Crazy Lixx - Ruff Justice

Stefan

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be an awesome year me thinks!!!

I find myself extremely interested to hear this, as in probably one of my top 5 most anticipated albums of 2017. Cannot wait.

Lets hope its better than the last one.............that had no staying power outside of about 3 songs.

It was much better than 'Riot Avenue.'

Lets hope its better than the last one.............that had no staying power outside of about 3 songs.

Not imo - too throw away.

All I really liked was 'Hell Raising Woman', 'Girl of the 80s' and 'I Missed the Mark'............the second half in particular was really weak, outside of the pointless re-record.

Not imo - too throw away.

All I really liked was 'Hell Raising Woman', 'Girl of the 80s' and 'I Missed the Mark'............the second half in particular was really weak, outside of the pointless re-record.

I sorta agree with you both...

Definitely better than Riot Avenue for me....That album just did absolutely nothing for me.

But while I did like the last album, agree that the second half was pretty weak and it's not really an album I've returned to much after the initial couple months of listening to it.

They've done some good stuff though so will be giving it a fair chance.

I thought the last one was great and still gets listens from me

Especially Outlaw, Love that song

Agree on it being great. Outlaw is a really good song.

Confirmation from the band that the 2 video game song will be on the new album

Yep.

RegMaster Jay So pumped!

Two questions:

1.Will the album have "XIII"?

2. Will the have "Live Before I Die?"

I'm a DJ and the world NEEDS these songs in their life.

13731739_1161505887202937_57888787210525
Crazy Lixx 1. Yes

2. Yes

Thanks man!

I dig the guitar work in the first song and it's catchy

The baseline and the vocals remind me of the 80's in the second song which is great. Similar to Palace or Cruzh. Very melodic.

I haven't had a chance to listen to any of their albums yet. Is there a must listen?

New album is off to a good start

I dig the guitar work in the first song and it's catchy

The baseline and the vocals remind me of the 80's in the second song which is great. Similar to Palace or Cruzh. Very melodic.

I haven't had a chance to listen to any of their albums yet. Is there a must listen?

New album is off to a good start

I think most people would agree on their second album ''New Religion'' if you get a chance maybe try the songs ''Rock And A Hard Place'' or ''Blame It On Love'' off that album

Thats great news.

I commented before that these are better than anything on the last album.

Yeah, excellent news about those two songs being on the disc. Great tunes.

As for the s/t album, 'Call to action,' on the 2nd half, is a great tune. And I like 'All looks no hooks' too. But otherwise, four of those first five songs are superb.

• 2 weeks later...

Press release:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is thrilled to announce the upcoming release of Crazy Lixx's new studio album, “Ruff Justice” on April 21, 2017.

The new record celebrates Crazy Lixx’s fifteenth anniversary as a band and offers ten hair / sleaze / 80's metal gems that harken back to the height of the hard rock era. The new songs draw inspiration from not only music, but also from 1980’s horror and action flicks and stand as a glowing reminder that pretty much everything was better in the 80’s. With its big choruses, memorable hooks and riffs, impressive guitar solos, and a massive production by Danny Rexon and Chris Laney, this album is sure to resonate with old fans and new listeners alike.

“We’ve tried the same ‘all killers-no fillers’ approach that we’ve gone for on our previous albums, but this time, more than ever, I think we’ve come close to that vision,“ says lead singer and producer Danny Rexon.

“Ruff Justice” will be the first Crazy Lixx album to feature the new lineup with Chrisse Olsson and Jens Lundgren handling axe duties.

“It does bring a certain feel to the album that I think we’ve been missing since the days of ‘New Religion’ (2010). Once again the whole band pulls in the same direction and the end result, I believe, will be very well received among those who hold ‘New Religion’ in high regards. If I would compare Ruff Justice to any of our previous albums, that would have to be the one,” Danny Rexon concludes.

The album also includes three songs which appear on the “Friday The 13th” videogame soundtrack: “XIII”, “Killer“ and “Live Before I Die”.Friday the 13th: The Game is an upcoming survival horror video game developed by Gun Media and IllFonic, and published by Gun Media. It is scheduled for release in early 2017 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox, and Playstation 4.

With "Ruff Justice", Crazy Lixx have raised their game tremendously! As always, their live shows in support of this album are going to take no prisoners! Don’t miss them while they’re on the road!

CRAZY LIXX
Danny Rexon – vocals
Joél Cirera - drums
Jens Sjöholm – bass guitar
Chrisse Olsson - guitar
Jens Lundgren - guitar

16473491_1291953527527362_58096758318105

“Ruff Justice” tracklisting includes:
1. Wild Child
2. XIII
3. Walk The Wire
4. Shot With A Needle Of Love