Bands you wish would make one more album

Gotthardline

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bang Gang

Wow really? That's one record well 2 if you count that Vain Beat The Bullet album that I wish wouldn't have been made.

But opinions are like Camaro's right.

I'd like to see new stuff from these:

Sea Hags

Salty Dog

New American Shame

Teeze/Roughhouse

Saigon Kick

Protein

Heavy Pettin'

Junkyard (even though they are currently trying)

Zodiac Mindwarp

Britney Fox (w Dizzy Dean)

Lion

Triumph

TKO

Perennial

Culprit

The Cherry Poppin' Daddies

Gin Blossoms

Y&T

The Upper Crust

The Supagroup

Gruntruck (obviously can't happen)

Spread Eagle

Hanoi Rocks

Dweezil Zappa (Another Confessions or even the S/T please)

The Best Kissers In The World

Black N Blue

The Marvelous 3

Panic

Jellyfish

Balaam and the Angel

The Angels

Love On Ice

Electric Love Hogs

Hog

Ruth Ruth

The Tories

The Cunninghams (also not happening)

Big Drill Car

Roxx Gang

EZO

Havana Black

Fountains of Wayne

Local H

Mother Love Bone (another no way)

Sir Mix A Lot

Sweet Water

I'm sure more will come but those are a grip that came to me as bands I want more music from.

Haha, jeez mate. For a hater of Bang Gang you sure throw in some WTF!!! moments. You slag Bang Bang and start off your list with Sea Hags and Salty Dog???!!! You crazy bastard. Surely 99% of people here agree they were two of the biggest shit stains on the whole scene? ;)

For the record, I love Bang Gang too but I tried to reply to this thread as realistically as I could, including bands I thought would "still have it" rather than a bunch of shots in the dark. Bands that, like their peers who have tried and failed, would only return to record a clump of crap because their moment has been and gone. If I'd have gone down that route I'd have listed Hotboy in my list, lol, but there's not much point in that. :)

And what on earth do you mean by "that Vain Beat The Bullet album that I wish wouldn't have been made???" You've lost me there, mate. Do you mean 'Vanity Kills?' That pretty questionable collection of demos released about a decade after the debut?

I wish for no new dream theater album

If we did that I wish 99% of musicians would stop making music (and 99% of Terry's list ;) ).

Yeah, definitely. Their top 25 songs would be absolutely excellent. Actually, of every single band I listen to, I was going to make a big compilation of Anberlin to bring up to my brothers' place when we next meet as we always struggle like hell to find some music to put on that at least one of us won't hate. I feel like Anberlin is the type of band that can soothe everyone. One of my brothers already actually kinds digs them. I'd thought of Anberlin and also Monty Are I, funnily enough. Certain crowd pleasers.

did you ever hear a band called Ivoryline ? they put out two excellent albums a few years back that reminded me quite a bit of Monty are I and Anberlin

Yeah, definitely. Their top 25 songs would be absolutely excellent. Actually, of every single band I listen to, I was going to make a big compilation of Anberlin to bring up to my brothers' place when we next meet as we always struggle like hell to find some music to put on that at least one of us won't hate. I feel like Anberlin is the type of band that can soothe everyone. One of my brothers already actually kinds digs them. I'd thought of Anberlin and also Monty Are I, funnily enough. Certain crowd pleasers.

did you ever hear a band called Ivoryline ? they put out two excellent albums a few years back that reminded me quite a bit of Monty are I and Anberlin

Yeah mate, definitely familiar with Ivoryline. At the time I thought they were dead ringers for Anberlin. Do you know Search The City? They were also very, very similar to Anberlin in sound and style. Apart from being a killer album, their debut - 'A Fire So Big the Heavens Can See It' - sounds a lot like Anberlin. To be honest, I forget their 2nd album off the top of my head, as it wasn't as good as the debut. But yeah, anyway, good band.

A couple that come to mind...

Wish Firehouse would hook up with Frontiers and put out one more album. I think these guys could potentially do a fantastic album if they sorta followed the formula the Defiants used with their release.

One other band I'd like another album from is Bad City....The chances of that seem almost zero though since they've disbanded and their singer is in the clink.

