Magic Dance - New Eyes

Stefan

0003412034_10.jpg

Press release from Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the signing of Magic Dance!

MAGIC DANCE is the solo project of singer/songwriter Jon Siejka, formed in Long Island, NY in 2012. A self-taught musician and producer, his debut EP, "Another World" was released in May 2013. "The Mirror of Dreams" and "Kiss Scene" EP followed, all heavily influenced by the iconic synth-pop and movie soundtrack music of the 1980s.

His 2015 release, "Haunting Me" EP marked an evolution in his sound, featuring guitar-heavy cuts like "Still Haunting Me" and "I Wanna Know". His newest record, "Vanishings" is an even larger statement of that evolution, combining '80s influenced AOR, pop rock, and synth-pop to create a sound uniquely his own.

In 2017, Jon will commence work on what will be his debut album for Frontiers, scheduled for release in 2018.

Jon says: “I can't imagine a better home for my music than Frontiers. They are the perfect label to release my upcoming album and solidify the direction in style I've been heading in over the last few releases. I am very excited about this new record and can't wait to share my new music with you all!”

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big congrats then, just hope he puts out an album that makes me jizz my pants.

Wow. I'm certain even he didn't see this coming.

Yeah, I am amazed and absolutely delighted by this news. Would not have imagined in a million years this was a possibility or even considered by either party. Very good.

Big congrats then, just hope he puts out an album that makes me jizz my pants.

You mean another one?

I don't like much what I've listened of his first EPs (too mellow and excess of synth for my tastes), but 'Vanishings' is a very good AOR album. Hope he keeps on this line.

I believe that's what he's suggesting will occur. ;)

Awesome, awesome news. I hope for, and expect brilliance. The cool thing about this is that as long as his desire remains strong, this can hopefully continue for years - decades to come... as he's just a dude and there's no band to fall apart around him. ;)

Yeah, well deserved indeed, love the early releases and also Vanishing too, finally am able to grab a Jap copy of this,

and hopefully they/he get(s) a proper reissue of 'Vanishing' and the EP on a proper silver pressed CD

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

34258479_945937868899634_174477546694377

Track listing for 'New Eyes':

1. You're Holding Back
2. Never Go Back
3. These Four Walls
4. Please Wake Me
5. Cut Beneath The Skin
6. When Nothing's Real
7. Better Things
8. For A Time (The End Of My World)
9. Looking For Love
10. New Eyes

Absolutely salivating for a sample from this one. It's a silly statement to make, but the track list looks super promising. 

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Absolutely salivating for a sample from this one. It's a silly statement to make, but the track list looks super promising. 

ie no inspiro or silly 'rock' titles

yes I agree....refreshing :)

• 2 weeks later...

New song.

From Frontiers:

Magic Dance are set to release their Frontiers Music Srl debut, “New Eyes” on December 7th. Magic Dance was born in 2012 on Long Island, NY as a solo project for singer/songwriter Jon Siejka. The first single from the album, the track "When Nothing's Real" is out now. 

“This song is about existing only in your head and never taking action on the things you really want to do. It's about being stuck in a fictional universe that you've created and isn't real, while a life you never wanted is formed around you. It represents the anger and frustration and the desire to escape those "shackles" of inaction,” explains mastermind Jon Siejka.

In late 2017, Jon and Magic Dance were signed by Frontiers after impressing label President Serafino Perugino with their last independent release, “Vanishings”. For this new album, Jon collaborated with Jack Simchak and Tim Mackey on guitars, Mike Peniston and Kevin Krug on bass, and Kevin McAdams on drums. While the sound is now heavier and more guitar oriented, the sound leans way more towards classic AOR, with strong hints of the sounds of the mid 80’s (think Loverboy, Heart, Survivor, etc).

Siejka talks about how “New Eyes” came to life and the meaning behind it:

“This album was written and (mostly) recorded in my bedroom during the spring and summer of 2017. I tracked drums at Virtue and Vice Studios in Brooklyn, NY with engineer Anthony "Rocky" Gallo (The Cult, Tycho, The Killers) and Kevin McAdams on drums. Bass was tracked at Tone Tent studios in Stanhope, NJ by Kevin Krug and Mike Peniston. It continues the AOR style of my last album "Vanishings", but branches off into several new directions. I have called it "New Eyes" because I think it is a fresh perspective on the 80's style that I've been writing in for the past six years. It takes unexpected twists and turns that listeners might not expect...I hope they come along for the ride!”