Art Nation - Liberation

Stefan

This one isn't doing much for me.

I liked a couple songs on the debut...Need you To Understand was pretty good....But this is one I struggle at times with when it comes to the vocals. I'm not sure if it's the accent or what it is.

I never heard enough to convince me to buy the first one and not off to a good start here.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's pretty good. Definitely a different sound, no doubt, but I'm still hopeful of a good CD. They still sound good to me.

Are there less members in the band know?? Seem to remember they had a big lineup..

They're pretty poor at keeping people up to date on what's happening to be honest. I follow them on Facebook and haven't a clue.. didn't realise the keyboard player had left, and now there's a female bass player, but the old fella is still appearing in photos.

They post stuff only in Swedish a lot which is kinda annoying, but hey...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anybody seeing or hearing much on this album? I was sorta expecting another song to get tossed out before the 4/28 release but haven't seen anything. I'm used to Frontiers releases getting all kinds of attention in my social feeds but this one being a non-Frontiers release doesn't seem to be getting the same treatment.

I pre-ordered this....kind of a "whim" purchase. I had an amazon gift card to use so giving this one a shot....But really not sure about it. I liked about half of their debut album but really don't go back to it much. I really wasn't planning on getting this album when I first heard about it but I think the heavier, more modern direction of Ghost Town is what convinced me to order.

I've seen only a couple reviews of this album and both have been very favorable and both reviews have said this should appeal to fans of H.e.a.t and Eclipse....So somewhat optimistic. Here is one review I saw:

http://heavyparadise.blogspot.com/2017/02/review-art-nation-liberation-2017.html

ART NATION is a melodic hard rock/AOR band from Sweden and it could easily be the next big thing from this country!! After the solid debut "Revolution" in 2015, Art Nation comes back with a new opus which is entitled "Liberation". "Liberation" includes all the things that we loved from the debut plus a catchier and more in-your-face sound that will make a big impact to this scene.
First of all, if you are a fan of bands such as Eclipse, H.E.A.T., W.E.T. and Dynazty, then you HAVE to check out this band!!! It mixes perfectly all the great elements of the above mentioned super-bands plus their own identity and, at the end it creates a brilliant record that will end-up high in this year's top lists!!!
The opening tune of "Ghost Town" is just perfect!!! Punchy, in-your-face and with a chorus line to die for this one must be played on maximum volume!!! Stunning!!! "Maniac" includes a big groove in it, a 'clever' an' loud chorus line that reminds H.E.A.T. and great arrangements! Do you want more? If yes then, check out "Kiss Up & Kick Down" and you'll be hit by a monstrous modern melodic rock anthem!!
"When Stars Align", "One Nation" and "A Thousand Charades" are all three big and hook galore melodic rock gems with huge choruses, crunchy guitars, powerful vocals and in an one word...perfect!!!!
Next, in "I'm Alive" we are dealing with yet another killer track. Starts slowly with a haunting melody and, when it comes to the chorus, it explodes!!! For sure, one of the best tunes that this band has ever recorded. "Paralyzed" is the heavier cut in this new record and it shows perfectly the abilities of this band to write heavier stuff also.
To consume here, Art Nation with "Liberation" delivers an ultra-catchy, impressive, powerful and extremely melodic album!!! "Liberation" is a melodic rock piece of an art that can't be missed by any fan of bands such as Eclipse, H.E.A.T. and Dynazty!!!!
Rating : 10/10

Everything is always 10/10! I can't take these reviews seriously. I dunno are these lads doing these "reviews" just so they can get albums early...

Pull out your Thesaurus and use as many variations of punchy/thundering/pounding/impact as you can for bonus points!

Monsterous!

Tells you absolutely nothing worthwhile about the *actual* music. Extra bonus points for excessive use of exclamation marks!!!!

Ok rant over :P But seriously, I've got this on pre-order but I'm not pushed on it. Though I really liked the first album, the singles so far haven't appealed to me, especially Ghost Town and it's really odd out of place Euro dance breakdown bit near the end. Very odd indeed.

First listen through - pretty good but not in the same league as One Desire or Eclipse or Crazy Lixx. Id say half of it i really liked and half didnt quite hit the mark although not bad by any means.

1000 Charades was my fav....very similar in style to HEAT.

I did skip a couple....i think i still struggle with his vocals...just edges towards too accented for me. Some of the arrangements are quirky too. Maybe that element will grow on me but i prefer it when they belt out a straight forward anthem.

Well worthy of more listens though.

Everything is always 10/10! I can't take these reviews seriously. I dunno are these lads doing these "reviews" just so they can get albums early...

Pull out your Thesaurus and use as many variations of punchy/thundering/pounding/impact as you can for bonus points!

Monsterous!

Tells you absolutely nothing worthwhile about the *actual* music. Extra bonus points for excessive use of exclamation marks!!!!

Totally agree, I'm sick of internet 'reviews' by so-called 'professionals' without nearly any criticism.