I loved see another album by Shake the Faith. But my chances are buckley's and none. Dave too busy been a tv star, Tommy playing in a band called KISS, anyone heard of them ?

And what the chance in seeing a new Richie Blackmore's Rainbow or the Rods or better still another Starz or Angel doing another album ?

Wish Firehouse would hook up with Frontiers and put out one more album. I think these guys could potentially do a fantastic album if they sorta followed the formula the Defiants used with their release.

One other band I'd like another album from is Bad City....The chances of that seem almost zero though since they've disbanded and their singer is in the clink.

That would be amazing, but won't happen.

I think he may be out by now, or soon.

I kinda lumped Bad City in with Warrant with Jani as far as likelihood goes...

Bang Gang

Wow really? That's one record well 2 if you count that Vain Beat The Bullet album that I wish wouldn't have been made.

Sea Hags

Salty Dog

New American Shame

Teeze/Roughhouse

Saigon Kick

Protein

Heavy Pettin'

Zodiac Mindwarp

Lion

Triumph

TKO

Perennial

Culprit

Gin Blossoms

Y&T

The Upper Crust

The Supagroup

Spread Eagle

Hanoi Rocks

Black N Blue

The Marvelous 3

Panic

Jellyfish

Balaam and the Angel

The Angels

Love On Ice

Electric Love Hogs

Hog

Ruth Ruth

The Tories

Big Drill Car

Roxx Gang

EZO

Havana Black

Fountains of Wayne

Local H

Sir Mix A Lot

Sweet Water

I'm sure more will come but those are a grip that came to me as bands I want more music from.

Haha, jeez mate. For a hater of Bang Gang you sure throw in some WTF!!! moments. You slag Bang Bang and start off your list with Sea Hags and Salty Dog???!!! You crazy bastard. Surely 99% of people here agree they were two of the biggest shit stains on the whole scene? ;)

For the record, I love Bang Gang too but I tried to reply to this thread as realistically as I could, including bands I thought would "still have it" rather than a bunch of shots in the dark. Bands that, like their peers who have tried and failed, would only return to record a clump of crap because their moment has been and gone. If I'd have gone down that route I'd have listed Hotboy in my list, lol, but there's not much point in that. :)

And what on earth do you mean by "that Vain Beat The Bullet album that I wish wouldn't have been made???" You've lost me there, mate. Do you mean 'Vanity Kills?' That pretty questionable collection of demos released about a decade after the debut?

Like that Vain record and yes I mean Beat athe Bullet, Bang Gang has never resonated for me. Way overhyped and quite frankly some of the dudes in BG are the biggest of pricks so even if they were as great as they believed themselves to be there are no reasons to be an ass.

And I am quite aware of the dislike of those Salty Hags bands but to me they were spot on and I love what they threw down. Doghouse is still regularly played and is awesome.

A few others that would be nice:

Masi The downtown Dreamers version

Roxy Blue

Damn Yankees (first album more so than the 2nd)

WASP but like the self titled

Joshua Kadison (look him up)

Kings X

I agree with the mention of Icon and SR 71 too.

Guns n' Roses (the original version, rather than the 'Axl and Blokes' tribute act!)

The Outfield (sadly, that ain't gonna happen)

Mercyful Fate

Diamond Head (the Tatler/Harris version, obviously)

Andy Taylor

Celtic Frost (another 'when Hell freezes over' moment)

Everything Andy Taylor has done since the first two albums (one of which was covers, although one of the best cover albums ever) has been average.
Tried the Luke Morley stuff but it was boring.
Almost like he released his pent up hard rock and that was it.

