FM - Indiscreet 30

Stefan

On the subject of fillers, there's a few songs on the debut I don't think are THAT great. A lot of people would probably disagree but songs like ''American Girls'' don't do much for me and to be honest never cared much for ''Frozen Heart'' either. So if you only have 9 songs on an album and 2 or 3 (or more) of those aren't that great really hurts the quality of the album I think

One of the many reasons I prefer the second album to the first

Jeez, 'Does it feel like love' and 'American girls' are two of my favourite songs on each album. Well, actually, 'American girls' is my actual favourite song on the debut.

Jeez, 'Does it feel like love' and 'American girls' are two of my favourite songs on each album. Well, actually, 'American girls' is my actual favourite song on the debut.

Well, you see.... that's exactly what I meant when I said a lot of people will probably disagree. That's what's great and interesting about it, even if two people like the same track it might be for completely different reasons. But if I wanted to convince someone that FM's a great band I'd never pick those tracks to show them :D

On the subject of fillers, there's a few songs on the debut I don't think are THAT great. A lot of people would probably disagree but songs like ''American Girls'' don't do much for me and to be honest never cared much for ''Frozen Heart'' either. So if you only have 9 songs on an album and 2 or 3 (or more) of those aren't that great really hurts the quality of the album I think

While we are at it, could you decipher, plz, the melisma from Dangerous' chorus?

While we are at it, could you decipher, plz, the melisma from Dangerous' chorus?

Gotta be honest... I've never heard that track :D I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread and though I should check it out. Also what's a melisma?

After careful consideration and repeated listens I've come to the following conclusion: I'd say the weakest track on Tough It Out is ''Does It Feel Like Love''. It's not bad by any means but I can't find anything I'd consider ''special'' about it.

Every other track has something (or multiple things) I really like whether it's the cool, typically 80s vibe of the verses in ''Obsession'' (you know, something you could totally hear in a movie like ''The Secret of my Success'' LOL) or the absolutely badass solo in ''Feels So Good'' that keeps those tracks from being considered ''fillers'' by me

well I can gladly give 'Does It Feel Like Love' a perfect 10/10 but I understand when you say there's nothing special about it, probably a very ordinary safe arrangement that's found regularly on radio like thousand other songs but maybe that's the idea of being an AOR band right, write something that fits perfectly to be played on the radio ? :D

Anyway, maybe on the debut, we all can agree to one thing that 'The Dream That Died' is definitely superb!

and on their debut, 'American Girls' is clearly the perfect one :)

well I can gladly give 'Does It Feel Like Love' a perfect 10/10 but I understand when you say there's nothing special about it, probably a very ordinary safe arrangement that's found regularly on radio like thousand other songs but maybe that's the idea of being an AOR band right, write something that fits perfectly to be played on the radio ? :D

Anyway, maybe on the debut, we all can agree to one thing that 'The Dream That Died' is definitely superb!

''The Dream That Died'' definitely is great. Not sure if it belongs here, but the other day I was asking myself what the lyrics are supposed to mean. He starts off by saying he was playing games, but apparently still isn't too happy that she's moved on. Does anyone have any thoughts?

We'll I've been looking back

On all the things we had

I was playing games

I thought you understood

You never let it show

You didn't give a sing

You just closed the door

I never thought you would.

Everytime I turn out the light

You're here beside me

It's not me you're with tonight... tell me why

Well in summary i love just about every song on Indescreet and Tough It Out but after that i lost interest.

My fav song on Tough It Out is probably Bad Luck - thats killer

On a side note my 3rd fav FM album is the Wildlife album :)

Gotta be honest... I've never heard that track :D I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread and though I should check it out. Also what's a melisma?

A fancy way to ask about the lyrics of the chorus (and to disguise my incompetence in deciphering them). I guess papa Glen is way too busy in providing a helping hand.

After careful consideration and repeated listens I've come to the following conclusion: I'd say the weakest track on Tough It Out is ''Does It Feel Like Love''. It's not bad by any means but I can't find anything I'd consider ''special'' about it.

Every other track has something (or multiple things) I really like whether it's the cool, typically 80s vibe of the verses in ''Obsession'' (you know, something you could totally hear in a movie like ''The Secret of my Success'' LOL) or the absolutely badass solo in ''Feels So Good'' that keeps those tracks from being considered ''fillers'' by me

I can only say that "American Girls" is in a list I made through list.ly which includes my favorite GIRL-something tracks.

''The Dream That Died'' definitely is great. Not sure if it belongs here, but the other day I was asking myself what the lyrics are supposed to mean. He starts off by saying he was playing games, but apparently still isn't too happy that she's moved on. Does anyone have any thoughts?

On all the things we had

I was playing games

I thought you understood

You never let it show

You didn't give a sing

You just closed the door

You're here beside me

I guess it means that he had a woman, but whilst on the road he openly dipped his schlong in anything he could, anytime he could. And he assumed that she understood and was totally cool with the fact that her man loved schlonging other girls on the road.

He was very comfortable that she was basically his doormat and never thought she'd leave him. But then one night she'd had enough of his schlong weilding ways and decided to find a long hard schlong from another dude to enter her. And that's why he's confused.

I guess it means that he had a woman, but whilst on the road he openly dipped his schlong in anything he could, anytime he could. And he assumed that she understood and was totally cool with the fact that her man loved schlonging other girls on the road.

