Crystal Ball - Déjà Voodoo

Dead Planet

Yeah, I don't really like anything about that at all... well, except the riff. But otherwise it's all very dull. And it doesn't sound one iota like Crystal Ball anymore either.

Dont like the new singer... sounds pretty boring

A poor mans Andi Deris to me.

I heard Secrets years ago and thought it was average.

This song is not bad though.

Maybe I come from a different POV where I don't know much about the band so am open to any music rather than preconceived ideas as to how it should sound.

Maybe I come from a different POV where I don't know much about the band so am open to any music rather than preconceived ideas as to how it should sound.

Haha. Make no mistake of it, friend. I don't like this because I think it's crap... not because it doesn't sound like Crystal Ball used to sound.

I really couldn't care less about back stories when it comes to good music or not. Sure, I think it's sad there's no semblance of CB left in the band anymore, but 'Bite Down Hard' is my favourite Britny Fox album, and 'Helluva Time' from Jaded Heart is one of their best too (amongst many other examples). Neither sound like either band's previous output. I just like good music and it's as basic as that. I just think this new stuff is shit.

Haha. Make no mistake of it, friend. I don't like this because I think it's crap... not because it doesn't sound like Crystal Ball used to sound.

I really couldn't care less about back stories when it comes to good music or not. Sure, I think it's sad there's no semblance of CB left in the band anymore, but 'Bite Down Hard' is my favourite Britny Fox album, and 'Helluva Time' from Jaded Heart is one of their best too (amongst many other examples). Neither sound like either band's previous output. I just like good music and it's as basic as that. I just think this new stuff is shit.

But everything you said makes no sense because you don't like Belly To Belly....

Illuminati confirmed :)

Secrets was a weaker point... yet it still is much better than this..

But everything you said makes no sense because you don't like Belly To Belly....

Haha, and that proves my point on the other side of the coin. Love Warrant's first 3 albums, and 'Ultraphobic' is cool too, but just because I like those albums it doesn't mean I can force myself to enjoy that unbearable piece of shit that is 'Belly To Belly.' I mean seriously, no one on earth actually likes that album, do they? ;)

Haha, and that proves my point on the other side of the coin. Love Warrant's first 3 albums, and 'Ultraphobic' is cool too, but just because I like those albums it doesn't mean I can force myself to enjoy that unbearable piece of shit that is 'Belly To Belly.' I mean seriously, no one on earth actually likes that album, do they? ;)

What's not to like :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUPU3o5nHg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't think anyone cares anymore, but these guys released a new album called 'Crystallizer.' 

1    .    Crystallizer

2    .    Curtain Call

3    .    Alive for Evermore

4    .    S.O.S.

5    .    Crazy in the Night

6    .    Gentleman's Agreement

7    .    Let Her Go with Love

8    .    Beauty in the Beast

9    .    Death on Holy Ground

10    .    Satisfaction Guaranteed (Bonus Track)

11    .    Exit Wound (Bonus Track)

12    .    Dusty Deadly

13    .    Symphony of Life 

Another painfully average-poor album, but they did catch me off-guard with one pretty nice tune on here. It's still pretty poor, but hey, it's the best you'll get from them these days. :(