Harem Scarem united

Scorp2121

Most bands cant even dream to write songs like them. True mate.

Um, no
HS > HOL

;)

Yeah, but who in their right mind would ever argue otherwise?

:popcorn:

HOL

HOL

LOL

I smiled at that.

But yeah, seriously, comparing Harem Scarem to House of Lords is a bit of a non-event. I am fond of both bands, but Harem Scarem are on a completely different playing field.

Anyway, I have to ask people... why does everyone seem to ignore 'Believe' (also released as 'Karma Cleansing,' I believe)? People talk about the first two and then from 'Weight of the world' onwards... but what about what could arguably be considered their best album?! Just to recap (these would all make a best of Harem Scarem compilation for me);

(what a cool video - how many of y'all have seen this before?! I've not:)

HOL

LOL

They could change their name :lol:

You mean, like to Rubber!!! Lol

That's cool guys, for the most part we like/love the same bands(some more and some less than others). Love HS (Harry's voice is one of the best around) just prefer HOL's catalog more as a whole.

• My Little Pony

That's cool guys, for the most part we like/love the same bands(some more and some less than others). Love HS (Harry's voice is one of the best around) just prefer HOL's catalog more as a whole.

I love that you're such a devoted HOL fan. It's fun to bug you about it, but I seriously admire your passion. That's what this whole site is about, though. Isn't it?

• My Little Pony

Ha ha yeah its all cool. Only wind ups. HOL have been pretty consistent over the years.

Yeah, consistently average. ;}

• Haha 1

Ha ha yeah its all cool. Only wind ups. HOL have been pretty consistent over the years.

Lol Keep dreaming!

Yup. Especially the last several discs. I do think they were pretty killer their first few discs.

Lol Keep dreaming!

I do....of them ever releasing another World Upside Down ;)

HOL have been consistently good (bar a couple of recent discs). Harem Scarem have been consistently great (bar 'Voice of Reason').

Better

What he said!

Hey, there's two of us. Am also a huge fan of House of Lords.

Hey, there's two of us. Am also a huge fan of House of Lords.

Don't tell these guys that, you'll never hear the end of it!!! Lol

Back on topic....

Is this the best HS release? Not for me. The debut in my eyes is the greatest AOR album ever and Mood Swings is the damn well near the greatest Melodic Hard Rock release ever. Those two will never be touched in my opinion.

However United is easily the best HS since Higher. United blends both WOTW and Higher but with a slight difference.....a Voice Of Reason difference. To me Voice of Reason wasn't a great HS release, way too moody, dark and slow....however United has the best production, sound and especially vocals lead and backing since Voice Of Reason....but these songs are way, way, way better.

Simply reading the name Harem Scarem gets me excited, but to be honest only a handful of their releases are true classics to me, the first two, WOTW and Higher. I believe United will add itself to that list of classic must have HS releases. My only complaint as it always is with modern HS releases is the over excessive use or sound of the cymbals...tone it down dammit! This is the comeback I was hoping for when 13 came out a few years back.

So, I've been listening to this one quite a bit lately and I can honestly say I haven't been this pleasantly surprised with a new album since Treat's "Coup de Grace."

"UNITED" isn't just good, it's bloody-well awesome. I doubt very seriously another CD will be released this year that I'll like more.