Art Nation - Liberation

Stefan

Everything is always 10/10! I can't take these reviews seriously. I dunno are these lads doing these "reviews" just so they can get albums early...

Pull out your Thesaurus and use as many variations of punchy/thundering/pounding/impact as you can for bonus points!

Monsterous!

Tells you absolutely nothing worthwhile about the *actual* music. Extra bonus points for excessive use of exclamation marks!!!!

Totally agree, I'm sick of internet 'reviews' by so-called 'professionals' without nearly any criticism.

This warrants some criticism as well imo.

Not a huge amount, but some..............

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't gotten mine yet...arriving later today.

This is exactly how I felt about the first album though...liked about half of it and also felt like the vocals held it back a little. I hated the ballad on that first album mostly because of the vocals.

I really don't have all that high expectations for this. Just sorta hoping it's a bit more edgy than the first album. I've liked Ghost Town and even Real Me has grown on me some.

First listen through - pretty good but not in the same league as One Desire or Eclipse or Crazy Lixx. Id say half of it i really liked and half didnt quite hit the mark although not bad by any means.

1000 Charades was my fav....very similar in style to HEAT.

I did skip a couple....i think i still struggle with his vocals...just edges towards too accented for me. Some of the arrangements are quirky too. Maybe that element will grow on me but i prefer it when they belt out a straight forward anthem.

Well worthy of more listens though.

Haven't gotten mine yet...arriving later today.

This is exactly how I felt about the first album though...liked about half of it and also felt like the vocals held it back a little. I hated the ballad on that first album mostly because of the vocals.

I really don't have all that high expectations for this. Just sorta hoping it's a bit more edgy than the first album. I've liked Ghost Town and even Real Me has grown on me some.

First listen through - pretty good but not in the same league as One Desire or Eclipse or Crazy Lixx. Id say half of it i really liked and half didnt quite hit the mark although not bad by any means.

1000 Charades was my fav....very similar in style to HEAT.

I did skip a couple....i think i still struggle with his vocals...just edges towards too accented for me. Some of the arrangements are quirky too. Maybe that element will grow on me but i prefer it when they belt out a straight forward anthem.

Well worthy of more listens though.

You will love stuff like 1000 Charades - its miles better than Real Me which is the worst song imo.

Everything is always 10/10! I can't take these reviews seriously. I dunno are these lads doing these "reviews" just so they can get albums early...

Pull out your Thesaurus and use as many variations of punchy/thundering/pounding/impact as you can for bonus points!

Monsterous!

Tells you absolutely nothing worthwhile about the *actual* music. Extra bonus points for excessive use of exclamation marks!!!!

Totally agree, I'm sick of internet 'reviews' by so-called 'professionals' without nearly any criticism.

This warrants some criticism as well imo.

Not a huge amount, but some..............

Well, I said 'without nearly any criticism' actually. But in fact wasn't referring about that one specifically, but in general.

I've finally concluded not trusting reviews at all.

I like it,(like Glen said)half good other hahf not as good. very H.E.A.T ish. NOT anywhere as good as the debut, but has some good songs. Ghost Town, Maniac, Kiss Up, 1000 Charades, Paralyzed and What Do You Want are my picks. I feel this is a H.E.A.T situation, ATN is a great Melodic Rock/ AOR album, then TDTW, is harder and a slight change in style on some songs. Art Nation's debut is a great Melodic Rock/ AOR album, and the follow up is a harder and slight change in style on some songs. In both cases for me neither live up to the the albums before it.

True enough but both HEAT albums are a lot better of course ;)

Oh no, I agree. Was just comparing style change from both bands.

Not a bad album...I think I like it a tad more than the first album. I like the slightly heavier approach and it think I hits my tastes a little more.

Like Ghost Town, Manic, Kiss Up Kick Down, Thousand Charades, Paralyzed and What Do You Want. And really nothing that I flat out disliked my first time through. I'd say maybe Take Me Home and One Nation are at the bottom for me.

