Part of reason this board is dying

The message I was trying to make is that we could look at a way of continuing to promote all of the new bands and new releases, but without 'flooding' the forum with new topics. I would never try to tell someone what is or isn't great music (well, we all do sometimes ?) or what should or shouldn't be posted. I am only suggesting we look at how new topics are presented as it feels a bit like a computer is automatically generating new topics every time there is a new release / press statement. Any thoughts on the suggestions I made previously e.g. combining topics such as press releases or new band teasers?

Any thoughts on the suggestions I made previously e.g. combining topics such as press releases or new band teasers?

The problem then is that all the conversations get jumbled together and searching/finding information gets more difficult as things are buried within lengthy threads instead of in their own thread. Honestly, I'm not in favor of consolidation like that.

Any thoughts on the suggestions I made previously e.g. combining topics such as press releases or new band teasers?

The problem then is that all the conversations get jumbled together and searching/finding information gets more difficult as things are buried within lengthy threads instead of in their own thread. Honestly, I'm not in favor of consolidation like that.

Yeah I can definitely see that as a disadvantage too, the lengthy topics can be really difficult to navigate / search through.

• My Little Pony

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the Melodic Mafia -- FaceTubes in general -- is not an adequate substitute for a forum like this. You can peace out, and devote all your time to that place, but you won't find the same resources there.

With that said, I don't want you to leave, Russ, because you add a lot to this site, too. But if we're gonna take shots, a fair bit of what you post is shit. At least in my opinion.

For me it's about more easily identifying bands who will play the music I like.

I think if the AOR and Hard Rock were split into their own boards it would help.

I'd open up the Hard Rock most often, followed by the Sleaze Glam occasionally and maybe the Heavy Metal every so often.
Personally I think Hard Rock and AOR are leagues apart, but that's just me.

For instance, I've been really liking Handful Of Rain which I found here.

To me it's hard rock, much like Roxus, and edging a little closer to AOR, but still hard rock.

When I open the board and there are 10 new bands posted, I rarely check out more than a couple, because life. And things to do.

I have a word doc list of a bunch of bands to check out more based on what I've heard here, and never would have otherwise

Cruzh, Hair Force One, Sleazy Roxx, Addiction, Terramaze, Aderenaline Mob, Lipz

And that's why I am here :)

I think that to satisfy both sides of this equation simply create a new band Section of the forum. I enjoy the posts of all of the bands people have discovered....but, I can see the point of others not being able to be bothered. Simply create a new Section.......those people that don't want to be bothered will not have to go in there and those that do...will....

I agree. Whenever I'm about to start a thread I always use the search function. And I only search for titles. If the title search comes up zero, then it's go time for me.

So I'm happy as it is now.

• 2023 Gold Donors

When I was on here regularly, I used to love all the links for new bands. I even used to try and share ones as I came across them. Now, it's just finding the time to get on here and go through them all. Don't stop posting them.

We should be happy there are new bands to bitch about people posting about.

If the site were more active then the treads nobody is interested in would soon disappear off the first couple of pages.

We bitch about lack of posting, then we bitch about what is posted.

This site has always been about the worlds most dedicated and knowledgeable lovers of our type of music getting together and sharing our love of music. I know there are 100s of albums I've listened to because of it. Sadly we're a bit of a niche and it's hard to imagine the site growing much. And I fear as we're getting older we may even start losing more.-(

I agree. Whenever I'm about to start a thread I always use the search function. And I only search for titles. If the title search comes up zero, then it's go time for me.

So I'm happy as it is now.

When I was on here regularly, I used to love all the links for new bands. I even used to try and share ones as I came across them. Now, it's just finding the time to get on here and go through them all. Don't stop posting them.

We should be happy there are new bands to bitch about people posting about.

If the site were more active then the treads nobody is interested in would soon disappear off the first couple of pages.

We bitch about lack of posting, then we bitch about what is posted.

This site has always been about the worlds most dedicated and knowledgeable lovers of our type of music getting together and sharing or love of music. I know there are 100s of albums I've listened to because of it. Sadly we're a bit of a niche and it's hard to imagine the site growing much. Sadly as we're getting older we may even start losing more.-(

what they say!

To be honest, I prefer to see 20-30 unreplied thread but with some infos about new bands/albums and couple of videos like Stefan did. For me, it's a valuable information to be exposed to new bands, whether we like it or not, it's personal preference and we just continue to read other thread if we don't like it, or just leave a message stating that it's poor, average, or great, whatever :D

I also like a lengthy good discussion about a certain album or band but sometimes I can sense it's not objective anymore. What I feel is that in a heated discussion, eventually both sides just trying to defend their opinion because other people claim their opinion or taste is better and saying 'you suck because you like this or that!' :D

well music is varied, so is taste, just because 10 people like the same band and album, doesn't always mean that music is the best, and vice versa.

