Unfriended For Bashing Hillary

AlphaMale

• My Little Pony

I'm unsure whether the UK or USA will be at civil war first,

No issues here
Yeah, that whole thing went pretty much how I expected. Nothing's happened. Not yet, anyway. And I strongly believe nothing will happen in the next four years. Everyone will talk, and complain, but no real change will occur.

I want to fight you, think you speak no sense at all and want to fight you again. And I never agree with you. But I actually agree with you, for once.

I was saying to my mum today, who is on the bandwagon of his term being catastrophic for the world, and I was all like - his advisors are still the same people that have been there all along and his term will probably end up being more "disappointing" to his haters than his fans. All these goonies who have it in their head that he's going to blow the world up with nuclear weapons and do all this outrageous shit... they're living in a dream world. I completely agree with you that the same thing, more or less, will keep happening and that all these moaners will have wasted all their time moaning for a grand total of nothing.

I can't even begin to tell you how happy it makes me that after all these years I can still find ways to surprise you. ;}

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will referee this fight. It should only take about 15 seconds. Amirite Geoff?

That's probably accurate.

5-10 seconds. 15 absolute max.

I'm unsure whether the UK or USA will be at civil war first,

Yeah, its definitely a possibility. Especially once all those people who voted him in realize they still own their guns, but have lost their food stamps, Medicare, and Social security. No magnificent wall and no jobs coming back...

Well you got the other chronic lying scumbag and fraud.

I was at the congress today and did the tour. They were very proud of how the building represents compromise and it has withstood so much. Let's see if that is still true in 4 years.

Nope, he's not. He already started war with a Broadway musical.

Well, of all people Jill Stein was the one to call for investigation and recount on the machine-counted votes in the 3 swing states in question. Yesterday she started a fundraiser and already raised well over $4.5M - more than enough to fund the recount costs, so we shall see what will transpire. Maybe we wont have to suffer Pence after all (who imo is a lot more scarier than the Donald and would be the true driving force from behind) but in such case we definitely could have a civil war on our hands, beating UK to it.

Meh. Historically, recounts result in minor shifts, not numbers significant enough to turn 2 out of the 3 states (which is what would be needed).

I find it interesting that Stein, the leftist, is only going after recounts in battleground states that Trump narrowly won, not any of the states that Clinton narrowly won.

Typical hypocrisy.

You kids and your proposed civil wars in the US and UK. Really? You guys honestly believe this is even one millionth of a possibility? Crazy kids these days...

Well, of all people Jill Stein was the one to call for investigation and recount on the machine-counted votes in the 3 swing states in question. Yesterday she started a fundraiser and already raised well over $4.5M - more than enough to fund the recount costs, so we shall see what will transpire. Maybe we wont have to suffer Pence after all (who imo is a lot more scarier than the Donald and would be the true driving force from behind) but in such case we definitely could have a civil war on our hands, beating UK to it.

How ironic that Trump was slammed by Clinton supporters for saying he may not accept the election result if he lost.

And now they want her to challenge the result for the same reasons that Trump would have :)

• My Little Pony

How ironic that Trump was slammed by Clinton supporters for saying he may not accept the election result if he lost.

And now they want her to challenge the result for the same reasons that Trump would have :)

Ironic, or hypocritical?

I never supported either side -- I mean, I'm Canadian first and foremost -- but this whole campaign has made me see a lot of my friends in a new light. And I don't like it.

You kids and your proposed civil wars in the US and UK. Really? You guys honestly believe this is even one millionth of a possibility? Crazy kids these days...

While my tongue is mainly in my cheek both countries have been sold a pack of lies that will unravel over the next few years and there is a fair chance the angry mobs they have unleashed may turn on them once they work out the reality of how they were used.

Trump's already backpedaling and upsetting his core support.

The only vaguely sensible idea I've heard out of Trump so far is to make Farage ambassador. He just got the country wrong, They should send him to the Philippines.

A lot of angst over nothing,at least so far...the protesters should wait until there is something to protest like a new policy that they disagree with....Trump and his kids will be the ones running the country anyway...Trump does not trust anyone else...all those right wing republicans he just hired, are in for a shock when Trump ignores their advice and does what he and the family think is best.. I wonder how long any of them will last before he fires them or they quit....lol...everyone needs to chill and see what happens instead of prejudging ....

As many pundits have proclaimed, it's our version of Brexit, both in terms of unexpected result and reaction afterwards.

I heard a joke that sez the only reason Trump was elected, was cuz England said "Oh my God, Brexit was the most insane, self destructive thing a country could do!" and America said "Oh yeah? Hold my drink, watch THIS shit." :D

Ironic, or hypocritical?

I never supported either side -- I mean, I'm Canadian first and foremost -- but this whole campaign has made me see a lot of my friends in a new light. And I don't like it.

Both :)

Meh. Historically, recounts result in minor shifts, not numbers significant enough to turn 2 out of the 3 states (which is what would be needed).

