No Resolve - Unity [The first must have album of 2017]

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

As i have mentioned before i'm no expert in this genre of music so i rely on my buddy alternative Dave to hook me up with the albums he thinks i would like. Well this time he has come up trumps as this album for me anyway [you might think different] is perfect. I have not stopped playing this since i received it yesterday and can see myself playing it for some time. Anyway in case you are interested this is courtesy of unsigned.com

NO RESOLVE began when singer Oscar Pegorraro and guitarist Russ Mitchell met in Lake Orion Michigan. Oscar, trained in choir, had played in a couple local cover bands. He knew, however, that he wanted to be in a group that wrote original music. Russ had been playing guitar for 10 years and was a member of defunct Flint bands Executive Monkey and Pale Grey Sky. The chemistry between him and Oscar was undeniable. They started writing and performing at open mic nights, and the response was more than encouraging. They then set out in search of a rhythm section. First came James Rose, who possesses an amazing ability to pick up bass lines effortlessly due to his passion for music and his eclectic tastes. Through James came drummer Jon Vidal, a multi-instrumentalist formerly of the band Tiny Amps of Corduroy Tuscadero. Having spent time at Berklee College of Music as a drum set performance major, Jon was the final piece of the puzzle. NO RESOLVE was born! With influences ranging from Incubus to the Beatles to Tool, they have a very unique and infectious sound. They have played various places around Michigan, including The Machine Shop, The New Way, Bullfrogs and the Hayloft, and the crowd response has been excellent. Full of potential, NO RESOLVE is destined for great things!

But what do they sound like i hear you ask,well here ya go,enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sL0ZBeaWxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1IEe4HMsY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnl8SLM2I3Q

That first clip is quite dark, but cool. They sound good. My internet is really playing up (and constantly freezing tonight) so my listening experience was annoying, but I want to hear more.

Heard this today - great album. I love 'The Pusher' filmclip, but imo it's about the weakest song on the album. Some great stuff on here, with a really cool sound. The closing ballad gave me chills too.

nice !!

Sounds a lot like Papa roach to me , nice find

Those songs above sound better than Anything Papa Roach have managed since The Paramour Sessions imo.

Like the smooth sound too.

Will check this out for sure.

nice !!

Those songs above sound better than Anything Papa Roach have managed since The Paramour Sessions imo.

They definitely have never got anywhere near The Paramour sessions in quality I would have to agree

still a good band though , as for this album , I have listened to it in full and have to echo the above , really good album from start to finish although I don't like the last song personally

nice !!

They definitely have never got anywhere near The Paramour sessions in quality I would have to agree

still a good band though , as for this album , I have listened to it in full and have to echo the above , really good album from start to finish although I don't like the last song personally

I should say, it gave me chills - 'Dancing with your ghost' - I think it was mainly the female vocals in the 2nd verse - haunting stuff. But there is a line in the chorus that already annoyed the shit out of me - really poor English, so it remains to be seen if I really like the song or not.

Okay, just spun it again. The line "some might say that we have stole the show." Really? Are we serious? We're trying to sell that as a proper line in the English language that makes sense? It annoyed me right away and I fear it may into the future.