Inglorious - Inglorious II

Stefan

16179246_1279144238808291_39975370769291

Press release from Frontiers Music:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl are pleased to announce the release of the second Inglorious album, “Inglorious II”, on May 12, 2017! The band have also announced their new guitar player, who you can meet in the video below!

September 2016 saw Inglorious base themselves in Liverpool to work on the follow up to their 2016 eponymous debut album. Produced by the band and mixed by the legendary Kevin Shirley (Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith), this new album is set to further enhance the standing of this remarkable band. From the body blow riffs of “Read All About It,” to the beautiful melodies of upcoming first single “I Don’t Need Your Loving”, from the groove of “High Class Woman” to the classic feeling ballad “Making Me Pay”, this is an album that shows the bands influences stem from iconic rock and roll shrine of rock albums from the 1970s – many years before the band members were born – merged with a truly contemporary feel. Driving riffs and instant melodies all overlaid with the unique and powerful vocals of Nathan James.

Nathan James on “Inglorious II”: “It came together very organically after spending time touring together and felt great. We knew we were making an album this time too! We focused on getting our sounds just right so we could get into the studio and out in the least time possible. Between Adde's flat in Malmö, Sweden and Colin’s family home in Somerset, England, this album came together quickly. We spent three weekends in Somerset, writing in a kind of 9-5 fashion, whereby we knew we were at work. Then after a lovely home cooked dinner we would relax, have a few beers and balance out our hard work, the environment is so important to be creative and we had it good!”

16602899_1293609017361813_69943748730989

Tracklisting:

1. I Don’t Need Your Loving
2. Taking The Blame
3. Tell Me Why
4. Read All About It
5. Change Is Coming
6. Making Me Pay
7. Hell Or High Water
8. No Good For You
9. I Got A Feeling
10. Black Magic
11. Faraway
12. High Class Woman

The album will be released as a standard CD and also as a Deluxe 2CD/DVD edition. The DVD will feature a previously unavailable live performance from Download Festival 2016 plus extra bonus content, including videos for forthcoming singles “I Don’t Need Your Loving” and “Taking The Blame”. DVD content:
Live At Donington:
Until I Die, Breakaway, High Flying Gypsy, No Good For You, Holy Water, Warning, Unaware.
Special Features:
Inglorious EPK, Taking The Blame – Music Video, I Don’t Need Your Loving – Music Video, Behind The Scenes.

A vinyl release will also be made available through Frontiers Music Srl partners Soulfood.

2016 was a stunning year for UK five-piece Inglorious. Their eponymous debut album was released through Frontiers Music Srl in February. The album received widespread critical acclaim at press, multiple A lists at radio and a lauded performance on Vintage TV. The band toured across the world, with numerous high profile shows in the UK and Europe – including show stopping performances at Download Festival 2016 and Ramblin' Man Fair 2016, support slots for The Winery Dogs and The Dead Daisies, and culminating with a support slot for Steel Panther’s European Arena tour in October and a co-headline UK tour with labelmates Last In Line in November 2016.

Formed in February 2014, the band is fronted by Nathan James, who made a name for himself having sung for the multi-platinum selling Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and Scorpions guitar legend Uli Jon Roth. Nathan was looking for like-minded musicians that desired to make incredible rock music in a very honest fashion. The band’s lineup on “Inglorious II” was completed by rhythm guitarist Wil Taylor, lead guitarist Andreas Eriksson, bassist Colin Parkinson and drummer Phil Beaver.

The band have also announced the departure of album guitarist Wil Taylor right after the end of the new album's recording. They are delighted to announce that for 2017 and moving forward they are reuniting with original member Drew Lowe on guitar, who is joining the band as a permanent member.

www.inglorious.com

FB

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Is this the band everyone in the Mafia said was the best on the MOR Cruise? Haven't listened to the above, but I recall being very underwhelmed with the debut.

Is this the band everyone in the Mafia said was the best on the MOR Cruise? Haven't listened to the above, but I recall being very underwhelmed with the debut.

Well Wes anyway ;)

• My Little Pony

Well Wes anyway ;)

Don't care how good a vocalist you are; you can't save a terrible project. James Michael proved that with Modern Vintage. While not terrible, I think it makes my point.

Well Wes anyway ;)

Wasn't one of my top sets on the cruise... But not bad at all.

• My Little Pony

Well Wes anyway ;)

Wasn't one of my top sets on the cruise... But not bad at all.

Who would you say was your favourite?

No, wait, maybe I don't want to know. It sucked so much seeing Electric Boys on the bill, and I had to miss it, again.

Inglorious does absolutely zero for me.

Yep! And the guitarist from Crazy Lixx left for this?!!!

Yeah but they will end up much bigger than Crazy Lixx. Already played Ramblin Man fest in UK. So a good decision on his part.

Yeah but they will end up much bigger than Crazy Lixx. Already played Ramblin Man fest in UK. So a good decision on his part.

I get it, but still lame. Lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Can't wait to hear it!

I know what you mean, such glowing endorsements.

Seriously though, although i'm not exactly frothing at the mouth in anticipation, i'm looking forward to giving it a go.

I think i'm one of the only ones here that didn't mind the debut.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't hear the EPK, but that other song was okay. Just really plain run-of-the-mill late 80's sounding stuff. A band you'd ignore back in the day, and that I basically do in this day.

• 2 weeks later...