jondavis

2002 - Best Albums

Well my comment about a killer mid tempo song was answered....but as usual only the Japs benefitted.

Easy 9.5 for me....and thanks cos i hadnt heard this....just makes the album even more killer

That song bumps it up to 92%

Thanks to this conversation, I've had these two songs on repeat in my head. Love it!

That song bumps it up to 92%

Don't you hate it when Spotify doesn't have the whole album? :whistle:

I hate it more when my cd doesnt :(

Well my comment about a killer mid tempo song was answered....but as usual only the Japs benefitted.

Easy 9.5 for me....and thanks cos i hadnt heard this....just makes the album even more killer

You haven't heard this song till now?

https://youtu.be/esS6UIKsiSs

You haven't heard this song till now?

Nope

Okay, up to me again, I guess. Here is, of course, the correct score:

1 . Weight of the World - 9.25

2 . Killing Me - 9.5

3 . Outside Your Window - 7.75

4 . All I Want - 8

5 . This Ain't Over - 9.5

6 . Internude - interlude

7 . You Ruined Everything - 7

8 . Charmed Life - 7.5

9 . If You - 7.25

10 . See Saw - instrumental

11 . Voice Inside - 7.25

12 . End Of Time - 9.5

Total - 82.50

With regard to George's dislike of a certain song, I remember way back in the day when this was released, my main issue with the songs I rated lower ( 'You ruined everything,' 'If you' and even 'All I want' to a certain extent. 'All I Want' is saved by possibly the best moment on the CD, in the pre-chorus) was that they had a very Rubber-esque vibe, and in hindsight, I didn't like Rubber at all... one bit.

But they all have a bit of a kind of "annoying" nah-nah-nah-nah, you can't catch me kind of childish taunt type hook. Yep, I know it makes no sense, but that's just the vibe I get. Almost like a taunting childish hook... but it's Harem Scarem, so even though parts of the songs might not work, there is always another part of the song which does, and saves the parts I don't like.

Okay, up to me again, I guess. Here is, of course, the correct score:
1 . Weight of the World - 9.25
2 . Killing Me - 9.5
3 . Outside Your Window - 7.75
4 . All I Want - 8
5 . This Ain't Over - 9.5
6 . Internude - interlude
7 . You Ruined Everything - 7
8 . Charmed Life - 7.5
9 . If You - 7.25
10 . See Saw - instrumental
11 . Voice Inside - 7.25
12 . End Of Time - 9.5
Total - 82.50
With regard to George's dislike of a certain song, I remember way back in the day when this was released, my main issue with the songs I rated lower ( 'You ruined everything,' 'If you' and even 'All I want' to a certain extent. 'All I Want' is saved by possibly the best moment on the CD, in the pre-chorus) was that they had a very Rubber-esque vibe, and in hindsight, I didn't like Rubber at all... one bit.
But they all have a bit of a kind of "annoying" nah-nah-nah-nah, you can't catch me kind of childish taunt type hook. Yep, I know it makes no sense, but that's just the vibe I get. Almost like a taunting childish hook... but it's Harem Scarem, so even though parts of the songs might not work, there is always another part of the song which does, and saves the parts I don't like.

Apart from the pre-chorus in 'Outside your window' which is of course better ;)

7.75 for that song is ludicrous sorry.........its a great song with marvellous pre, chorus and melody.

Also Voice Inside has a fantastic chorus and killer verses. 7.25 makes no sense for that either?? :screwy:

I know you generally trust your ratings, but go back and just re-listen to 'Voice Inside' and then say its worth just 7.25.

Also, how are the first 2 songs not 10/10 - perhaps the greatest songs in the HS discography?????

Mate, if you honestly think the pre-chorus in 'Outside your window' is anywhere in the same arena as the pre-chorus in 'All I want,' let alone better, I will resign my position on this forum. Take your own advice and listen to both songs back to back now and get back to me. ;) And a thanks wouldn't go astray, for guiding you to the light.

To be honest, I think 7.75 is very generous for 'Outside your window' and only a traditional super catchy chorus and some cool vocal hooks get it over 7.5. It almost sounds like an out-take from 'Voice Of Reason,' to be honest, and 7.75 is definitely not too low - too high, if anything.

'Voice inside' has killer verses, does it? Seriously mate, just put it on now and confirm that. The verses are horrific, and the only reason this gets a sniff of a 7 is because the chorus is admittedly very good. Absolutely awful verses, though.

The only things I might agree with is both 'Weight of the world' and 'Killing me' deserve a small boost. I still don't think either of them are 10's, but yeah... maybe 9.5 and 9.75 respectively.

Much to your delight, my favourite song on the CD, for sure is 'This ain't over.' The chorus hook/s is everything I love about Harem Scarem and Hess' delivery makes me believe every letter of every word he blesses us with. Love that song.

Your view on Outside My Window is just weird, sorry. Even Kouros (who damned Charmed Life) got the rating nearly right at 9/10.

Its a great song imo.

PS youve obviously never seen HS live cos Hess singing the pre to JOYW is one of the greatest things you will see in concert.

Just awesome.

PS youve obviously never seen HS live cos Hess singing the pre to JOYW is one of the greatest things you will see in concert.

Just awesome.

I've never seen them live, and fucking Canadian!! These motherfuckers never come out West! Dammit!

I might be a little bitter.

;}

;}

Ha ha...ive seen them twice.....or is it 3 times ;)

;}

Ha ha...ive seen them twice.....or is it 3 times ;)

Jog on.

Yes, it would be very difficult seeing Harem Scarem live, living in Australia and all. So no, I have not seem them live. ;)

Yes, it would be very difficult seeing Harem Scarem live, living in Australia and all. So no, I have not seem them live. ;)

I live right under them, and most likely will never get to see them.

Here are my favorites albums from 2002:

1. L.A. Guns – Waking The Dead
  2. Harem Scarem – Weight of the World
  3. Shy – Unfinished Business
  4. Jaded Heart – The Journey Will Never End
  5. Frontline – Against the World
  6. Crown of Thorns - Karma
  7. Street Talk – Restoration
  8. Westworld – Cyberdreams
  9. Jeff Scott Soto – Prism
  10. Loud & Clear – Disc-Connected
  11. 91 Suite – S/T