There are four songs available? I've only heard "Never Look Back."

Yeah me too?

Killing Me was the other one. Only on Spotify i think

Now we have "Jaded"

There are four songs available? I've only heard "Never Look Back."

Yeah me too?

Killing Me was the other one. Only on Spotify i think

Now we have "Jaded"

Oh and Vertigo makes 4,its just that I haven't heard Killing Me :)

I read that all of the new Frontiers releases(due 24th march) have a March 8th release in Japan? Is that true anyone?

Yes all except night ranger came out the 8th and night ranger on the 10th

I know that HOL posted a pic of a Japan fan has the album already.

Listening this full now... :guitar:

Early veredict: great, but... a bit below Armageddonize IMHO, only a bit.

(Your mileage could vary, obviously).

Listening (and enjoying) this for second day full... :guitar: :guitar:

The "problem" to me, maybe, is that the formula is beginning to be a bit repetitive (as some of you discussed posts ago in fact). Here quite tracks have too similar structure and rythm: Vertigo, Never Look Back, No Way Back, Killing Me, Jaded, Born To Lead, For Better Or For Worse,... All are pure music bliss, don't misunderstand me, just too samey. I find the tracks in Armageddonize more varied and distinctive. Also The Downfall Of Eden to me is Battlegrounds 2.

That said, all are great and done with absolute perfection, so I can forgive it this time. But for the next one they should add some innovations to the mix, I think (but not in excess, of course).

Apart of this minor whining, serious candidate to Album of the Year with Tokyo Motor Fist's, no doubt.

Poor fan! :whistle:

You're such a douche!

The "problem" to me, maybe, is that the formula is beginning to be a bit repetitive (as some of you discussed posts ago in fact). Here quite tracks have too similar structure and rythm: Vertigo, Never Look Back, No Way Back, Killing Me, Jaded, Born To Lead, For Better Or For Worse,... All are pure music bliss, don't misunderstand me, just too samey. I find the tracks in Armageddonize more varied and distinctive. Also The Downfall Of Eden to me is Battlegrounds 2.

That said, all are great and done with absolute perfection, so I can forgive it this time. But for the next one they should add some innovations to the mix, I think (but not in excess, of course).

Apart of this minor whining, serious candidate to Album of the Year with Tokyo Motor Fist's, no doubt.

Maybe because Erik is involved with so many projects now, his songwriting handprint were found everywhere and quite easy to remember,

anyway, still a solid album as usual, maybe will rated well above 90%

I will hear this on the 24th. But i will say i love those first 4 tracks when played back to back.

They have their own sound for sure but the execution is faultless.

Have heard it...Very good album.

I do agree with poster above that it does have a familiar feel and maybe not quite the variety in songs as the last album. I also think the last album had a couple really epic songs...Wide Open was probably my favorite song of 2015...Not sure this album has any really epic songs.

That said though..Still a fantastic listen and just great melodic rock. I think my early favorites are Never Look Back, Killing Me and Jaded.

Great album and really can't see anybody who has liked the past couple albums not being pleased with this one also.

Maybe because Erik is involved with so many projects now, his songwriting handprint were found everywhere and quite easy to remember,

Yep, exactly mate.

Maybe because it's an album? Trying perhaps to capitalize on the momentum they have of popularity? Otherwise they should only release singles. Great straightforward tunes, except the mediocre ballad and some cheesy lyrics there and there.

Poor fan! :whistle:

You're such a douche!

I am! Actually gave the new HOL a 71%. Pretty solid musically dragged down by the vocals but not unlistenable for sure.

Jeez mate, not sure how you reached that conclusion... at all, lol. I don't hear that a bit. Usually I can see your point, but you've lost me on that one. For the record, I actually disliked 'Battlegrounds' - probably the worst Eclipse song I've heard.

But on first couple of spins, 'Downfall of eden' is my second favourite song on the new album, behind the excellent 'Killing me.' It's a killer song - 'Battlegrounds' was viking campfire shit. ;)

I did hear the album a few times tonight and thought it was another good one. It's all very familiar, but I just love the riffage throughout the album. Very nice. It's not out of this world, but it's Eclipse and it's good. Should rate quite highly this year, I think.

Jeez mate, not sure how you reached that conclusion... at all, lol. I don't hear that a bit. Usually I can see your point, but you've lost me on that one. For the record, I actually disliked 'Battlegrounds' - probably the worst Eclipse song I've heard.

But on first couple of spins, 'Downfall of eden' is my second favourite song on the new album, behind the excellent 'Killing me.' It's a killer song - 'Battlegrounds' was viking campfire shit. ;)

I did hear the album a few times tonight and thought it was another good one. It's all very familiar, but I just love the riffage throughout the album. Very nice. It's not out of this world, but it's Eclipse and it's good. Should rate quite highly this year, I think.

sorry mate you've lost me......I just listened to the 2 choruses back to back on YB and they are almost identical.

Same dodgy subject matter too.

I like Battlegrounds but its easily the worst song on that album, just like I have no doubt Eden will be my least fav on this album (based on what ive heard so far)..........

PS still not sure where you guys are hearing this?? Jap or leak? Leak I would imagine. sad times :(

You're going to have to post the two links you're listening too, as you have the wrong version of one of the songs, surely. 'Battlegrounds' is pure nordic pirate pillage rock when it comes to the chorus. 'Downfall of eden' is great, catchy melodic rock. Nothing nordic or "piratey" about it at all.

Yeah, we will see if others comment. Jeezus wept I really don't hear it at all.

As for 'Jaded,' it's a cool tune. It's not as good as 'Killing Me,' though. ;)

Good album.

tbh mate it surprises me, cos given the lyrics I would have had it down as exactly the type of song you'd hate ;)

You know, faith, strength, fighting to turn things around, some bollocks about kings and queens and the downfall of an empire .....and to top if off a very Thin Lizzy sounding guitar solo.

;)

To each their own, but it was an instant turn off for me..............I don't mind it but it will be bottom of the pile.

Jaded on the other hand is magnifique.

tbh mate it surprises me, cos given the lyrics I would have had it down as exactly the type of song you'd hate ;)

You know, faith, strength, fighting to turn things around, some bollocks about kings and queens and the downfall of an empire .....and to top if off a very Thin Lizzy sounding guitar solo.

;)

To each their own, but it was an instant turn off for me..............I don't mind it but it will be bottom of the pile.

Lyrically, it's not my fave. Shit like that always annoys me. I heard the new HOL album today too and the turn off with them is the same - some songs with awful pointless lyrics. But lyrics aside, it's got a great hook and is a very nice tune, imo.

;)

Lyrically, it's not my fave. Shit like that always annoys me. I heard the new HOL album today too and the turn off with them is the same - some songs with awful pointless lyrics. But lyrics aside, it's got a great hook and is a very nice tune, imo.

Its still prob a 7.5/10 but not a 9 like most of the others.

It will be interesting on 22.04, but I bet my left nut they swap this tune in the set and drop 'Battlegrounds'.........seems like an obvious replacement to me. Erik always has one tune along these lines lyrically.