Spotify pays less than 1 penny to artist per stream

Junkyard

Its not available via Apple Music until the day of release since its a streaming service. Thanks for purchasing the C.D., thats where the real support is, Apple music isn't really the best service for the artist considering the artist gets a ¼ of a penny per stream.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/high-water/id1222146744

Like · Reply · 1 · April 13 at 2:51pm · Edited

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Junkyard

Its not available via Apple Music until the day of release since its a streaming service. Thanks for purchasing the C.D., thats where the real support is, Apple music isn't really the best service for the artist considering the artist gets a ¼ of a penny per stream.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/high-water/id1222146744

Like · Reply · 1 · April 13 at 2:51pm · Edited

Hadn't heard of them before but just had a look at some of their old tracks. If the new album is as good should be pretty exciting.

I love that you get the free download of the album included with the purchase of the CD (if it's available as a download), best of both worlds and presumably the artist gets a good cut of the profits?

You might be one of the lucky ones who recognise whether something is truly good or not pretty quickly though

It wasn't instant, but yeah, these days, after listening to the music I have loved for over 20 years now, I am confident I can sort out instantly what is good or not. ;)

As for auto vs manual - I get the fuel thing, but other than that, I hate manual cars and manual drivers. Haha, lol. But yeah, there is that aura about manual drivers sometimes that they're doing something superior to auto drivers. It's simple for me, though. Driving isn't a "thing" for me. I drive to get places to do stuff. And as a courier I drive to work. I don't drive to drive. And why on earth would I want to make something simple harder than it needs to be?

If you're driving manual to save on petrol costs, congrats. I take my hat off to you, because it's expensive as fuck here too. If you're driving manual to tell people you drive a manual car... you're just a massive tool. ;)

Mainly fuel for me....and yes it is f expensive in the UK. Well over a pound a litre!! Autos just eat fuel like a fucker....my manual diesel has amazing fuel consumption.

Also my sister in laws auto gearbox just went.... £3k. I mean wtf. Seriously.

Manuals are more responsive as well...like overtaking etc.

Just better all round really.

Plus we are leasing now and autos are on average £2-3K more expensive....thats a lot over 36 months.

Enough to make it unaffordable actually.

Try to compile the best silky, quantity-quality, heavenly AOR compilation in spotify.... :rant: Talking about convenience... :whistle:

Have you done one? Or do you avoid Spotify?

I have come across a couple of compilations that people have contributed on there (Rock, Metal and Country ones) which are great for discovering quality bands I'd never heard of before. The downside of course is that there are so many of them I couldn't afford to actually be buying all their albums and as Spotify actually pays them so little then I'm not sure I'm helping them much financially. Then again, it's possible that if they're signed to a label they still wouldn't earn much even if I bought the album/track that I liked