Spotify pays less than 1 penny to artist per stream

Shame in a way but I agree they take up so much space that unless there's something extra special about them I'm tending to rip the tracks I want and then ditching the disc. Wouldn't want to do that with my favourites though as i still don't fully trust that I wouldn't 'lose' them all if I didn't have a hard copy :yikes:

There would always be a niche market for them though I reckon - like vinyls which are making something of a come back - as they have the added element of being an art form.

I read somewhere that vinyls are becoming popular again, in part, down to the fact that it encourages the listener to actually listen to the whole album due to the effort involved in having to physically get up and move the arm on it if you want to skip a track. Maybe that would be a good thing and could kick start the album oriented rock/radio scene again?

It is true that I don't devote time to albums as much as I used to as it's so easy just to not bother and skip a track as soon as I lose interest but when I think back, there are quite a few tracks that I hated when I first heard them but they ended up growing on me and becoming amongst my favourites.

Like everyone here, I always thought it was good and noble to listen to full albums, but the world of MP3 definitely makes you sit there and acknowledge, why am I doing this? Why am I sitting through this shitty song, when I could be listening to an awesome song from this or another album? What's the point? Honestly, there is just no point in the world in listening to a bad song more than once, just for the sake of playing a full album. When there is so much good music out there, it is just wasted time.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Yeah, my kids blutooth their phones to their car stereos.

Aren't even bothered to put songs on a USB and plug that into their stereos.

It's a brave new world...

My car has a 6-disc changer, and I love it! My phone is a shitty music player, so I would never even consider Bluetoothing it. Really, only iPhones have a decent UI, and I hate iPhones. ;}

My car has a 6-disc changer, and I love it! My phone is a shitty music player, so I would never even consider Bluetoothing it. Really, only iPhones have a decent UI, and I hate iPhones. ;}

My Galaxy S7 sounds great when bluetoothed.

That's horrible if it's true!

• My Little Pony

I'm not talking about sound quality, just the UI. Every Android I've had had a terrible UI, so I just stopped using them as audio players.

I'm not talking about sound quality, just the UI. Every Android I've had had a terrible UI, so I just stopped using them as audio players.

You mean functionality? What was bad then? I just use Spotify?? Nought wrong

• 2023 Gold Donors

I haven't listened to a CD for a while now. For me it's all digital.

I purchased a headphone amplifier for my humble Samsung tablet and couldn't be happier both with sound quality and the UI of my audio and video player apps.

On high volume it's just as loud and rich as any system i've had and every song is only a touchscreen away.

Even in the old days when it was exclusively CDs, i would never sit through a crappy song just for the sake of listening to a whole album. That's borderline OCD man.

Interesting today. I was at Ford looking at new cars and the salesman told me basically cd players are being phased out.

Already the Fiesta model comes as standard with no cd player. They just figure these days everyone has connectivity via their phone.

DO NOT BUY A FORD CAR!! Especially a Fiesta.

My mom has one and it's the biggest piece of shit car she's ever owned.

Less than 10,000 miles and it's been in the shop 6 times. The transmission is pure SHIT. If you like hearing grinding while you drive, go for it! You like jerking and shaking uncontrollably, get one! You'll soon see why there are a zillion complaints about this terribly made vehicle.

FORD stands for Found On Road Dead.

Here's are a few stories about the defective transmission:

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/52510-ford-hit-with-class-action-over-fiesta-focus-transmission-defect/

https://www.kbklegal.com/the-ford-focus-fiesta-powershift-transmission-the-worst-of-both.html

• 2023 Gold Donors

Interesting today. I was at Ford looking at new cars and the salesman told me basically cd players are being phased out.

Already the Fiesta model comes as standard with no cd player. They just figure these days everyone has connectivity via their phone.

Less than 10,000 miles and it's been in the shop 6 times. The transmission is pure SHIT. If you like hearing grinding while you drive, go for it! You like jerking and shaking uncontrollably, get one! You'll soon see why there are a zillion complaints about this terribly made vehicle.

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/52510-ford-hit-with-class-action-over-fiesta-focus-transmission-defect/

https://www.kbklegal.com/the-ford-focus-fiesta-powershift-transmission-the-worst-of-both.html

In my school days, if you were not a FORD fan it stood for "Found On Rubbish Dumps".

Alternatively, if you were a fan it stood for "First On Race Days".

Ive owned a Galaxy for 8 years. Only been in the garage twice. No issues.

Looking at Galaxy or S-Max, we are leasing anyway so any problems they pay for and if it's shite we hand back in 3 years.

All the reviews ive read of these vehicles are 4 or 5 star. The only 7 seater which scores better is the Grand Picasso but i dont like the look of the car

• My Little Pony

Looking at Galaxy or S-Max, we are leasing anyway so any problems they pay for and if it's shite we hand back in 3 years.

All the reviews ive read of these vehicles are 4 or 5 star. The only 7 seater which scores better is the Grand Picasso but i dont like the look of the car

You think the Galaxy looks better?

