Night Ranger - Don't Let Up

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

I was suitably unimpressed with this album. Need some more spins to see for sure where I'm at, but there were a bunch of really weak tunes on here.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a real mixed bag of an album.

Id say 4 or 5 of the tracks i really like. The rest are just average to good.

Can see it panning out around 70%. Pretty low for a Night Ranger album....but then the last one wasnt that great either.

Yeah, maybe not quite as weak as I initially thought, but not great either. There are some nice tunes like 'Truth,' 'Don't let up,' and an especially strong latter part of the album with 'Comfort me' and 'Jamie.' But aside from those, it's only pretty average to good.

• 2 weeks later...

From Frontiers:

Please join us in wishing Kelly Keagy a speedy and successful recovery!

BREAKING NEWS: NIGHT RANGER’S KELLY KEAGY TAKES LEAVE OF ABSENCE FOLLOWING SUCCESSFUL HEART PROCEDURE

Rock Veterans Castronovo & Coury to Fill In Temporarily Behind Drum Kit as Legendary Band’s 35th Anniversary World Tour Continues

Kelly Keagy, the drummer, co-lead vocalist and co-founder of the acclaimed, multi-platinum and long-running band Night Ranger, is taking a temporary leave of absence from the band during April and May, as he recovers from a successful heart procedure, Night Ranger announced today. Veteran drummers Deen Castronovo (formerly of Journey and Bad English, currently of Revolution Saints) and Fred Coury (Cinderella) will sit in for Keagy for the next 6 weeks during Night Ranger’s 35th anniversary world tour, which coincides with the release of the band’s new studio album, Don’t Let Up.

Keagy issued the following statement:

“I’ve dealt with a heart abnormality my entire life. At the recommendation of my doctors, I decided to undergo a procedure that will allow me to come back even stronger. I’ve asked the guys in the band to go ahead with the tour, and I’m looking forward to rejoining them on the road as soon as I can. I’m grateful for the support and prayers of my family, my bandmates, and our fans, which have meant everything to me as I’ve gone through this process.”

Keagy is now at home continuing his recovery, which is expected to take six weeks.

Night Ranger’s Jack Blades (lead vocals, bass), Brad Gillis (lead & rhythm guitars), Keri Kelli (lead & rhythm guitars), and Eric Levy (keyboards) issued the following statement:

“We support and applaud Kelly’s decision to put his health first and undergo this treatment now so he can be back at full strength as quickly as possible. While it will be strange being out on the road without our brother Kelly for the first time in the band’s history, we take comfort in knowing it’s a temporary situation, and he’ll be back soon even stronger to continue the 35-year anniversary tour.”

“We’re grateful to our buddies Deen and Fred, for agreeing to step in as guest drummers for Night Ranger during Kelly’s short hiatus (Deen will perform at the May shows and Fred will perform at the April shows). They’ve both been good friends of the band for years, and it’ll be great to be rockin’ America with them while Kelly recuperates.”

“We know our fans join us in sending their thoughts and prayers to Kelly and his family as he recovers from his procedure, and we look forward to reuniting with him on the road very soon as we celebrate the release of Don’t Let Up and the 35th anniversary tour rolls on.”

• My Little Pony

Wow. Hope he recovers quick.

But... How cool would it be to see/hear Deen smashing/belting out those Night Ranger tunes?!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...