New Place Vendome album finished - Release for 2017

mrbandwidth

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, it's just crap.

My God, it is. :pc:

(Well to be honest, I would say it's quite 'weird' instead of 'crap', but definitively not good at all).

Why, Kiske, why? :blink:

Oh dear. I don't think I'm even going to bother listening to it. All 3 songs have been very poor, with banal lyrics, and Kiske sounds pissed most of the time.

His voice was always an acquired taste but I'm sure he's gotten worse..........a lot worse.

:(

The guys involved do projects like this, but I don't know why they're recording these songs under the banner of Place Vendome. I thought the point of this project was always to be a melodic rock outlet for the guys involved. What happened?

The guys involved do projects like this, but I don't know why they're recording these songs under the banner of Place Vendome. I thought the point of this project was always to be a melodic rock outlet for the guys involved. What happened?

Damn good question. I think the album artwork of this new record reflects the overall feel; dark and less melodic.

I'm not sure what to think of "Hereafter". It just doesn't flow at all where as Cross the Line has amazing flow

It's a good possibility Kiske is losing his vocal range and Dennis realized this upon receiving first samples

Ultimately, the s/t will be their best album. I'm going to check this out when it lands (pun intended) but don't have the highest hopes

• 3 weeks later...

Another great song unleashed to the waiting crowd... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP8sc68kG2Y

In fairness its the best song so far but i still dont like it much....and Kiske just sounds weird. Have never really warmed to his vocals

Another great song unleashed to the waiting crowd... :)

In fairness its the best song so far but i still dont like it much....and Kiske just sounds weird. Have never really warmed to his vocals

Ha, the whole Helloween reunion thingie will be a huge circus!

Listened to the full album once... And enough. This one never happened. :jail:

Sure thing it's their lowest rated album, but actually not that bad, maybe worth around 77-81%, i'm still willing to give it around 80% based on a single spin

• 2 weeks later...

Heard this today and not quite sure what to think of it. Funnily enough, the two things I liked least about it were Kiske's voice and the production, which I thought was way off the usual Dennis Ward mark. It all sounds okay with the volume high, but a bit flat and muffled otherwise.

Anyway, that aside, there are some very strong musical tracks here. Some good stuff, but jeez Kiske's voice ruins a few of them. As Glen says a few posts back, he just sounds weird on some of the songs, and does a really strange delivery here and there... completely taking away from what I would understand and believe the intended melody for the songs was originally meant to be.

And let's face it. Song-wise, there is nothing here that resembles the band that recorded songs like 'Scene in reply' or the like. The choruses are flat, no backing vocals of any note, and no real effort, imo, to elevate these songs into anything remarkable. It's overall an okay album, but it doesn't really sound like anyone's heart is really in this thing.