I find it interesting that Stein, the leftist, is only going after recounts in battleground states that Trump narrowly won, not any of the states that Clinton narrowly won.

Typical hypocrisy.

Stein went for those 3 states because of the statistical evidence of significant deviations (more than 7%) between machine vs manual votes. Whatever her reasons could be, I'm glad she initiated the recounts. I'm also disappointed by Clinton's non-involvement stance on this. We all know that if the tables were turned Trump would have been all over it. In fact, his campaign lawyers are already fighting actively the recount in Michigan. One has to wonder what they could be so afraid of...

In 2000, lawyers from both sides were filing suits left and right in Florida. It's what candidates do. You try and put as many legal hurdles in front of the opposition as you can. That doesn't mean there's anything to hide. It's the nature of an adversarial system.

P.S. I think there should be a Federal standard with respect to recounts and the mechanisms/procedures employed. For example, any decision closer than 0.5% automatically triggers a recount regardless of who won, rather than candidates/parties picking and choosing where to have recounts. Of course then there's the problem of who pays for it, as it is potentially a burden on local resources.

P.P.S. The recount initiative in Pennsylvania has been halted. It's moot.

P.P.P.S. This whole recount business is a way for the Stein campaign (1) to keep her name in the news cycle, and (2) fill their pockets, as they don't have to return any of the $5 million+ that was raised for the recounts. Hopefully they'll decide to do something for the public good with that money, but they are not legally required to do so.

In 2000, lawyers from both sides were filing suits left and right in Florida. It's what candidates do. You try and put as many legal hurdles in front of the opposition as you can. That doesn't mean there's anything to hide. It's the nature of an adversarial system.

Indeed, 2000 was a disaster. Supreme court intervened, practically giving the presidency to Bush, and later it was revealed that the recount would have favored Gore... Having Deja-vu 16 years later is something I'd definitely like to avoid (plus the wars and recession that comes with it).

P.S. I think there should be a Federal standard with respect to recounts and the mechanisms/procedures employed. For example, any decision closer than 0.5% automatically triggers a recount regardless of who won, rather than candidates/parties picking and choosing where to have recounts. Of course then there's the problem of who pays for it, as it is potentially a burden on local resources.

I agree. There also should be unified voting laws across all states, to avoid what is happening in Pennsylvania right now. I believe the costs associated with the recount are going to be paid by Stein, hence the estimation of 9-10M needed for the effort.

P.P.S. The recount initiative in Pennsylvania has been halted. It's moot.

That's actually not true. The state-wide effort has been blocked, but county-by-county recounts are continuing and Stein is bringing the issue to Federal court on Monday. Here's the detailed explanation as per Stein's campaign e-mail I've got this morning:

"Have you heard the latest rumor corporate media is spreading? They are telling the public that were dropping the recount in Pennsylvania. That could NOT be further from the truth! We are not dropping out - we are escalating.

Since we filed a contest of the election and supported the voter-initiated recount in Pennsylvania on Monday, November 28, Donald Trump and the right wing opposed us at every turn, exploiting Pennsylvanias antiquated election laws and messy and bureaucratic election system to block recounts wherever possible.

Voter initiated recounts are underway in Philadelphia, Allegheny and Lehigh counties among others. In act, we covered almost 40% of the state! In Philadelphia, for example, the Elections Commission approved a recount in 75 precincts in which voters requested one butthe Commission denied a full forensic audit of the voting machines, opting instead to simply run the ballots back through the machines, which will not guarantee the integrity of the vote. We are working to guarantee the integrity of each vote and election integrity depends on you and your support.

Pennsylvania has by far the messiest recount process of the three states, and one of the worst state election laws in the nation. And corporate media is at it once again. They did not do their homework and have started rumors about the campaign dropping the recount in Pennsylvania. We are not dropping the recount. We are escalating the fight and bringing it to the federal courts.

Make no mistake the Stein campaign will continue to fight for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania. We are committed to this fight to protect the civil and voting rights of all Americans. Over the past several days, it has become clear that the barriers to verifying the vote in Pennsylvania are so pervasive and that the state court system is so ill-equipped to address this problem that we must seek federal court intervention. As a result, on Monday the Stein campaign will escalate our campaign in Pennsylvania and file for emergency relief in federal court, demanding a statewide recount on constitutional grounds.

Jonathan Abady, lead counsel"

P.P.P.S. This whole recount business is a way for the Stein campaign (1) to keep her name in the news cycle, and (2) fill their pockets, as they don't have to return any of the $5 million+ that was raised for the recounts. Hopefully they'll decide to do something for the public good with that money, but they are not legally required to do so.

7M have been raised so far, of which 5M have been spent on filing fees already. Its all explained in detail on the Recount page at Stein's website. If there are any money left, they will be used for the Standing Rock, which is more than fine with me. I've donated only $50 anyway