Vital Silence - What's Left For Mystery

Dead Planet

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2021 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2021.

76% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • Truth be told, those on both ends of the religious spectrum can be pretty intolerant at times. Depending on the issue, I can lean towards either end. Personally, I was raised an agnostic (which is what I believe you would classify yourself as Geoff). There may be "a God" or "Gods" or there might not be, I just don't know. I don't say that there is a supreme deity, nor do I deny the existience of one... if it/they exist, they've not revealed themselves to me. I personally believe that religious faith (or the equivalent insistence in the lack thereof) is a personal, internal determination. It cannot be taught, persuaded, or beaten into you. Providing lipservice one way or the other while believing otherwise would seemingly defeat the entire purpose, as in the event there IS a supreme being, they would be able to see/hear/determine your actual thoughts and feelings regardless of what you opine publicly. It may be that in time I will have an epiphany or some life-altering event that will change my perception and thus my faith... or not. Only time will tell. Until then, I believe that there are some very strong tenets of Christianity (and other religions) that are just good concepts to live by... and others that are hypocritical AF. There are times that I think that religous zealotry goes over the top, e.g., the fundamentalist regligios "Right" here in this country, and there are also times where atheists go over the top in their anti-religious zealotry, e.g., lawsuits over a cross or a nativity scene on public/government property. Seriously? Add to all this the milticultural/diversity shrieking over Christmas trees, the Baby Jesus, and other idiotic whining, and I am more than happy to wish everyone specifically a "Merry Chistmas!" and decidedly *NOT* "Happy Holidays", just to piss those people off.
    • Yesterday Only Happen In My Mind - Trash Bats
    • Vol.1 The Awakening -  Voodoo X
    • Dirty Looks - Turn Of The Screw (Rock Candy Remaster)
    • Humanity - Hour 1 - Scorpions
    • Ask Me Yesterday - Tom Keifer
    • I'm sorry for editing your post mate. Just making a point.
    • what if you believe in autofellatio?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.