Night Flight Orchestra - Amber Galactic

Glen

Never heard of this band before but that sounds awesome. Everything from his vocals to the keys to the guitars.

Going to check out their previous records

Never heard of this band before but that sounds awesome. Everything from his vocals to the keys to the guitars.

Both excellent mate...esp the debut.

Been listening to their 2nd album and it's awesome. They have such a unique sound which I dig (similar to Cats in Space).

Will check out their debut when I get a chance

Been listening to their 2nd album and it's awesome. They have such a unique sound which I dig (similar to Cats in Space).

Glad you like it mate....and yes i agree Cats in Space is awesome too. Very much looking forward to their second album this year :)

Glad you like it mate....and yes i agree Cats in Space is awesome too. Very much looking forward to their second album this year :)

Hell yea, same man. NFO is hard to compare to any bands/groups but I'd have to say a mix of Queen, Scissor Sisters, and Toto. There might be a fourth band/group but I can't think of them at the moment. Pretty damn cool

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the-night-flight-orchestra-amber-galacti

Tracks:

01. Midnight Flyer
02. Star Of Rio
03. Gemini
04. Sad State Of Affairs
05. Jennie
06. Domino
07. Josephine
08. Space Whisperer
09. Something Mysterious
10. Saturn In Velvet
11. Just Another Night (bonus track, limited-edition digipak, vinyl)
12. Fly Tonight (Never Rewind) (bonus track, Japan only)

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen...May I present the album of 2017 so far. The Night Flight Orchestra 'Amber Galactic' :banger:

Me love this album. My only (very minor) gripe is Saturn In Velvet should have ended with an epic solo.

Aside from that its damned near perfect

• My Little Pony

Ladies and gentlemen...May I present the album of 2017 so far. The Night Flight Orchestra 'Amber Galactic' :banger:

Hold up, Jez. I mean, Nickleback haven't released their album, yet.

He said so far ;)

He said so far ;)

I very much doubt Nickelback are gonna get anywhere near an album this good mate ;)

Loving their sound. They're hard to pigeonhole as they keep soundshifting but that's what I love - it keeps the interest.

I heard a more 'pop' sounding track which contrasted really well with the singer's rock voice. Is this the musical equivalent of fashion and interior design policies of mixing up contemporary with vintage pieces to get a fresh look?

They seem well into the progressive camp to me.

It's a lovely melting pot of many influences if you listen to all 3 of their albums. There is a definite Prog influence in some of theIr sound, especially on the first 2 albums and a whole lot of 70's/ 80' classic rock , AOR and a bit of pomp thrown into the mix as well. lovely stuff