For me Miss Me is the best song on the CD, along with Stay With Me

Other great tunes are

Tequila Symphony No 5

Everything Inside

Beautiful

Not fooling Anyone

Reason For This

Only Love Is Real

The first couple are average, then I don't skip until the end of the record, with the last few - tracks 13, 14 and 15 also being average.

Still a great hit/miss ratio if you ask me.

One of my kids so far isn't sold on it as she was expecting rockier heavier stuff.

I admit that it is on the softer side, but I don't mind that at all.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a 20 track cdr of my favorites from the Nic era. That's all I need! :)

Jeez you're generous to these guys. ;) I don't think I could make an EP. Heard this new one today, and I skipped through most of it from about song 3 or 4 onwards. Sadly, the band just means absolutely nothing to me at all. Cann't hold my interest for a moment. I think there was a tune called 'Miss me' which I thought had a good chorus hook, but it was so disjointed otherwise. To me it's just a really bland hard rock album.

That was my thought.........I've not heard Silver yet, but 20 songs from the new set up??! I reckon I could pick 2 from Bang and another couple maybe from Firebirth which hold up to Lee era Gotthard........

I'm with AlphaMale here. I could easily make a CD of great post Steve tracks.

Mine would be

FIREBIRTH

Starlight

Give Me Real

Remember It's Me

Yippie Aye Yay

Tell Me

Shine

BANG

Bang!

Feel What I Feel

C'est La Vie

My Belief

Maybe

What You Get

SILVER

Stay With Me

Beautiful

Everything Inside

Reason For This

Not Fooling Anyone

Miss Me

Tequila Symphony No.5

Only Love is Real

My Oh My

Okay, you've forced me into it. If I made a compilation of the last 3 albums it'd be this:

Firebirth;

Remember It's Me

The Story's Over

Bang;

Feel What I Feel

Jump The Gun

My Belief

Silver;

Stay With Me

Miss Me

Seven tracks! That's not too bad, is it? And please keep in mind, we're talking about a 77% type EP, but listenable at least.

For the record, I've thrown a 54% on 'Silver' and never plan to hear it again.

Okay, you've forced me into it. If I made a compilation of the last 3 albums it'd be this:

Firebirth;

Remember It's Me

The Story's Over

Bang;

Feel What I Feel

Jump The Gun

My Belief

Silver;

Stay With Me

Miss Me

Seven tracks! That's not too bad, is it? And please keep in mind, we're talking about a 77% type EP, but listenable at least.

haha

Good on ya for having a go.

You got the best 2 songs off Silver.

Feel What I Feel would be the best song they've done on the last 3 albums IMO.

What I'd say about Silver is that I can see why many aren't massive fans.

Hopefully the 2 tracks you think are decent will get a run on a compilation you make sometime.

Firebirth;

Remember It's Me

The Story's Over

Bang;

Feel What I Feel

Jump The Gun

My Belief

Silver;

Stay With Me

Miss Me

Hopefully the 2 tracks you think are decent will get a run on a compilation you make sometime.

So far they are the only two songs in my best of 2017 playlist.

Firebirth;

Remember It's Me

The Story's Over

Bang;

Feel What I Feel

Jump The Gun

My Belief

Silver;

Stay With Me

Miss Me

haha

Good on ya for having a go.

You got the best 2 songs off Silver.

Feel What I Feel would be the best song they've done on the last 3 albums IMO.

What I'd say about Silver is that I can see why many aren't massive fans.

Agree on Feel What I Feel. Would have fit in nicely on Lipservice

Was listing to some Steve stuff today.

It all started way rawer production wise, and Steve's voice was quite a bit less rounded.

Gradually they became more produced, which isn't a bad thing, probably about right.

Once Nic came in, the sound did get a lot softer, with more ballads and less hard rock. Right now I'd say they are overproduced, but it seems to fit the style of softer music (ie: if they were still doing the harder edged songs, they would sound pretty crappy with the current production.

So for me, that is how the band changed between singers, and from Firebirth to Silver they have got 'pussier' each album which again I don't mind, but I'm sure that's the main complaint from many others.

Being pussier or having more ballads is not the issue. The songs are crap, the ballads are not as good as the ones Steve sung on. The band needs a kick up the ass songwriting wise and are in a slump. There's definitely nothing wrong with the vocals, musicianship or production....Just the songs!

Well, there's your opinion.

Mine is different. I like the songs.

I like the ballads better than Steve's.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the production, but it certainly isn't as raw as anything before it.

Early Gotthard was raw but the production on the likes of Homerun, Lipservice etc is ace.

I think what people are saying is barely a song on Bang would have made Lipservice.

Thats the quality people expect from Gotthard....and sadly its missing now

Being pussier or having more ballads is not the issue. The songs are crap, the ballads are not as good as the ones Steve sung on. The band needs a kick up the ass songwriting wise and are in a slump. There's definitely nothing wrong with the vocals, musicianship or production....Just the songs!

What he said!

That's cool. Happy to be in the minority.

I wonder if I'll dislike Jack's Great White, because it seems if I like it I'll be in the minority there as well :)

I like about half the songs on the Great White. I am a big GW/Jack fan(could it have been better, yes much)but I find people are being way too harsh.

So I took another listen to some earlier Gotthard, and I will now retract parts of my comments.

The songs were better across the board, and I do prefer that style of music.

I still really like Silver, but it is pretty AOR compared to the earlier stuff.

Yeah 100% agree with the guys plain and simply saying their songs are crap these days, imo. That has only ever been the issue as far as I'm concerned. Jeezus wept, you can't get a softer album than 'Open,' with Steve Lee on vocals.

Whether they "rock" or not means nothing to me, as long as the songs are good. But to me, their song writing has been terrible since Steve Lee's untimely death.

Yeah 100% agree with the guys plain and simply saying their songs are crap these days, imo. That has only ever been the issue as far as I'm concerned. Jeezus wept, you can't get a softer album than 'Open,' with Steve Lee on vocals.

Whether they "rock" or not means nothing to me, as long as the songs are good. But to me, their song writing has been terrible since Steve Lee's untimely death.

I've been listening to their back catalog lately and they definitely go through hard and soft periods. Open, Homerun and Human Zoo have a ton of ballads and most are excellent.

One play through and out.... I had hopes for this but it bored the ever living shit out of me. Gotthard used to be a guitar driven riffing machine. Now they are rather bland. They need to get back to the first 3 albums' sound and energy as well as formula. 7 rockers, 2 mid tempo and maybe 2 ballads

One play through and out.... I had hopes for this but it bored the ever living shit out of me. Gotthard used to be a guitar driven riffing machine. Now they are rather bland. They need to get back to the first 3 albums' sound and energy as well as formula. 7 rockers, 2 mid tempo and maybe 2 ballads

No good if the 7 rockers, 2 mid tempo and 2 ballads all suck. ;)

My wish would just be 10 good songs, whatever tempo they want. Just not the tempo of suck, which seems to be what they concentrate on at the moment.

I would have to agree that out of the last 3 albums, not a single song on any of them touches Lipservice.

OMG not even close. That is a standard that will never be match by this band EVER.