Crazy Lixx - Ruff Justice

Stefan

This is my favourite Crazy Lixx album.

They absolutely nailed it.

Haha, I thought all your commentary was shaping up to you hating this.

Anyway, I think I agree. Time will tell if it is actually better and more consistent than 'New Religion,' because I also think it might be - maybe. The weakest two songs are 'Killer' and 'Hunter of the heart,' but both are very cool songs and probably a bit better than the weakest two on 'New Religion.'

They have no doubt followed a similar plan to 'New Religion,' but why the heck not?! Everyone loved that album, and likewise, every single Crazy Lixx fans is going to love the shit out of this album.

My favourite song is 'Walk the wire' (perfect commercial / melodic rock) but the surprise of the album for me, for sure, is the ballad - 'If it's love.' I don't really associate Crazy Lixx with good ballads, but I love this song. Huge 80's style ballad. Cliche and simple, but perfectly executed. And I love the solos across the album too. I don't think the guitarists are the most amazing ever, but they're just very good, melodious 80's style solos. Love 'em.

Awesome disc and at the moment probably just pipped One Desire for my favourite album of the year so far. The riffs are just delectable. Exactly what got me into this type of music, and still what I love most.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why??

All my comments in this thread (aside from slagging them off live ;) ) have been very positive -

#21 - I commented before that these are better than anything on the last album.

#26 - I do like the sound of those song titles....and the comparisons to New Religion is exciting.

#45 - Love that song

#49 - Sounds exactly like I expected - very nice but fairly predictable.

#70 - About as late 80s as u can get....vid an all.

#84 - I like the new song too. It sounds like all their other songs but still nice.

What was the biggest surprise for me was the last 3 songs - absolute killers all 3 and a brilliant end to the album.....in fact the closing song might be my fav.

Also you think 'Killer' is the weakest song?? Wow. I adore that song - its so 80s it hurts.

Agree with Glen here...Think this is my favorite CL album. Also agree that this one finishes strong....Much stronger than the last album did.

Agree with Geoff too about the ballad....very well done.

For me, it's just solid from top to bottom. I liked their last album a lot but it sorta fell off in the second half for me. I also loved New Religion but that album also had a few tunes I find myself skipping past.

I really like the throwback vibe of this and for me these Friday the 13th songs sorta set the tone for the album.

Only been through it once so need to see how it settles. At the moment I'd still put it behind Tokyo Motor Fist and Eclipse on my list. It'll be ahead of One Desire though...Much more instant for me and suites my tastes a little more.

These guys are something....Seems like they have a different lineup every year and still manage to put out a fine album after they almost seemed close to calling it quits. Kudos to Danny Rexon who obviously has the vision and is a pretty darn good artist in my book....Even if he isn't the best singer out there. I think his voice suites the songs on this album just fine.

• My Little Pony

Why??

All my comments in this thread (aside from slagging them off live ;) ) have been very positive

Yeah, it's clear he doesn't actually read full comments. It appears he glosses over and makes a judgment based on what he assumes the comments say.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear this one.

Why??

All my comments in this thread (aside from slagging them off live ;) ) have been very positive

Yeah, it's clear he doesn't actually read full comments. It appears he glosses over and makes a judgment based on what he assumes the comments say.

What? Why do you have sex with goats? Jeez mate, there's better things to do with your time than that. Like worshipping Allah, like you always talk about. Just stick to that because I like farm stock.

Anyway, to clarify my comments to Glen - lol @ you going back and collecting all your comments - I don't have a memory, so I had your last three comments in mind, two of which indicated you were heading towards thinking this was heard-it-all-before, predictable and nothing they hadn't done before. If you look at it in the context of time, through my dazzling eyes, you will see that, as usual, I was on the ball.

Why??

What? Why do you have sex with goats? Jeez mate, there's better things to do with your time than that. Like worshipping Allah, like you always talk about. Just stick to that because I like farm stock.

Anyway, to clarify my comments to Glen - lol @ you going back and collecting all your comments - I don't have a memory, so I had your last three comments in mind, two of which indicated you were heading towards thinking this was heard-it-all-before, predictable and nothing they hadn't done before. If you look at it in the context of time, through my dazzling eyes, you will see that, as usual, I was on the ball.

LOL :rofl2:

Why??

I have 'heard it all before'* but at the same time I can appreciate that this is very well done and suits my taste much more than the last slightly throw away album.