Forum or message board looks like dying is because of many reasons, probably same reason why mailing list isn't as busy as it used to be, maybe because of Facebook, twitter, or instant messaging like Whatsapp, Line, etc, and also maybe people can get their information about bands or albums easily through other webzines or youtube directly.

To be honest, I prefer to see 20-30 unreplied thread but with some infos about new bands/albums and couple of videos like Stefan did. For me, it's a valuable information to be exposed to new bands, whether we like it or not, it's personal preference and we just continue to read other thread if we don't like it, or just leave a message stating that it's poor, average, or great, whatever :D

I also like a lengthy good discussion about a certain album or band but sometimes I can sense it's not objective anymore. What I feel is that in a heated discussion, eventually both sides just trying to defend their opinion because other people claim their opinion or taste is better and saying 'you suck because you like this or that!' :D

well music is varied, so is taste, just because 10 people like the same band and album, doesn't always mean that music is the best, and vice versa.

Forum or message board looks like dying is because of many reasons, probably same reason why mailing list isn't as busy as it used to be, maybe because of Facebook, twitter, or instant messaging like Whatsapp, Line, etc, and also maybe people can get their information about bands or albums easily through other webzines or youtube directly.

There's also a lot of stuff going on https://tshirtslayer.com/

buddy!

I'm over it. Let's keep talking music, whether good or bad!

:P

Yeah me too Alpha. I've said my piece. Still love this forum more than any other and it shits all over Facebook. I'll try and read some more of the new band topics and get a bit more active on the forum again.

I must admit to screwing up with some of the FF bands I added....I should have put them in the 'other music' thread....I was thinking they were rock but I guess we are putting modern rock in the 'other music' area.....my bad...

Billy Joel

Still Rock n Roll To Me

What's the matter with the clothes I'm wearing?

"Can't you tell that your tie's too wide?"

Maybe I should buy some old tab collars?

"Welcome back to the age of jive.

Where have you been hidin' out lately, honey?

You can't dress trashy till you spend a lot of money."

Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new sound

Funny, but it's still rock and roll to me

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?

"Can't you tell that it's out of style?"

Should I get a set of white wall tires?

"Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?

Nowadays you can't be too sentimental

Your best bet's a true baby blue Continental."

Hot funk, cool punk, even if it's old junk

It's still rock and roll to me

Oh, it doesn't matter what they say in the papers

'Cause it's always been the same old scene.

There's a new band in town

But you can't get the sound from a story in a magazine...

Aimed at your average teen

How about a pair of pink sidewinders

And a bright orange pair of pants?

"You could really be a Beau Brummel baby

If you just give it half a chance.

Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers,

You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers."

Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways

What's the matter with the crowd I'm seeing?

"Don't you know that they're out of touch?"

Should I try to be a straight 'A' student?

"If you are then you think too much.

Don't you know about the new fashion honey?

All you need are looks and a whole lotta money."

It's the next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways

Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new sound

Funny, but it's still rock and roll to me

What a completely dumb ass thread.

Begin rant here:

Yes I will step in for DP and others and piss people off as in the immortal words of Kevin Meany "I don't care, I don't care, I don't care!"

I find it completely inane, insane and utterly stupid to knock people for posting about bands on a fucking music website.!? WTF?

"no real music discussion. All crappy band threads. ." WTF!? What do you think a thread about a band is, if not a "music discussion"? A discussion about 401k's? Siding? Sending dick pix? And on a site dedicated to unknown fucking bands! Sheesh.

AS mentioned this ENTIRE sites foundation is 95% based on bands no one has ever heard of, nearly no one ever gave a shit about until someone posted a thread about them and there demo sold for $500 on Ebay and that the majority of the mindless minions could still give a half a shit about!

Oh wait this will be better, let's start yet another thread about Don Dokken or Ratt or Cinderella or wait maybe the roadie for Guns N Roses has a pimple on his smeckel! OR sure how bout another thread on GNR period WTFF? These bands have been played out. We know and have discussed EVERYTHING there is to be discussed about these bands. Sure if the 2nd replacement drummer for LA Guns from the summer of 2011 to the fall of 2011 starts a new Slayer cover band lets start a thread for him. But really?

To quote Donald Trump "what a waiste".

I can't believe this thread was ever started. Why in the world would we knock someone for posting new band releases even if some are not to everyone's taste. I for one was regularly checking he board for martinsane posts.

I could easily say this about many other bands that are posted by other users that are pure junk.

I would guess this post may cause those posters to quit posting and that is a shame.

I love the posts and suspect many others do whether they are willing to outright say it or not.