House Of Lords - Saint Of The Lost Souls

Stefan

I won't call it average as it's definitely above 75% for me, slightly above the last one, but still can't pass the 80% mark

i like 'Hit The Wall', 'The Sun..', 'New Day Breakin' and 'The Other Option', the rest are good and i can live without 'Reign of fire', 'Concussion', and 'Grains of Sand' but not bad by any means.

'The other option' was one of my preferred tracks too, but the limp lyrics leave it with a pretty poor rating from me in the end.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't call it average as it's definitely above 75% for me, slightly above the last one, but still can't pass the 80% mark

i like 'Hit The Wall', 'The Sun..', 'New Day Breakin' and 'The Other Option', the rest are good and i can live without 'Reign of fire', 'Concussion', and 'Grains of Sand' but not bad by any means.

I agree. The ones you like are pretty cool (besides the weaker vocals) and I agree that "Grains Of Sand" and "Concussion" are very average at best. I rated Indestructible 71% and this album got the same score 71%. Like they are treading water these last few discs.

I don't hate this band (much to the chagrin of TheRocker! :lol:

I agree. The ones you like are pretty cool (besides the weaker vocals) and I agree that "Grains Of Sand" and "Concussion" are very average at best. I rated Indestructible 71% and this album got the same score 71%. Like they are treading water these last few discs.

I don't hate this band (much to the chagrin of TheRocker! :lol:

Lol, I knew you liked them!!!

Good album. Only spun a couple of times today, but I think this is already better than the last 2 or 3 albums.

First Spin.

I never thought i'd say it but my favs are the ballads....'Hit The Wall' and 'The Sun will do something or Other'

'New Day Breakin' was pretty good.

The second half though is pretty dreadful lets be honest here. I skipped nearly every one. I thought The Other Option was pretty good until the chorus hit with those banal lyrics. By God just really bad...what was it? I dont mind getting old cos its better than the other option lol. True i guess, but still shite ;)

Also i know im no fan but James Christian....but please please please just stop.

Credit where credits due tho the solos were nearly all great and definitely the best part of most of the songs.

First Spin.

I never thought i'd say it but my favs are the ballads....'Hit The Wall' and 'The Sun will do something or Other'

The second half though is pretty dreadful lets be honest here. I skipped nearly every one. I thought The Other Option was pretty good until the chorus hit with those banal lyrics. By God just really bad...what was it? I dont mind getting old cos its better than the other option lol. True i guess, but still shite ;)

Also i know im no fan but James Christian....but please please please just stop.

Credit where credits due tho the solos were nearly all great and definitely the best part of most of the songs.

Is that you Geoff?? This sounds so Geoff to me. :lol:

First Spin.

Glen has a lot to learn before he can share my correct opinion on everything.

First Spin.

So how close am i to the master on this one then ;)

First Spin.

So how close am i to the master on this one then ;)

Pretty close, actually. Except I don't hate his voice anywhere near as much as you do. And I initially liked 'The Sun will do something or Other' tune too, but not so much on repeated listens. Your other two faves are mine, and we seem to agree on the 'Other Option' song. So you're getting there... but like I said, still a long way to go. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I use it as a four track EP and it's good for that. I love 'Hit the wall.' The best song they've done in an absolute age.

I use it as a four track EP and it's good for that. I love 'Hit the wall.' The best song they've done in an absolute age.

I might just about squeeze an EP out of it.

I still love his voice and their sound. They made many records in little time, this could be a strenght or a weakness , Anyway I think James stood the test of times much better than many other hard rock singers.

I really like Harlequin with Mr. Luppi on the keys.

1. Oceans Divide
2. Hit The Wall
3. New Day Breakin
4. Art Of Letting Go

1. Oceans Divide
2. Hit The Wall
3. New Day Breakin
4. Art Of Letting Go

My 4 favorite for sure, with a coupe others right behind.