Stefan

Breaking music news

46 minutes ago, lettard said:

Excellent,almost a DD get together then  :)

Excellent.

Also heard recently that Eclipse is aiming to have their next album out in May or June 2019.

Defiants and Eclipse are 2 good ones to look forward to.

18 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Excellent.

Also heard recently that Eclipse is aiming to have their next album out in May or June 2019.

Defiants and Eclipse are 2 good ones to look forward to.

guaranteed top 10 albums.

21 hours ago, lettard said:

Excellent,almost a DD get together then  :)

In theory it is D2. It is the Revolve line up with the vocalists swapped.

Makes you kinda think that the only reason that was the last D2 album and no follow up is due to Poley.

I remember Ravel saying there would be no more D2 as the recording process of Revolve was such hard work, and seeing as all three other members are recording together here, it kinda starts to look like the issue is with the vocalist.

Yumsex. I still can't for the life of me understand why Steve West didn't play drums on the debut The Defiants album... kinda sad to see him and Bruno apart for what I am guessing might be the first time in their post D2 playing career? No, I lie. Westworld. But generally, the two have been together in everything and I was surprised when Mr West wasn't on The Defiants album. Good to hear he is home again. 

And I agree - Eclipse and The Defiants is a nice start to 2019 for sure. 

New album 'Big Blue World' out this year.

From Unruly Child:

49664331_951426195051780_243807715381267

55 minutes ago, Stefan said:

New album 'Big Blue World' out this year.

From Unruly Child:

49664331_951426195051780_243807715381267

I ll look forward to this one for sure. Their last album though it didn't blow anyone out of the water I thought it was a very good album. The melodies were there and songs were catchy and unique.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• This album isn't their best IMO, but it's still plenty good, and I feel like "more of the same" is actually a good thing for this band.  And/or puts into perspective how lousy Frontiers has been for most of this year. 
    • We might be a little too critical, but at least we're giving them a lot of views as we find all the faults. ;}
    • Love that Cindy Hatch.  ;}
    • The Defiants and Work of Art are fantastic imo. I don't bother rating anymore. 
    • Continuity fail on the video - the outside-the-cart sequences are filmed on a road with nothing in the near background.  The close-up stuff is right next to a mountain or in a tunnel or something, so there's stuff right outside the window.  But they alternate back and forth as if the two shots are occurring at the same time.
    • Nothing wrong with the vocals to me. Always liked Carl Dixon and Cindy Hatch, including his voice.  They played at Sweden Rock Festival once and I loved the set. Dixon also played with April Wine that same festival. 
    • Definitely not for me!
    • Listening today....pretty good.   Couple annoying moments with the Intro and Interlude....both kinda pointless.  The Interlude is more annoying to me as it just breaks up things that are flowing along well.  So it's really a 10 track album.  And for me Blue Virgin Isles is horribly boring...So for me it's really a 9 track album. The rest is all pretty solid though.  It starts out kinda with the heavy side of Degreed and seems to get more commercial as it goes along.   Initially, I think my early standouts are Lost Generation, Summer Of Love and Body Of Work.  Lost Generation is a pretty melodic type rocker, Summer of Love kind of a throwback mild melodic rocker and Body of Work just feels like typical Degreed with poppy and heavy elements blended together. Overall, feels maybe a bit more commercial than their previous efforts and can't say it's overly blowing me away.  At the same time though still good and some worthy additions to their catalog.  
    • The good old Foreigner feeling. Dig it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.