Hardline - Human Nature

Stefan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Not Wait!!!

Press release:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is excited to announce the return of HARDLINE with the brand new album “Human Nature”, set for release on October 14th.

Following the rebirth of the band that happened with the release of “Danger Zone” in 2012, Hardline have regrouped around fabulous singer Johnny Gioeli (AXEL RUDI PELL) with the excellent production and keyboard skills of Alessandro Del Vecchio (Rated X,Resurrection Kings, Revolution Saints), the shredding talents of guitarist Josh Ramos (The Storm), and the powerful rhythm section made up of bassist Anna Portalupi (Tarja Turunen) and drummer Francesco Jovino (Primal Fear, JORN). All these musicians have an impressive pedigree, but what makes Hardline special is how well their unique and different talents blend together.

The goal for their new album was to have a heavier and updated version of the original Hardline sound. Think debut album, 1992's “Double Eclipse” updated for the 21st Century, with a grittier and more straight ahead sound. Anthemic, hard rocking songs are what you can expect from this record and hook after hook, riff after riff, you’ll find yourself wowed by this absolute monster of an album!

When Gioeli and Del Vechhio got together to begin writing songs for the album, “[T]he plan was to create an album that emulates the feeling of "Double Eclipse" combined with the dynamics of modern day rock. Very heavy and in your face, but still with hitting melodies,” says Johnny. “I have a tremendous amount of Axel Rudi Pell fans that know me for the way I deliver a metal song too. So yes, it’s definitely the heaviest we have done since the debut. I see this album as the perfect mix of styles.”

“As a producer I pushed everyone to squeeze these songs and put as much attitude as we could on tape,” adds Alessandro Del Vecchio. “We wanted more of an in-your-face attitude than our softer albums. I think we understood we had something special in our hands when we finished “Take You Home”. Even if it's the ballad of the album I guess it's the focal point of the musical bond that Johnny and myself share with the whole band.”

“The guys put their heart and soul into their performances,” concludes Johnny “You can hear the essence of every drum strike and the sweat hitting the drums shortly after. Do it again, Cesco! HARDER, HARDER! Josh, Anna and Ale wouldn’t stop until their fingers said “enough”…and then……we did it again and again. That’s rock and roll man. Songs like “Where Will We Go From Here,” “Human Nature” and “Take you Home,” to me they are the essence of what I LOVE to sing and HOW I love to sing!”

“Human Nature” tracklisting:

1. Where Will We Go From Here
2. Nobody's Fool
3. Human Nature
4. Trapped In Muddy Waters
5. Running On Empty
6. The World Is Falling Down
7. Take You Home
8. Where The North Wind Blows
9. In The Dead Of The Night
10. United We Stand
11. Fighting The Battle

HARDLINE
Johnny Gioeli – Lead Vocals
Alessandro Del Vecchio - Keyboards, Backing Vocals
Josh Ramos - Guitars
Anna Portalupi - Bass
Francesco Jovino - Drums
Produced by Alessandro Del Vecchio

Follow Hardline:
http://www.hardlinerocks.com/site/
https://www.facebook.com/hardlineofficial

13659006_1115110201878363_70493194494309

I also prefer the sound from way back with Neal Schon in the band. Having said that, I don't feel Double Eclipse is a perfect album. The BIG sound kind of gets boring after a while and I can never listen to the entire thing with its 56 mins running time

So in short - immediate reaction when hearing any of the songs: wow, this rocks! after listening to the album a bit longer: can get ''boring''

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 1992 I was one of the biggest Hardline fans around. Unfortunately they've been a major disappointment to me since. Losing Neal Schon and Deen Castronovo certainly took its toll.

No Joey Gioeli either. :(

Press release:

That’s rock and roll man. Songs like “Where Will We Go From Here,” “Human Nature” and “Take you Home,” to me they are the essence of what I LOVE to sing and HOW I love to sing!”

In other words, "I sing with Axel Rudi Pell to feed my wife and kids, but I hate it as if it were a repetitive 9-5 desk job. Can the guy write a song that's not about wizards and ghosts and vikings? For fuck's sake. How much does that guy suck? Fuck Axel Rudi Pell and his shit music. Does he realise we've been making the same CD for over 20 year now. But thanks for the salary, Axel."

Looking forward to this. Their debut obviously is what it's all about, and this incarnation is in no way shape or form "Hardline." But the last album was good so I have high hopes for the new one.

Back in 1992 I was one of the biggest Hardline fans around. Unfortunately they've been a major disappointment to me since. Losing Neal Schon and Deen Castronovo certainly took its toll.

No Joey Gioeli either. :(

And believe it or not, Todd Jensen is a REALLY good bass player and background vocalist. Of course I'm a bit biased as he's from my hometown of Portland, Oregon.

• 2 weeks later...

It was alright.....the thing with Gioeli seems to be that he can't get away from singing like he does in Pell. I think it's extending the notes of words, or something....but that kind of puts me off a little. I don't mind it in Pell...but not sure in Hardline. Hell....maybe he just sings that way all the time now.... I dunno...

Will see what the rest of the album sounds like.....

Sounds pretty decent, but less keyboards and more prominent guitars please...