Jump to content
JLPRocks

Synthpop bands........saw it mentioned in another thread...

Recommended Posts

from the new OMD album The Punishment of Luxury and new Boytronic album Jewel... good stuff from these classic bands in 2017..

OMD

 

Boytronic (Universe)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Invisible_man said:

from the new OMD album The Punishment of Luxury and new Boytronic album Jewel... good stuff from these classic bands in 2017..

OMD

 

Boytronic (Universe)

 

Big fan of both.  I didn't know about the Boytronic album. Thanks for that. Definitely something I have to check out further

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mesh and Covenant - some good angsty electronic energy from their 2016 releases :)

Mesh - Kill Your Darlings (2016)

 

Covenant - I Close My Eyes (2016)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mesh is amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 1:48 PM, Invisible_man said:

from the new OMD album The Punishment of Luxury and new Boytronic album Jewel... good stuff from these classic bands in 2017..

OMD

 

Boytronic (Universe)

 

New OMD is pretty good....a bit of a throwback to some really early stuff. They are a favorite band of mine and I think their prior album was better than this one....bu this one is still good! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff! Definitely has that PSB similarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this version of the Star Pilots' song. Becker sang on the original version too. Very 80's sounding.

I diggit!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 11:06 PM, Stefan said:

I love this version of the Star Pilots' song. Becker sang on the original version too. Very 80's sounding.

I diggit!

 

 

 

 

Another great one from the amazing Kebu.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

clearly the best song of 2019 so far

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That...is...EXCELLENT!

Thanks for sharing Glen! :drink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Glen said:

clearly the best song of 2019 so far

 

Superb song! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another single from the new album 'Peach Club'  due tomorrow 09.02.

I love this one too.

I must say that this is quite a departure from their previous sound which is far more standard modern rock.

love this new direction though 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love 'em both. These guys used to be a post-hardcore band (screamo type stuff for when that term was a thing) and I lost interest in them a long time ago. I'm going to check out their last album too based on this. Obviously this is a big change in direction, but I wonder how long ago they dropped the screams...? 

Can't wait to hear this new album for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Geoff said:

Love 'em both. These guys used to be a post-hardcore band (screamo type stuff for when that term was a thing) and I lost interest in them a long time ago. I'm going to check out their last album too based on this. Obviously this is a big change in direction, but I wonder how long ago they dropped the screams...? 

Can't wait to hear this new album for sure. 

the last 2 albums aren't screamy but didn't interest me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 5:40 PM, Glen said:

clearly the best song of 2019 so far

 

Fantastic song, but as for the best song of 2019 that has to go to The Night Hour - Be Alright

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice. but I prefer Emarosa 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 9:40 AM, Glen said:

clearly the best song of 2019 so far

Emarosa doesn't sound like synthpop to me.... sounds like a  pop/rock song. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.