Where's everyone buying from these days?

DaHun72

I have Amazon Prime, so the brunt of my new cd purchases are made there, along with EBay and occasionally NEH.

Been getting burned lately by bands on Facebook.

Well that blows, please elaborate even though I assume its a Paypal and no material sent your way. Should start a this band has no ethics thread and bash away though...

Another I have thought of and this store is not all the continental US but they do have a good many locales is Half Priced Books.

My daughter and I had a daddy daughter trek this past weekend where we hit all 8 locations in the greater Seattle area and I hauled in an epic amount of discs very similar to the Terry Gebbia cd scrounges of days gone past.

• 2 weeks later...

Been getting burned lately by bands on Facebook.

Well that blows, please elaborate even though I assume its a Paypal and no material sent your way. Should start a this band has no ethics thread and bash away though...

Yeah,

Bands claim they sent the orders out and me not receiving my orders.

I'm still talking to two of the bands, so I'm holding off on my rant.

• 2 years later...

Discogs , ebay , Musicstack ,Musicmagpie,Dodax or from the artists and labels themselves directly..was using Amazon but they have stiffed me this last couple of purchases so Im going elsewhere from now on.

Edited by lettard

• 1 year later...

Amazon prime, various eBay sellers with strong ratings and buy straight from band's Bandcamp pages too and some independent record labels.

On 10/27/2019 at 12:35 PM, lettard said:

Discogs , ebay , Musicstack ,Musicmagpie,or from the artists and labels themselves directly..was using Amazon but they have stiffed me this last couple of purchases so Im going elsewhere from now on.

Add Bandcamp , AOR Heaven and Replay Records to my list...dunno how I forgot them...never let me down

There two recycle ( second hand ) stores I go to. I usually go to one closer to me. They used get a lot new titles. The titles which my mate sold to gentleman. who sells after one to two weeks after buying. My mate  sells the new one for $35 to him and when sells he gets $2 - 5 per CD.