Nickelback - Feed the Machine (6/9/17)

Mr. M

New Nickelback announced today with a massive tour.

I'm not sure what the general attitude towards Nickelback is on here but this new single takes it back to their harder stuff

We will see how this turns out

Pretty decent I guess....Good to hear a little edge back in them.

I had a spell at one point where I liked these guys but have sorta turned on them the past 4-5 years and removed them from my radar.

Amazes me that these guys have found so much commercial success over the year while so many other bands that we talk about on this site do melodic rock much better and can't get much attention at all.

Pretty decent I guess....Good to hear a little edge back in them.

Already surprised by a couple of comments in this thread. All their albums do contain a larger number of heavier tracks than the commercial / ballad tracks. You just need to look in the right places, but there is always plenty of "harder" stuff.

Don't get me wrong, not defending them either way. I neither love nor hate them. I personally prefer their commercial side, but there is an even spread on all albums. There's always ballsy / riff-heavy stuff on their albums, though.

• 3 months later...

Not sure about that one. Some of the lyrics are pretty painful. It wouldn't be a song I'd play again from them; I'll leave it at that.

Some of their stuff I like..'Dark Horse' especially was a terrific album, but on the other side of the coin, there is a fair bit I don't like too, so I always approach their albums with caution and this will be no different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'Home' and 'Silent Majority' are my favourite two on the album. Not wild about the album overall, but it's solid.