Steelheart - Through Worlds Of Stardust

Stefan

ho hum :( sounds nothing like Steelheart that we'd have wanted to hear..ah well fingers crossed on the new Babylon A.D for me now then for my 80's band comeback etc

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been a big Steelheart fan

I'll Never Let You Go is an amazing song.

Everybody Loves Eileen is great.

A few others, but as a whole, not a band that I found myself coming back to often.

I really like this new song - a lot.

They've got the drums and bass just right for that deep 'reverb in your chest' sound that you generally only get at concerts

I wouldn't be putting my eggs in the Babylon AD basket.

Listen to American Blitzkrieg and then try Derek Davis' Revolutionary Soul from last year and I think if the new BAD is anything like the first 2 albums it will be pretty surprising.

Pass.

I bought their last one "Good 2B Alive" at a Goodwill thrift shop about a year ago. Let's just say I should've left it there. Bleah!

Sounds like a modern rock band's filler, hm not gonna be good this one :(

Not to me at all.

I came back to this thread to listen to it again.

If this turns out to be filler, the album is gonna be amazing :)

The debut is one of my all time favourite albums, this new stuff stinks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mike is the only original member, right?

What are the other original members doing nowadays? I mean what's the story there? Is it a Slash/Axl, Bach/Bolan or Tramp/Bratta kinda thing, what did I miss?

The debut is one of my all time favourite albums, this new stuff stinks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mike is the only original member, right?

What are the other original members doing nowadays? I mean what's the story there? Is it a Slash/Axl, Bach/Bolan or Tramp/Bratta kinda thing, what did I miss?

I know that after his accident in 1992 the band returned to New York and that was basically it. Whether he got in touch with the rest of the band or not when trying to get the band up and running again I don't know. Maybe he did ask and the other members had other responsibilities now (job, family) or he didn't ask them in hopes of getting hired guns that wouldn't make as much money as a ''full'' or original band member

I think anything is possible

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind either of those songs, but the second is better. Solid stuff. Holy shit @ how different he looks these days.

I don't mind either of those songs, but the second is better. Solid stuff. Holy shit @ how different he looks these days.

He doesn't look THAT different, just a little older and short hair. He looks like a mix between Paul Shortino and Joe Pesci kind of :D

Not crazy about either of the songs released so far, sonically, structurally, vocally

• 3 weeks later...

I think both songs suck.

WOW

Interesting how people can have such different opinions on songs.

I love them both, particularly the second one.

The second isn't a BAD song per se; you just need to get the name "Steelheart" and what it connotates in the classic sense out of your brain before you listen.

Yeah, the 2nd song isn't horrible but I agree with Dan...... remove Steelheart from your noggin before you listen.