Steelheart - Through Worlds Of Stardust

Stefan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the thumbnail pic for this video, dude looks like he's having a rough time on the can. ARRRGH! MILENKO NEED FIBER!

Yeah, that's all I got. I'll show myself out.

• My Little Pony

Mili please, please go back and listen to your first two albums -- hell, even half of your third album. That's what we want.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I don't particularly mind the third track but yeah, that and the other two are a far cry from vintage Steelheart.

I don't quite understand it. He knows what the current music climate is and a classic sounding Steelheart album would have been more than well received by the very demographic he's targeting. I think it's an ego thing, i dunno.

Having said that, as an album on it's own merits it's sounding okay. It's just not Steelheart.

Maybe he should have started a new project.

Maybe he can't write any decent songs anymore. :whistle:

Then get someone else to write them.
That's exactly what I was thinking, but then again it's that ego thing. He's an "artist".

To be honest I was never a massive Steelheart fan. Always thought he oversang

• 2023 Gold Donors

Absolutely he oversang on certain tracks.

Exhibit A -

But, it was a perfect fit with the music.

Tangled in reins is right up there for me as one the greatest albums in the genre with the debut not too far behind.

I was lucky enough to be around when it was released and this one blew our minds!

• 2 weeks later...

Still a nail in the coffin of long haired rockers :(

I quite like that.

My comment was for his hair. First time I've met him like this (in Athens) it was like a cultural shock!

The track is ok for my likes, but I prefer him doing rifforama/vocal gymnastics stuff like my favorite from them "Can't Stop Me Loving You"

• 1 month later...

I've listened to this album 4 or 5 times now and I like it.

I admit I had high expectations based on the first 2 songs and when I heard the full album I was underwhelmed.

But I listened more and I like most tracks a lot.

Normally I'm a ballad fan, but a couple on this album are pretty average for me. <Maybe they are really slow growers.
But then I though the same for I Still Love You by Kiss and I still hate that song, so I guess some songs just don't do it for me when they do for others.

I find it interesting that most here have called HEAT's new album average and then come back after further listens and liked it.
Seems that luxury isn't afforded all bands.

Regardless, the fisrt two songs released are the standouts for me - killer songs.

I think this album is nearing on dreadful. 'Lips of rain' is the only song I will listen to again. Most of the rest is just shit. The first four songs are so incredibly bad I was actually wondering it it was seriously happening. From 'You got me twisted' the album hovers around the 6/10 to 7/10 mark, but the damage is already song. I don't know why he thinks this type of music is where he needs to be right now. I guess if that's where his heart lies, good luck to him, but he's lost me.