Steel Panther - Lower the Bar

All Nights Reserved

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with STEEL PANTHER is actually because they're doing really well with their career, in fact, one of the most successful bands of this new era. And with success, comes huge stack of cash and an endless dates of concert and the only way to really write songs are on tour bus and hotel rooms.

Back in the days, Bon Jovi, Poison, etc will have no problem of doin' this, they can write some killers while on tour, but remember they're still in their mid 20s back then, hungry and full of energy, while Steel Panther is a veteran musician in their mid 40s and with those exhausting dates and party maybe, most of the times they need the rest so no way they can write properly :D

This is my early view that after the great and creative first two albums, they're on a downward path because ironically they're gaining more fame and fortune now.

The fourth one is clearly the weakest and i think it's hard to bounce back again to the first two. I like 'Goin in The Back Door', 'Anything Goes', 'I Got What You Want', and 'Poontang Boomerang', but sadly all of em can't even hit 9.0 mark, and the rest are mostly filler materials, especially songs like 'Now The Fun Starts' which ain't fun at all, or 'Pussy Ain't Free' well well i don't mind payin' but cmon gimme the good stuff :D

a 70% mark sounds reasonable for this one

Is the new album on Spotify? Can anyone who uses it tell me?

Yes. Not the bonus tracks tho.

Great, going to a barbecue / party at my friends' place tomorrow and these guys have an iPad loaded with Spotify they can hook up to some speakers. In that case we'll mix some of the new songs with mandatory staples such as ''Turn Out The Lights'' and ''Girl From Oklahoma'' :D

Great, going to a barbecue / party at my friends' place tomorrow and these guys have an iPad loaded with Spotify they can hook up to some speakers. In that case we'll mix some of the new songs with mandatory staples such as ''Turn Out The Lights'' and ''Girl From Oklahoma'' :D

And 'I Want Your Tits' of course ;)

Hopefully no kids at this BBQ! Lol

Hopefully no kids at this BBQ! Lol

No, but 2 chicks showed up. You can imagine their surprise..... HAHAHAHA

One of them was really feeling ''Girl From Oklahoma'' right up until the chorus.......

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow. Story of my life.

Hopefully I'll end up in a pool with some tattooed hotties.

For the record, I'd prefer his ex to all three with tatts at once. She's quality. The ones in the tub are a bit scrappy to be honest.

Probably my favourite chorus on the album. In contrast, I am not a fan of the verse lyrics.

Not a massive fan of this song - they seem to have lost that funny angle they had on previous albums.....this is just too obvious and straightforward.

I miss the stuff like Tiger Woods, Gold Digging Whore and Bukkake Tears

I've been spinning this one regularly. Some pretty harsh reviews in this thread but I'm loving it. It may not match their three previous albums but there are some killer tunes on this one that I like better than some of their older stuff.

I Got What You Want is my least favorite but that banter at the end of the song turns it into a must listen spin every time out. Hilarious! Lyrically I think Pussy Ain't Free, Walk of Shame and Wrong Side of the Tracks are clever enough. Pussy is probably my favorite song on Lower the Bar next to the electric remix of That's When You Came In which is a monster hit and one of my all time SP faves. Poontang Boomerang is a catchy fun track and goes over great live. I think musically this album is quite diverse and I can say I like every song with She's Tight being the only one I would skip over on a regular basis.

Just my opinion, but I think those of you who have written off this one, should give it a few more spins. It's definitely a grower. I really can't see anyone who liked their first three cds not liking this one after repeated spins.

I've been spinning this one regularly. Some pretty harsh reviews in this thread but I'm loving it. It may not match their three previous albums but there are some killer tunes on this one that I like better than some of their older stuff.

I Got What You Want is my least favorite but that banter at the end of the song turns it into a must listen spin every time out. Hilarious! Lyrically I think Pussy Ain't Free, Walk of Shame and Wrong Side of the Tracks are clever enough. Pussy is probably my favorite song on Lower the Bar next to the electric remix of That's When You Came In which is a monster hit and one of my all time SP faves. Poontang Boomerang is a catchy fun track and goes over great live. I think musically this album is quite diverse and I can say I like every song with She's Tight being the only one I would skip over on a regular basis.

Just my opinion, but I think those of you who have written off this one, should give it a few more spins. It's definitely a grower. I really can't see anyone who liked their first three cds not liking this one after repeated spins.

Maybe you're right. After repeated spins anything can be a grower. That's how the media works actually. ;)

Maybe you're right. After repeated spins anything can be a grower. That's how the media works actually. ;)

I'm envisioning that scene from A Clockwork Orange... "pry open his eyelids and force him to watch Steel Panther videos on loop until he either loves them or goes insane!"

• 5 years later...
10 hours ago, Glen said:

this ^^^^ 😉

Correct. Now The Fun Starts is terrible. Pussy Ain't Free is okay, Wasted Too Much Time is good, I Got What U Want sucks, Walk Of Shame sucks. The two bonus tracks should have replaced 2 of those turds. Red Headed Stepchild and Momentary Epiphany.

Edited by AlphaMale

• 3 weeks later...