• My Little Pony

PS i would never buy an automatic. Ever.

North American drivers are very, very lazy. Most of our automobiles are automatics. It can become difficult to find manual transmissions.

I prefer manual -- it's what I learned on -- but I couldn't find a single manual transmission on the car I wanted.

Shame in a way but I agree they take up so much space that unless there's something extra special about them I'm tending to rip the tracks I want and then ditching the disc. Wouldn't want to do that with my favourites though as i still don't fully trust that I wouldn't 'lose' them all if I didn't have a hard copy :yikes:

There would always be a niche market for them though I reckon - like vinyls which are making something of a come back - as they have the added element of being an art form.

I read somewhere that vinyls are becoming popular again, in part, down to the fact that it encourages the listener to actually listen to the whole album due to the effort involved in having to physically get up and move the arm on it if you want to skip a track. Maybe that would be a good thing and could kick start the album oriented rock/radio scene again?

It is true that I don't devote time to albums as much as I used to as it's so easy just to not bother and skip a track as soon as I lose interest but when I think back, there are quite a few tracks that I hated when I first heard them but they ended up growing on me and becoming amongst my favourites.

Like everyone here, I always thought it was good and noble to listen to full albums, but the world of MP3 definitely makes you sit there and acknowledge, why am I doing this? Why am I sitting through this shitty song, when I could be listening to an awesome song from this or another album? What's the point? Honestly, there is just no point in the world in listening to a bad song more than once, just for the sake of playing a full album. When there is so much good music out there, it is just wasted time.

Ah I agree with you 100% re not bothering to waste time listening to crap, but don't you think sometimes there is really good music that you don't 'get' - or whatever - the 1st time you listen to it? Maybe it's a different style to what you're used to or it's not what you're expecting. Or maybe it's simply that you're not in the right mood for it just then?

That's more what I was meaning. There's load of instances where new composers have done stuff and the majority have been saying 'that will never catch on; that's total naff' etc etc but now they are recognised as greats.

You might be one of the lucky ones who recognise whether something is truly good or not pretty quickly though

North American drivers are very, very lazy. Most of our automobiles are automatics. It can become difficult to find manual transmissions.

I prefer manual -- it's what I learned on -- but I couldn't find a single manual transmission on the car I wanted.

The same for me. I drive a manual and wouldn't have it any other way. I learned to drive a manual with rear-wheel drive. These days real-wheel drives aren't that common (sportcars excluded).

I miss the rear-wheel drive, it was more fun to drive.

You think the Galaxy looks better?

Yes. S Max is best. Esp inside. I prefer the stuff in front of me rather than centrally positioned

Got something to share about the Bluetooth thing, so today I rented a car which has no CD player and no USB port. But there is a ''Media'' button so I tried it, turns out it only supports Bluetooth.

So I give it a go, it takes a while to connect but finally starts working. So far so good, but every song I listened to had at least one interruption at one point, but the car is new as well as my phone. I've driven in friends' cars who had music playing via Bluetooth with no issues whatsoever so I don't know what it comes down to maybe I just got a shit car

Got something to share about the Bluetooth thing, so today I rented a car which has no CD player and no USB port. But there is a ''Media'' button so I tried it, turns out it only supports Bluetooth.

So I give it a go, it takes a while to connect but finally starts working. So far so good, but every song I listened to had at least one interruption at one point, but the car is new as well as my phone. I've driven in friends' cars who had music playing via Bluetooth with no issues whatsoever so I don't know what it comes down to maybe I just got a shit car

The cars we are looking at have USB ports and bluetooth connectivity and a single CD slot.

Best of everything :)

• My Little Pony

The cars we are looking at have USB ports and bluetooth connectivity and a single CD slot.

Yeah, why doesn't it have a USB port? That's weird.

Yeah, why doesn't it have a USB port? That's weird.

Didn't realize until after that there is in fact a USB port. But it's near the arm rest which is why I hadn't seen it at first.

Not sure driving an automatic is related to laziness.

Fair enough if you wash your clothes by hand and do your dishes in the sink (both manual tasks)

Technology improves so life becomes easier.

Self driving cars will soon be referred to as 'automatic' and today's automatic cars will be seen as 'manual' because you used to need to hold the wheel and push pedals with your feet.

Fair enough if you wash your clothes by hand and do your dishes in the sink (both manual tasks)

Self driving cars will soon be referred to as 'automatic' and today's automatic cars will be seen as 'manual' because you used to need to hold the wheel and push pedals with your feet.

Petrol consumption is my issue. But then in the States you dont need to worry about cost cos your petrol/ diesel costs next to nothing.

• My Little Pony

Petrol consumption is my issue. But then in the States you dont need to worry about cost cos your petrol/ diesel costs next to nothing.

Canada is stoopid expensive.

So is Finland.

So is Finland.

UK too, but then everything is flipping expensive there