Streaming taking over the music industry

PeterS

The Regular Show for me.

Always on around midnight, so I have a little chuckle before I fall asleep...

Regular Show is awesome! Just yesterday my brother told me they finished the show though, last episode aired on Monday. I haven't been watching for the past 8 or 9 months so have to catch up a little

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always download the tv shows for free....I have been getting in the habit of downloading the entire season of a show and then watching it over several days which is the best way to watch anyway considering many shows continue the same story line/lines for the entire season...

Yep, I've got a few gigs worth of downloaded shows too - good luck me, to ever get around to watching any of them...

I started watching it to tease a couple of my kids who love it.

They are in bed when it's on so weren't up to date and I'd get up and start with "you should have seen the regular show last night..." and then start to make them jealous relaying what happened.

Gradually the moved from watching to tease them to watching because I liked the show.

Pops rules :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 9:45 AM, PeterS said:

One of the positives of getting older is that I won't have to deal with the whole streaming thing for too very long and I'm glad I was around when music was a physical product.

I just loathe the whole streaming thing.  Spotty bluetooth connections, annoying ads, randomly playing stuff I don't want to hear, having to fumble around trying to find specific stuff in my digital library while driving, compressed, low quality tin can sounds....Really not much good to say about it.

That might be true for new music and 99% of the population are fine with only streaming I'm sure cause all they want is the newest songs that are being played on the radio anyway. I am streaming music as well BUT not everything is available online. I'm talking older / obscure stuff or even artists' discographies that are on Spotify are sometimes incomplete. So I guess Spotify can cover most of the musical needs but not 100%, at least for me

8 hours ago, tts42572 said:

One of the positives of getting older is that I won't have to deal with the whole streaming thing for too very long and I'm glad I was around when music was a physical product.

I just loathe the whole streaming thing.  Spotty bluetooth connections, annoying ads, randomly playing stuff I don't want to hear, having to fumble around trying to find specific stuff in my digital library while driving, compressed, low quality tin can sounds....Really not much good to say about it.

so you can load a CD while driving??

I have never had Bluetooth cut out in the car. In my house Sonos operates over WiFi. Connection is instant and permanent. Not Bluetooth. 

Ads? Only if you are on a free platform

low quality? Spotify sounds incredible through my Sonos. Much better than CD and trust me I still have decent hifi gear - Denon, Arcam etc.

Not sure what u are on about mate ;)

• 2 weeks later...