What? How? Why? Michael Bolton...

Stefan

15442359_1243264512396264_65240020078611

:blink:

Press release:

BREAKING NEWS: On February 10, 2017, Frontiers will release the new Michael Bolton album, "Songs Of Cinema"!

New York, NY (December 20, 2016) – Michael Bolton to release his 27th album, Songs of Cinema a tribute to beloved songs from the world’s most iconic films on Febuarary 10, 2017 on the Frontiers Music Sri Label.

“I’ve always been a huge fan of the movies, says Bolton.” “I love all the classics from Casablanca to The Wizard of Oz.” Most are familiar with Bolton’s feature in The Lonely Island Emmy-nominated viral video Jack Sparrow, but the ballad version created for this album will be a pleasant surprise.

Bolton has a track record of stepping up to render his own versions of classics, like Grammy-winning hit “When a Man Loves a Woman,” presented here with yet a new interpretation. As a singer, he has a unique passion and gift for exploring new repertoires, from rock and pop to R&B. And as a true artist, he always keeps pushing the boundaries across genres.

Netflix recently announced Bolton’s first special with the network "Michael Bolton’s Big Sexy Valentine’s Day Special" (premiering February 7, 2017) directed by Akiva Schaffer (The Lonely Island) and Scott Aukerman (Comedy Bang! Bang!), follows Michael Bolton as he creates a sexy variety special that serves one very important purpose: to get people in the mood to make love. In the midst of the special’s absurdist adventures, Bolton performs an array of love songs made up of both classic hits and all-new original love-making music. Special guests joining Bolton include Andy Samberg, Casey Wilson, Chris Parnell, Eric Andre, Jorma Taccone, Fred Armisen, Maya Rudolph, Michael Sheen, Randall Park and Sarah Silverman. Michael Bolton’s Big, Sexy Valentine’s Day Special is executive-produced by Michael Bolton, Christina Kline, David Jargowsky, Scott Aukerman and Akiva Schaffer.

Michael Bolton is a multiple Grammy Award-winning Singer, Songwriter and Social Activist, who has sold more than 65 million records worldwide. In recognition of his artistic achievements, Michael won 2 Grammys for Best Pop Male Vocal Performance (nominated four times), 6 American Music Awards, and a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. As a songwriter, he has earned over 24 BMI & ASCAP Awards, including Songwriter of the Year, 9 Million-Air awards, and the Hitmakers Award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame. To date, Michael has had 8 studio albums rank in the Top Ten, with 9 #1 singles.

Track Listing For Songs Of Cinema:
1. When a Man Loves a Woman
from…When a Man Loves a Woman
2. Stand By Me
from… Stand By Me
3. I’ve Got a Woman
from… Ray
4. I Will Always Love You (feat Dolly Parton)
from… The Body Guard
5. Old Time Rock and Roll
from… Risky Business
6. I Heard it Through the Grapevine
from… The Big Chill
7. Cupid
from… Michael Bolton’s Big Sexy Valentine’s Day Special
8. Somewhere Over the Rainbow
from… The Wizard of Oz
9. As Time Goes By
from… Casablanca
10. Jack Sparrow (ballad)

from… The Lonely Island SNL digital video short

I'm not sure if this represents a step up for Frontiers... or a step down for Michael Bolton :D

I agree with Stefan's wording in the thread title. Seriously... how on earth does this happen? On so many levels. I'm confused and will listen to a chainsaw slicing my balls before I listen to this album.

I think Frontiers will snap every artists from the 80s lol, maybe they don't pay nothing advance but a simple royalty sharing that comes with the album sales so really nothing to lose for them except a small CD production and printing cost

• My Little Pony

Last track on the album. One of the greatest music videos EVER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY

Yeah, I'm actually kinda interested in how he's redoing this one.

My favorite reaction to this news so far, from a dude on Facebook:

"Frontiers has lost its edge"

I was like, "...wait, Frontiers had 'edge'?"

It's not like they were a hardcore/thrash label before this signing, for cryin' out loud :rofl2:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...