Adellaide - Flying High

Stefan

14524395_1187364554667989_61411295932105

From glorydazemusic.com:

Background
We introduce a new Brazilian band in 2016 called Adellaide. They've just released a three track EP which sounds pretty good to these ears. From Sao Paulo, Adellaide have all the ingredients which makes for a great AOR band, without sounding like the cookie-cutter releases coming out of Europe these days. Adellaide are full on with pompous keyboards and razor sharp guitar work, just the way many of the GDM regulars like it!

The Songs
Just the three songs here, opening with the glorious 'Save Your Love', this band have got it on a string. Daniel Vargas has a voice tailor made for our favourite sub-genre of rock, and everything just clicks into place. 'Heroes' is slightly more restrained at the start, though you can tell this song could take off at any minute (like the warplane on the album cover), and it surely does. Another terrific dose of melodic hard rock/AOR. The third track 'Edge Of Feelings' has all the makings of a power ballad. Leading with some intricate piano work, the song comes alive soon after, the urgent rhythm section delivering the power of a turbo engine which allows guitarist Ale Nammur to fly over the top with the precision of a guided missile.

In Summary
This short EP has got me wanting more from this great new band. According to the band's FB page, a full length CD is in the works and is scheduled for a 2017 release courtesy of Lions Pride Music. Joining the band recently is new keyboardist Leandro Freitas, who was previously with Horyzon, another Brazilian band on the Lions Pride roster. The new Adellaide album should be on everyone's 2017 watch-list. In the meantime, track this EP down and take a trip to Adellaide!

Adellaide:

Daniel Vargas (vocals and Keyboards)
Ale Nammur (guitars)
Alek Ribet (bass)
Claudio Nammur (drums)

FB

13335968_1073910486013397_32150684207598

It ends up a little bit "Brazilian" come chorus time, but the verses are good and the vibe is good. I like it enough that I'd want to hear more. I'd just like some stronger choruses.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Im from Brazil and I usually dont like brazilian hard rock/aor/melodic rock bands because of strong accents that some vocalists have. That being said, I havent noticed one single bit of that "brazilian accent". Yes, you surely can say that they're not from US or UK, but I would never say that they're from my country.

Aside from that, I think this a little too soft for a single. I like my singles with strong riffs and catchy choruses. Usually soft songs have too many keyboard emphasis.

As usual, wanna hear the rest of the album...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

From Lions Pride Music:

We feel proud to announce the signing of the Brazilian melodic hard rockers Adellaide AOR Melodic Rock band for their upcoming album "Flying High" to be released in October2017 in physical and all digital outlets! More info coming soon...

• 3 months later...

From Lions Pride Music:

We feel proud to announce the signing of the Brazilian melodic hard rockers Adellaide AOR Melodic Rock band for their upcoming album "Flying High" to be released in October2017 in physical and all digital outlets! More info coming soon...

61Mo-teodgL._SS500.jpg

Samples: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075JS2PXX/?tag=artistlink-20

• 3 weeks later...