Thinking of selling my CD collection

• My Little Pony

I'm gonna be buried with a CD in my hand !

But which one?

Let's try throwing a Justin Bieber, guess he might rest in pieces :D

I wouldn't doubt he owns them. Have you seen his purchasing habits? They're even more random than mine.

• 4 months later...

Yeah to tell you the truth I only really listen to a handful every weekend when I'm drinking in my man cave shooting pool.

Chris Irvine

China Sky

Witness

Aldo Nova - Twitch

Autograph

After that it's a crap shoot of what I'm in the mood to listen too.

I've pretty much got everything I was wanting everything else just sounds the same with slight differences.

Who knows the buyer may offer some of these up to you guys which I have purchased tons of CD's on this board you might get a chance to get it back.

Besides it's really fun playing the guitar for real, so many different brands of guitars and amps these days, it's not just Marshall, Fender, Gibson, Jackson, and Kramer anymore.

Ha, here's a video of my favorite stationary troubadour (yeah, I'm also an avid Marshall collector).

Yeah there are some kick ass players on YouTube. There is a Russia guy on there can't remember his name he plays a Charvel as well along with an Engl Powerball.

Check out a guy named Jay Parmer he's all about the Lynch licks.

Well it looks like the deal fell through and I'm going to have to sell them the hard way 1 by 1. The CD list is in the CD collection forum, I will post the prices in the proper forum when I make the $20 donation Dan is requiring (WHY YOU!!!!!!). I hate to see them go but it's time. Almost all of them are on original labels.

You can have the whole shootin' match for $14,000, that's roughly $12 a CD that's half of what I paid for the entire thing. YOU MUST HAVE THE MONEY AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE I'M NOT HOLDING. The more expensive CD's I will include shipping depending on where you live, I'm only shipping registered mail with signature so there won't be anything lost in the mail.

I'm giving you guys the first shot at them before I take it in the ass from Ebay or Amazon.

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob,

I wish you all the best, but there's no way in hell you're going to get someone to pay an average of $12 per CD for a large collection, even if you have CDs that are worth hundreds of dollars each.

When I sold off the lion's share of my collection in the mid-2000s to PJ, at the height of the collecting market, it averaged just over $4 per disc. With the current market, I'd be surprised if it got anywhere near that now.

If you want a $12 average, you're going to have to sell them individually here and on eBay (Amazon is no longer an option; non-industry sellers are being locked out from selling collectible CDs on the Amazon Marketplace).

eBay. Learn it, live it, love it. :lol:

P.S. I STRONGLY recommend against insisting upon registered mail. For one thing, it is insanely expensive, and for another it doesn't meet PayPal's requirements for seller protection. The signature must be viewable online, which Registered and Insured mail signatures are not. Just ship USPS mail with tracking for under $750 and with Signature Confirmation over that. If you want to be protected against loss or damage, buy insurance.

Stay away from Registered Mail though.

Hi Bob,

I wish you all the best, but there's no way in hell you're going to get someone to pay an average of $12 per CD for a large collection, even if you have CDs that are worth hundreds of dollars each.

When I sold off the lion's share of my collection in the mid-2000s to PJ, at the height of the collecting market, it averaged just over $4 per disc. With the current market, I'd be surprised if it got anywhere near that now.

If you want a $12 average, you're going to have to sell them individually here and on eBay (Amazon is no longer an option; non-industry sellers are being locked out from selling collectible CDs on the Amazon Marketplace).

eBay. Learn it, live it, love it. :lol:

P.S. I STRONGLY recommend against insisting upon registered mail. For one thing, it is insanely expensive, and for another it doesn't meet PayPal's requirements for seller protection. The signature must be viewable online, which Registered and Insured mail signatures are not. Just ship USPS mail with tracking for under $750 and with Signature Confirmation over that. If you want to be protected against loss or damage, buy insurance.

Stay away from Registered Mail though.

Thanks for the advise Dan, I'm hoping I can sell most of them here at least I know they will go to a good home and be well taken care of. I've purchased a lot of them from peeps here maybe they can get them back. Not sure how many of the old timers are still around I don't post much anymore.