Eclipse - Monumentum

Stefan

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

Art nation is awesome...love it. Brother Firetribe also immense.

Looking forward! How about HOL?

LOL

Brilliant new albums from Eclipse, Art Nation, and Brother Firetribe...... why do you have to destroy the momentum with the weak HOL? :P:lol:

LOL

Brilliant new albums from Eclipse, Art Nation, and Brother Firetribe...... why do you have to destroy the momentum with the weak HOL? :P:lol:

You best leave HOL alone!!! lol

• My Little Pony

LOL

Right?!

;}

I'll give HOL every chance but fear it will be weak.

I LOVE HOL, but the last 2-3 albums, I'm struggling to appreciate James' once mighty raspy vocals. The vocals throughout aren't as strong or powerful and I don't like the sound of Robin backing him up on all the high notes. I'm really struggling with the change of approach to cover the loss of power.

I'll give HOL every chance but fear it will be weak.

I LOVE HOL, but the last 2-3 albums, I'm struggling to appreciate James' once mighty raspy vocals. The vocals throughout aren't as strong or powerful and I don't like the sound of Robin backing him up on all the high notes. I'm really struggling with the change of approach to cover the loss of power.

Me too but i agree.

Just listened to the new track Harlequin and whilst its ok it not gonna be more than a 7/10.

Fear they will get lost and overlooked in 2017.

HOL will sound exactly like a mix of their last handful of albums. They're hardly setting the world alight with any curveballs anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Good song...I do agree the formula is familiar....It still works though.

In my mind it's going to be extremely difficult for them to compete with Armageddonize. I just thought that album was about perfect.

Id just like a little variation in their songs. Erik seems to be using the same 2 or 3 riffs.

The songs are great dont get me wrong. Its just i feel HEAT and a few others will have more variety.

It's the production too, everything sounds a bit *too* glossy and similar across albums since Bleed and scream, making the similarities in the songs extra evident. I do like the new song though.. who is that doing the backing vocals? Sounds slightly Martina Edoff-ish...

S

Similar actually, but no connection.

o it should be one of my favorites then, since I love the Brother Firetribe song.