Bobby Kimball - We're Not In Kansas Anymore

Stefan

From melodicrock.com:

Former Toto vocalist BOBBY KIMBALL is finally set to release his new solo album 'We're Not In Kansas Anymore' in Japan on November 9.
In Bobby's own words: "To all of my Friends. I wanted to let you all know that my Solo CD is going to be released in Japan on November 6th. I can't wait for you to hear this CD. When I listen to it, I like it so very much. It was totally fun to record it, and the Mastering job is going so well. I hope you will like this CD too, so I wish you all the very best life you can possibly live.......Bobby"
The Japanese (translated) description of the record reads: "...songs in the long-awaited solo representative of the United States with a large number of mega-hit work AOR, Rock, funk, a delicious part of the musical elements well-balanced injection, such as soul, the exquisite arrangements alms was just TOTO the inspired and exhilarating rock sound is packed !! rhythm to be of King records "bass label" the most important artist "Brian Buronbagu" (B, D), just amazing arm, such as Joel Taylor (D). In addition, keyboard / piano Mitchell Foreman (ex-John McLaughlin), Derek Sherinian (ex-Dream Theater, Alice Cooper, Yngwie Malmsteen), such as talented popular and musicians to participate all together gorgeous itself !! Japanese Edition pre-release."

www.bobbykimball.com

002375_621acdd77afa4ad2a0e6799650020d44-

Tracklisting:

Too Far Behind (3:36)

( J. Zaika / D. Barnett / B. Kimball )

Bobby Kimball - Lead Vocals. Dave Barnett - Lead & Background Vocals, Guitars. Derek Sherinian - Piano, B3, Clav & Synths. Brian Bromberg - Bass. Adam Schwem - Lead Guitar. Joel Taylor - Drums. John Zaika - Keyboards.

On My Feet (3:46)

Bobby Kimball - Lead Vocals. Dave Barnett - Guitars & Background Vocals. Mitchel Forman - Piano & B3.

Brian Bromberg - Bass. Joel Taylor - Drums. John Zaika - Keyboards. Horn Section: Thomas Ebby - Trumpet.

David Butler - Trombone. Jim Foster - Trumpet. Willie Roy - Trumpet.

Hey It's Me (2:50)

Bobby Kimball - Lead Vocals. Tony Wilcox - Background Vocals. Dave Barnett - Guitars, Keyboard's, Lead &

Background Vocals. Adam Schwem - Lead Guitar. Brian Bromberg - Bass. Joel Taylor - Drums. John Zaika - Keyboards.

One Day (3:57)

Bobby Kimball - Lead Vocals. Jonny Zywiciel - Lead Vocals. Tony Wilcox - Background Vocals. Dave Barnett - Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Background Vocals. Tom McCauley - Acoustic Guitar. Joel Taylor - Drums. John Zaika - Piano, Keyboards.

Flatline (3:26)

Bobby Kimball - Lead Vocals. Dave Barnett - Rhythm, Lead Guitar's & Background Vocals.

David DeShazo - Bass. Arnie Vilches - Outro Guitar Solo & Background Vocals. Claire Wilcox - Background Vocals. Addison Kelley - Background Vocals, Joel Taylor - Drums. John Zaika - Keyboards.

Met Her For (2:53)

( D. Barnett / B. Kimball / J. Zaika )

Bobby Kimball & Dave Barnett – Lead Vocals. Dave Barnett - Guitars, Keyboards & Background Vocals.

David DeShazo - Bass. Joel - Taylor Drums.

Hold On (2:45)

Bobby Kimball - Lead Vocals. Micah Blalock - Background Vocals. Dave Barnett - Guitars, Background

Vocals. Steve Fawcett - Piano. Mitchel Forman - B3 organ. Dwayne Heggar - Bass. Joel Taylor - Drums.

Scam (4:42)

Bobby Kimball - Lead Vocals. Tony Wilcox - Background Vocals. Dave Barnett - Background Vocals & Guitars. Adam Schwem - Lead Guitar. Brian Bromberg - Bass. Joel Taylor - Drums. John Zaika - Keyboards & Synthesizers.

You'll Be With Me (4:18)

( J. Zaika / B. Kimball / D. Barnett )

.Bobby Kimball - Lead Vocals. Dexter Espinoza - Background Vocals. Dave Barnett - Guitars & Background Vocals. Mitchel Forman - Piano. Brian Bromberg - Bass & Drums. John Zaika - Keyboards.

Some They Do (3:30)

Bobby Kimball - Lead Vocals. Dave Barnett - Guitars & Background Vocals, Keys. Nate Robinson - Bass.

John Zaika - Keyboards. Joel Taylor - Drums. Horn Section: Jim Foster - Trumpet, David Butler - Trombone,

Willie Roy - Trumpet. Carl Lundgren - Trombone. Jim Foster - Trumpet Solo.

You're Not Alone (3:18)

Bobby Kimball - Lead Vocals. Tony Wilcox - Lead Vocals. Dave Barnett - Guitars, Orchestral Arrangement, Keyboards, Background Vocals. Mitchel Forman - Piano. Sarah O'Brien - Cello. Tom McCauley - Acoustic Guitar. Brian Bromberg - Bass. Joel Taylor - Drums. John Zaika - Keyboards.

Your Love Is Here To Stay* (4:01)

*(Bonus Track for Japan only)

( J. Zaika / B. Kimball )

Bobby Kimball - Lead & Background Vocals. Tony Wilcox - Lead & Background Vocals. Mitchel Forman - Piano & Keyboards. Mike Miller - Acoustic & Electric Guitars. Bob Glaub - Bass. Joel Taylor - Drums. Recording Engineer: Paul Erickson.

Should say "To All my Japanese Friends''.....what about the rest of us?? :whistle:

Don't worry, mate, if those songs are what he inflicts onto his friends I would absolutely fucking hate to be an enemy. They are possibly the worst songs I have heard in 2016. Just dreadful.

Should say "To All my Japanese Friends''.....what about the rest of us?? :whistle:

Don't worry, mate, if those songs are what he inflicts onto his friends I would absolutely fucking hate to be an enemy. They are possibly the worst songs I have heard in 2016. Just dreadful.

Did you not hear those Bon Jovi tracks?

Did you not hear those Bon Jovi tracks?

Haha, certainly did. They're not great... these, however, are absolutely horrific.

• 2 weeks later...

Believe it or not, the German release is available through AOR Heaven right now.

I'm gonna give this a good check out before I do anything, as this guys output and voice especially has been going downhill rapidly since the excellent 'Mindfields' record he did with Toto. I hate to say that, as he used to be one of my favourite vocalists, but what I have heard so far, I may well have to leave this alone

• 4 weeks later...

As suspected...a bit of a disappointment for me. Sound/style wise, this is all there, plus he's assembled a killer band to record with and his vocals sound quite good too. Unfortunately all this adds up to nothing if the songs aren't there and bar a couple of goodish tracks, this is seriously lacking in the song department. In this day and age unfortunately this falls way way short

• My Little Pony

As suspected...a bit of a disappointment for me. Sound/style wise, this is all there, plus he's assembled a killer band to record with and his vocals sound quite good too. Unfortunately all this adds up to nothing if the songs aren't there and bar a couple of goodish tracks, this is seriously lacking in the song department. In this day and age unfortunately this falls way way short

That's upsetting.