Definitely not at the level of Eclipse or Crazy Lixx though. I do think the vocals hold these guys back slightly. They really do sound better when they're just belting those vocals out.

I can see this growing on me some though.

Not sure what to make of this one. I am definitely disappointed, won't deny that. But it's not like it's a bad album. Just underwhelming.

The clear (and some might argue, only) highlight is obviously 'Kiss Up & Kick Down.' It's the only real shot at a big hook that the album has. I love the modern feel to it, despite it being dressed up in "traditional" hard rock. I'm still not sure I understand all the chorus lyrics, but it's a great tune.

Elsewhere, 'Ghost Town' is the best of the rest, and after that there's just a bunch of pretty decent tunes. 'Maniac,' 'One Nation' and 'Paralyzed' are all songs I will pass on into the future, but the rest is... okay.

Average album overall, sadly.

Not sure what to make of this one. I am definitely disappointed, won't deny that. But it's not like it's a bad album. Just underwhelming.

The clear (and some might argue, only) highlight is obviously 'Kiss Up & Kick Down.' It's the only real shot at a big hook that the album has. I love the modern feel to it, despite it being dressed up in "traditional" hard rock. I'm still not sure I understand all the chorus lyrics, but it's a great tune.

Elsewhere, 'Ghost Town' is the best of the rest, and after that there's just a bunch of pretty decent tunes. 'Maniac,' 'One Nation' and 'Paralyzed' are all songs I will pass on into the future, but the rest is... okay.

1000 charades is better than both of those.

Ive had Maniac stuck in my head.

This needs a few spins but is actually pretty good.

1000 charades is better than both of those.

Ive had Maniac stuck in my head.

This needs a few spins but is actually pretty good.

I agree with Glen on this one....After being through it multiple times now I do think it's pretty good.

Ghost Town, Maniac, Thousand Charades are the highlights for me. The album sorta tails off a little bit in the middle for me with the slower songs and the cliche One Nation, but ends pretty good with the last 3 songs.

Overall, I think the music is all pretty great on the album and the songs are pretty good. The one thing that holds it back a little bit for me are the accented vocals that are more prevalent on some songs than others. I think I notice it most on songs like When Stars Align and Take Me Home.

Still pretty decent though and do like the direction they went with this album. I wonder also if other superb releases lately like TMF, Eclipse, OD, Crazy Lixx are sorta over-shadowing this a bit for me. There's some years where this album probably could've ranked fairly high for me but just too many other good releases this year....With more still to come.

I've spun it a few times, and like I say, it's not a bad album... but it just isn't that great either. 'Thousand charades' would be in the top half of the album, but not sure what you guys are hearing in 'Maniac.' By far my least favourite song on the album. Don't like that one.

I've spun it a few times, and like I say, it's not a bad album... but it just isn't that great either. 'Thousand charades' would be in the top half of the album, but not sure what you guys are hearing in 'Maniac.' By far my least favourite song on the album. Don't like that one.

Its catchy.....possibly in an annoying way....like Real Me ;)

I just don't find it catchy or appealing at all. It's like when HEAT did that 'Mannequin' song. Except this one is just crap, whereas that one was just kind of creepy.

I just don't find it catchy or appealing at all. It's like when HEAT did that 'Mannequin' song. Except this one is just crap, whereas that one was just kind of creepy.

I didnt think so either but then wham....it was in my head.

I wasnt that pleased ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Been listening quite a lot to this one, and I must admit it's definitely on par with the debut, great album, with good songs and lots of diversity.

Only "I'm Alive" and "Paralyzed" come across a bit weaker than the rest of the bunch, but I'm more than happy :-)

I don't dig it all that much to be honest. No where near as good as the last one.

I'm the opposite, like it more than the first. I guess that's why I come from a land downunder!

I don't dig it all that much to be honest. No where near as good as the last one.

I'm the opposite, like it more than the first. I guess that's why I come from a land downunder!

So do I, but I think this one is much worse than the debut. ;)

I'm with you......Also like this one much more than the first album.

I don't know why exactly...Just like that this one feels like it has a bit more edge.

• 1 month later...