Harem Scarem united

Scorp2121

I love all of their releases. I cannot wait to hear this!!

Let's spam their f/book page with messages of re-releasing/re-recording "Early Years"!

What's wrong with the 'Early Years' as it is? I agree it would be awesome to hear all those songs re-recorded, but I also love the untamed nature of early HS at their hungriest. Love that album.

I love all of their releases. I cannot wait to hear this!!

Let's spam their f/book page with messages of re-releasing/re-recording "Early Years"!

What's wrong with the 'Early Years' as it is? I agree it would be awesome to hear all those songs re-recorded, but I also love the untamed nature of early HS at their hungriest. Love that album.

Maybe he meant re-recording them as it is if they can't get the license to re-release it ? just like Mood Swings II, not much changing except for the acappela stuff

Tomorrow the 1st single Sinking ship will be released and it is incredible.

Heard it this morning on Spotify and it is very nice indeed. Very Higher era imo. Big hook.

Tomorrow the 1st single Sinking ship will be released and it is incredible.

Heard it this morning on Spotify and it is very nice indeed. Very Higher era imo. Big hook.

Gotta say i love this song....been in my head all day.

If the whole album is this good it will romp home

Holy shit. That's a real vintage type Harem Scarem song. Fucking marvellous. Sounds like it's from that debut / 'Mood Swings' era. Love it, very much. And thank christ, production sounds excellent.

Holy shit. That's a real vintage type Harem Scarem song. Fucking marvellous. Sounds like it's from that debut / 'Mood Swings' era. Love it, very much. And thank christ, production sounds excellent.

Agree 100%

Agree 100%

REALLY good song, but I would say more of Higher/Weight than the debut/Mood.

Agree 100%

Defo Higher to me.

• My Little Pony

Agree 100%

Defo Higher to me.

And I say Mood Swings/Higher to me. Has the aggression of Mood Swings, and the production of Higher.

But the style of chorus has that almost debut style to me. Not so much lyrically, but that really big, catchy style reminds me so much of the debut. With the bollocks and guitarwork of 'Mood Swings.'

No doubt in the world Lesperance and Hess are two of the most under-rated peformers in the entire musical landscape. To do what they've been doing for as long as they've been doing it, and to both sound as good as they still do today... it is criminal that they are only acknowledged by a tiny little diehard melodic rock fanbase.

But the style of chorus has that almost debut style to me. Not so much lyrically, but that really big, catchy style reminds me so much of the debut. With the bollocks and guitarwork of 'Mood Swings.'

No doubt in the world Lesperance and Hess are two of the most under-rated peformers in the entire musical landscape. To do what they've been doing for as long as they've been doing it, and to both sound as good as they still do today... it is criminal that they are only acknowledged by a tiny little diehard melodic rock fanbase.

Totally agree!

yeah, but they all look OK on FB......hardly scrimping and scraping ;)

I guess Hess is paid pretty well for all his producing work....even though he's not that great at it :lol:

yeah, but they all look OK on FB......hardly scrimping and scraping ;)

I guess Hess is paid pretty well for all his producing work....even though he's not that great at it :lol:

Oh, I'm sure they're doing okay. I just mean in terms of being acknowledged as worthwhile contributors to the world of music. It still amazes me that a band can go on for as long as HS has been going, creating so much great music along the way, and they have never been acknowledged in any way by any sort of larger group of people.

I am sure they have no real desire to be "validated" by the masses, but they definitely deserve recognition. Just crazy that over 99% of the world's population would never have heard of Harem Scarem. Crazy thought.

esp given how many Journey, Foreigner, Boston, (and the like) fans there are in the world. The musical styles are hardly that different.

On the subject Andrew posted on Melrock noticeboard that there are better songs on the album, which pleases me immensely. I hate it when the released tracks turn out to be the best ones :)