As TTS said that album slipped badly in the second half (although there were admittedly 3 or 4 killer songs), and hence didn't live up to the usual CL high standards.[* my case in point was just before the chorus hit in the ballad, I had 4 or 5 different things spring into my head like 'Is it Love' Paul Laine, 'Inside Love' - Seven etc etc..........thankfully it turned out great and wasn't a rip off]

It's all under control now, though. I'm glad that you - as I - like it. I just thought you were going a different way, but I'm glad to see we can all sit down and embrace in our adoration for this album. Because it's very, very good.

As I spun it about five times today, I couldn't help but think back and gasp at how close it appeared that there may no longer be a Crazy Lixx about a year ago, when the band was more or less stripped down to a duo. So glad they decided to rebuild and were able to come back, arguably, stronger than ever.

And Karpetface, it is not less grotesque to have sexual intercourse with lambs than it is goats, so just stop it. Leave my livestock alone.

LOVING IT!, but I also love the S/T and of course NR, and I really like the songs on RA just the production was a letdown. Debut is really good, but only own the mp3's from tat one.

LOVING IT!, but I also love the S/T and of course NR, and I really like the songs on RA just the production was a letdown. Debut is really good, but only own the mp3's from tat one.

Not many bands have been this consistent.

Not many bands have been this consistent.

Agree

I like it a lot and will be listening to it for the rest of the summer but it doesn't come close to my beloved Riot Avenue

Ha ha great to hear someone else who actually likes that album :)

I like it a lot and will be listening to it for the rest of the summer but it doesn't come close to my beloved Riot Avenue

Riot Avenue is an amazing album, much better than the ever praised New Religion. ;) The new one is my favourite too btw so I have to repeat myself: their albums are getting better and better with every release. Now I go back and listen to it again.

Riot Avenue is an amazing album, much better than the ever praised New Religion. ;) The new one is my favourite too btw so I have to repeat myself: their albums are getting better and better with every release. Now I go back and listen to it again.

Some of my favourite CL songs are on Riot Avenue.....

The title track is amazing, Church of Rock is Epic, Only the Dead Know is genius, in the night and be gone are both full on rockers which i love.

Yes, there are some really good songs on RA!

No one ever denied there were good songs on 'Riot Avenue.' Whilst I do think it's their weakest album song-wise, it was only ever the shithouse production that let that album down... not the songs.

But anyway, I do agree - poor sound on that album aside, all their albums have been good and enjoyable.

No one ever denied there were good songs on 'Riot Avenue.' Whilst I do think it's their weakest album song-wise, it was only ever the shithouse production that let that album down... not the songs.

But anyway, I do agree - poor sound on that album aside, all their albums have been good and enjoyable.

Dear we go over this a lot. As ive said in the past you are confusing a stripped back sound with production.

The album is actually produced really well cos the drum sound is amazing on tbat album and the bass....its just there is a less rhythm guitar filling out the sound.

I actually think its their best produced album but i can understand why some might not like the stripped back sound

And as for the songs they are great aside from a couple of weaker moments.

Its pretty pointless comparing CL albums cos they are all basically v good and range from 80-90ish % for me.

Loving this disc,although Shot With A Needle Of Love sounds familiar I just can't place it yet and Killer sounds like Vinnie Vincent Love Kills at the beginning,that said I'm still loving the disc a hell of a lot after more and more repeated spins...and yes I'd agree that its probably their best but all of their releases have been very good.

Loving this disc,although Shot With A Needle Of Love sounds familiar I just can't place it yet and Killer sounds like Vinnie Vincent Love Kills at the beginning,that said I'm still loving the disc a hell of a lot after more and more repeated spins...and yes I'd agree that its probably their best but all of their releases have been very good.

It reminded me of Shot Through the Heart by BJ. You know where they sing shot on its own.

Yes!

Dear we go over this a lot. As ive said in the past you are confusing a stripped back sound with production.

The album is actually produced really well cos the drum sound is amazing on tbat album and the bass....its just there is a less rhythm guitar filling out the sound.

I actually think its their best produced album but i can understand why some might not like the stripped back sound

Its pretty pointless comparing CL albums cos they are all basically v good and range from 80-90ish % for me.

I still disagree on that, I played them all back to back last night and it has a muffled sound compared to the others.

I still disagree on that, I played them all back to back last night and it has a muffled sound compared to the others.

Muffled?? U got a dodgy disc mate. Clear as a bell on my stereo ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors

It's from the Pretty Boy - Metro Sessions album with the awesome Dennis Lind on vox. I'ts a cool cover,don't come close to the original tho...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbsXo3UUukA