He was very comfortable that she was basically his doormat and never thought she'd leave him. But then one night she'd had enough of his schlong weilding ways and decided to find a long hard schlong from another dude to enter her. And that's why he's confused.

Haha, makes perfect sense

Haha, makes perfect sense

I never thought Steve had it in him ;)

On all the things we had

I was playing games

I thought you understood

You never let it show

You didn't give a sing

You just closed the door

You're here beside me

Did you find what "Dangerous" lyrics are supposed to mean?

Haven't looked at the lyrics in detail yet. Actually I found multiple versions I think a demo, live versions and one from BBC sessions. Which one do you consider to be THE ultimate version and could you post a link if it's on youtube?

Haven't looked at the lyrics in detail yet. Actually I found multiple versions I think a demo, live versions and one from BBC sessions. Which one do you consider to be THE ultimate version and could you post a link if it's on youtube?

:wub::wub::wub:

Holy cow............ :yikes: haunting, mesmerizing. I'm speechless

Holy cow............ :yikes: haunting, mesmerizing. I'm speechless

I'm still trying to figure, beside the lyrics, how on Earth did they find my recorded cardiogram :yikes:

I'm still trying to figure, beside the lyrics, how on Earth did they find my recorded cardiogram :yikes:

Here you go brother, been going back and forth between 3 different versions but I've finally figured out the lyrics:

I heard the stories, ''danger'' they said

Take a man and leave him for dead

Cold blooded with a heart of stone

In the shadows of love you ruled supreme

I'm just another man with a broken dream

Cold blooded, left me all alone

What am I supposed to do

It ain't so easy to forget about you

They're all saying let it be

They don't know what she does to me

Your love is dangerous, a cruel cruel heart's gonna be the death of me

Dangerous, calle me a doctor, emergency

Dangerous, you gotta give me a shot of your dangerous love

I knew you'd done it to a friend of mine

I thought that maybe you'd change with time

Mean streak has cut too deep

You thought that I was just another fool

Thought that I could make you change the rules but

Tried to heal the wounds of time (could also be wounds WITH time)

Every trick in the book to make you change your mind

Fell on your lies, your ego has grown

Now I'm left with scars of my own

Here you go brother, been going back and forth between 3 different versions but I've finally figured out the lyrics:

I heard the stories, ''danger'' they said

Take a man and leave him for dead

Cold blooded with a heart of stone

In the shadows of love you ruled supreme

I'm just another man with a broken dream

Cold blooded, left me all alone

What am I supposed to do

It ain't so easy to forget about you

They're all saying let it be

They don't know what she does to me

I knew you'd done it to a friend of mine

I thought that maybe you'd change with time

You thought that I was just another fool

Thought that I could make you change the rules but

Tried to heal the wounds of time (could also be wounds WITH time)

Every trick in the book to make you change your mind

Fell on your lies, your ego has grown

Now I'm left with scars of my own

Thanx, brother from another mother! Imagine how it is to live everyday those lyrics (and the ones from Shy's emergency). And then to find out, just when ready to pay 25-27 euro, for the Jap. version that it wasn't re-recorded! :yikes:

I'm enjoying this one. I guess I'd also have to agree the originals are still the best, but there's certainly nothing wrong with the new recordings. All sounds well in tact. The bonus tracks are good too. 'Let love be the leader' fits in especially perfect with this group of songs. 'Rainbow's end' and 'Shot in the dark' are a bit tame, but the rest is great. I know 'Let love be the leader' is an old song, but what is the vintage of the other bonus tracks?

I'm enjoying this one. I guess I'd also have to agree the originals are still the best, but there's certainly nothing wrong with the new recordings. All sounds well in tact. The bonus tracks are good too. 'Let love be the leader' fits in especially perfect with this group of songs. 'Rainbow's end' and 'Shot in the dark' are a bit tame, but the rest is great. I know 'Let love be the leader' is an old song, but what is the vintage of the other bonus tracks?

Well Shot in the Dark was of that era - written by Overland but recorded by Ozzy of course.

Well Shot in the Dark was of that era - written by Overland but recorded by Ozzy of course.

It was actually originally written by Wildlife bassist Phil Soussan with lyrics later from the Overland Bros. if memory serves. Great song

I loved the debut album and was really excited after learning about this release. However, after listening to the pre-release tracks I'm disheartened.

My expectation was that the album would conform to the playing and vocals of the original release as closely as possible albeit with modern production. In that regard, I was disappointed that Overland felt the need to embellish every performance with unwarranted vocal gymnastics. While his vocals have aged to a degree, I have no qualitative problems with them. He still sounds great. But there's absolutely no need to try and improve on or change a single nuance of the original vocal performance. It was practically perfect. To me, this is the single biggest foible of the re-recordings.

While I appreciate their intent, it missed the mark for me.

I loved the debut album and was really excited after learning about this release. However, after listening to the pre-release tracks I'm disheartened.

My expectation was that the album would conform to the playing and vocals of the original release as closely as possible albeit with modern production. In that regard, I was disappointed that Overland felt the need to embellish every performance with unwarranted vocal gymnastics. While his vocals have aged to a degree, I have no qualitative problems with them. He still sounds great. But there's absolutely no need to try and improve on or change a single nuance of the original vocal performance. It was practically perfect. To me, this is the single biggest foible of the re-recordings.

While I appreciate their intent, it missed the mark for me.

Yeah I think in this case besides recording them with modern production they also wanted to record them more in the way the songs are performed live nowadays