By follow the formula you mean write some good songs ;)

Sea Hags

Salty Dog

New American Shame

Teeze/Roughhouse

Saigon Kick

Protein

Heavy Pettin'

Zodiac Mindwarp

Lion

Triumph

TKO

Perennial

Culprit

Gin Blossoms

Y&T

The Upper Crust

The Supagroup

Spread Eagle

Hanoi Rocks

Black N Blue

The Marvelous 3

Panic

Jellyfish

Balaam and the Angel

The Angels

Love On Ice

Electric Love Hogs

Hog

Ruth Ruth

The Tories

Big Drill Car

Roxx Gang

EZO

Havana Black

Fountains of Wayne

Local H

Sir Mix A Lot

Sweet Water

Like that Vain record and yes I mean Beat athe Bullet, Bang Gang has never resonated for me. Way overhyped and quite frankly some of the dudes in BG are the biggest of pricks so even if they were as great as they believed themselves to be there are no reasons to be an ass.

And I am quite aware of the dislike of those Salty Hags bands but to me they were spot on and I love what they threw down. Doghouse is still regularly played and is awesome.

A few others that would be nice:

Masi The downtown Dreamers version

Roxy Blue

Damn Yankees (first album more so than the 2nd)

WASP but like the self titled

Joshua Kadison (look him up)

Kings X

I agree with the mention of Icon and SR 71 too.

Disliking Bang Gang and Vain, yet liking the rest of that list? You're a unique individual, my good man. ;)

Just heard Joshua Kadison - Beautiful In My Eyes on the radio the other day. Great song.

Used to always think it was Elton John.

Haha. Me too!!! Completely. For the record, I found his albums boring as turd. Three or four good songs across the two of them, and that was it.

By follow the formula you mean write some good songs ;)

LOL...Exactly!

Yeah mate, definitely familiar with Ivoryline. At the time I thought they were dead ringers for Anberlin. Do you know Search The City? They were also very, very similar to Anberlin in sound and style. Apart from being a killer album, their debut - 'A Fire So Big the Heavens Can See It' - sounds a lot like Anberlin. To be honest, I forget their 2nd album off the top of my head, as it wasn't as good as the debut. But yeah, anyway, good band.

yes I love that debut search the city album

I keep trying to find other bands/albums with the same sound as ivoryline and search the city and by extension Anberlin, very few come close to them though

Everything Andy Taylor has done since the first two albums (one of which was covers, although one of the best cover albums ever) has been average.

Tried the Luke Morley stuff but it was boring.

Almost like he released his pent up hard rock and that was it.

If he could reproduce the magic of 'Thunder' ...

Yeah, sometimes these albums come about from songs that have been created, worked on, and sat on for years, just waiting for the right time.

After that, creativity dies off.

Kinda looks like that happened with him.

Looking back, not sure how I ended up buying a Duran Duran members first single.

Was never a fan of DD, but obviously had heard much of their music and didn't hate it. He must have looked metal on th cover.

Back then I'd but music based only on the look of the band...

Whilst I don't mind Ghosts of Graceland I kind of wish that they're legacy finished with Coupe.

Others...

Trouble with Rick Rubin ala Manic Frustration

Kane Roberts with Desmond Child

Kings of the Sun w/both brothers

Candy Harlots

Vain - when is that new album going to drop

Leatherwolf - been playing live, released a live CD, where's some new tunes?

TSO - where's The Romanovs FFS?

Damn Yankees

Shotgun Messiah

Spread Eagle

Whilst I don't mind Ghosts of Graceland I kind of wish that they're legacy finished with Coupe.

Harsh. That's one hard way to look at it, but another way to look at it is that in the Treat discography, this album is evidently far better than 'Scratch & Bite,' 'Pleasure Principle' and s/t. If you didn't include 'Muscle In Motion' in their discography (and I do) that'd mean the new album, in my opinion, is right in the middle - 4th from 7 albums. Not bad at all. Considering the quality of said discography.

I personally hope there are more to come.

I also hope there's more but Ghost is so plodding and I find it starts badly. Not that the songs are bad, just slow with no real build or highlights. Compare it to the start of Coupe as well as overall. Not in the same league.

Maybe it's expectations after Coupe, not sure, but they won't be as high if they release another.

I also hope there's more but Ghost is so plodding and I find it starts badly. Not that the songs are bad, just slow with no real build or highlights. Compare it to the start of Coupe as well as overall. Not in the same league.

Maybe it's expectations after Coupe, not sure, but they won't be as high if they release another.

There is no surpassing COG imo, but there are some decent/good songs on GOG.