Tango Down: Bulletproof!

The Rocker

Still loving it. Just listened to it again while doing shit around the house.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome guys. Thank you. Would love to hear some details on what you lIke about it.

BTW what's everyone think of the art?

Art and packaging are great!

Awesome guys. Thank you. Would love to hear some details on what you lIke about it.

BTW what's everyone think of the art?

Art and packing fantastic IMO!

As for the album, I think overall I just like the more melodic type approach this time around. It feels like there are a lot of harmonies, backing vocals, big choruses, etc.....For me, stuff like Give Me A Reason and When We Were Young are just perfect TD songs. I really think When We Were Young might just be my favorite TD song ever done.

Don't get me wrong though...I like the variety on this album as well. There's some great rockers and the ballad is also done really well.

Overall, I'd say the variety in the songs just mixed with everything being more melodic is what separates this album from the last release that was just more straight ahead rock IMO.

And also have to say Chas sounds great and think he fit's perfectly. One thing I really like on this album is that I think he sings without "over-singing". I think D Reece at times sorta oversang stuff by carrying out notes or whatever and I didn't always care for that. I think Chas hits things perfectly and it sorta lets the melodies and guitars stand out a little more. Sorry if this makes no sense....Kinda hard to explain LOL.

It's just a solid effort and hope they do another release with Chas in the future and keep the more melodic formula.

Wow guys. Great feedback. Thanks. We really appreciate it

:guitar:

Maybe it's just me but the sample tracks remind me of 80's KISS, not a bad thing because I loved 80's KISS. Picture Paul Stanley singing Bulletproof or Give me a Reason.

Maybe it's just me but the sample tracks remind me of 80's KISS, not a bad thing because I loved 80's KISS. Picture Paul Stanley singing Bulletproof or Give me a Reason.

Interesting take. Haven't heard that one before. But I welcome and appreciate it nonetheless

Have you picked it up yet? Hopefully you will and see why everyone is enjoying this release so much

Thank you

Ok.....listened to the entire album about three times and what could have been a great album is just a 'good' album.

The thing that irritates me in the modern era of music is the produced drum sounds......the drums on this record, in places, sounds like it came from my Garage Band app on my phone. With mostly the cymbal crashes, high hat noises and the ride cymbal just being completely annoying during certain songs. Using these just detracts from an album so much to me. Spend the money.....use a real kit.....or just use LESS of the produced drum sounds.

Overall, I'd give the album an 80 or so.......

Oh..."Give Me a Reason" is a GREAT song.....GREAT....**and does it remind you that it could have been written by AdrianGale?**

• 2 weeks later...

I'll do a review soon, just for shits and giggles.
I woke up with Going Under in my head, which is a good start :)
Need a few more listens to makes sure there are no songs left to gradually work their way into my head, and that the 'fillers' are just that

OK here goes.
I'm not gonna assign numbers to songs because I find that system here weird and disturbing with most albums getting at least 70 to 80% and a lot of them in the 90's

Anyway, I'll simply rate each song great, good, ok, average or filler

1. Punching Bag - good - great opener, better than most songs that open records.
2. Give Me A Reason - great - for the type of song this is, it's done pretty perfectly. Leans very AOR, but it works.
3. Bulletproof - average - a bit slow and boring, nothing new here. I'd probably skip this song most of the time.
4. Carry On - great - love the VH type start, then becomes its own song - kind of reminds me of Roxus a bit. Like the vocal changes within the verses
5. When We Were Young - great - nice flowing song, love the music is my time machine lyric.
6. Going Under - great - probably my favorite track on the album. Very catchy.
7. Superstar - good - like the heavier type song, but for me the verses were stronger than the chorus which kind of lets the song down
8. Edge Of Goodbye - good - nice ballad, bit sappy and droney, but still nice and easy to listen to.
9. Anything Can Change - ok - nothing too exciting, just your standard template pop/rock song.
10. Broken Heart - ok - Very standard average 80's type song, kind of boring.

Overall, this is probably gonna be one of the best releases for me this year.

Keep in mind that a great song is just that, and you don't come across too many these days, let alone so many on one release.

Maybe some of the songs I didn't rate so well suffered because they were back to back against some great tracks, but only a bit.

If I took songs from this to put on a Best Of CD, I'd struggle not to take 7 songs, which is a pretty nice result.

OK here goes.

I'm not gonna assign numbers to songs because I find that system here weird and disturbing with most albums getting at least 70 to 80% and a lot of them in the 90's

Anyway, I'll simply rate each song great, good, ok, average or filler

1. Punching Bag - good - great opener, better than most songs that open records.

2. Give Me A Reason - great - for the type of song this is, it's done pretty perfectly. Leans very AOR, but it works.

3. Bulletproof - average - a bit slow and boring, nothing new here. I'd probably skip this song most of the time.

4. Carry On - great - love the VH type start, then becomes its own song - kind of reminds me of Roxus a bit. Like the vocal changes within the verses

5. When We Were Young - great - nice flowing song, love the music is my time machine lyric.

6. Going Under - great - probably my favorite track on the album. Very catchy.

7. Superstar - good - like the heavier type song, but for me the verses were stronger than the chorus which kind of lets the song down

8. Edge Of Goodbye - good - nice ballad, bit sappy and droney, but still nice and easy to listen to.

9. Anything Can Change - ok - nothing too exciting, just your standard template pop/rock song.

10. Broken Heart - ok - Very standard average 80's type song, kind of boring.

Overall, this is probably gonna be one of the best releases for me this year.

Keep in mind that a great song is just that, and you don't come across too many these days, let alone so many on one release.

Maybe some of the songs I didn't rate so well suffered because they were back to back against some great tracks, but only a bit.

If I took songs from this to put on a Best Of CD, I'd struggle not to take 7 songs, which is a pretty nice result.

That's a rating system to my liking. I hate the % system. How the fuck do you rate something, say 80% and 81%, and what makes that 1 % difference?

It kills the listening pleasure right there, too much analyzing

Yeah. What's worse for me is the overall rating of an album.

If I used the song rating system for this release, maybe songs 3, 9 and 10 would get between 40 and 60% each, which instantly drops the overall album rating to around 85%, and that's if every other song gets a 100% which they wouldn't, so the overall rating for this album would probably be 75% for me.

So a 75% from me is a damn good score, but many here would say I'm nuts. :)

Great Feedback!!!! Appreciate it. I fwd it to the guys.

What i really love about your review is you like what you like and find a song like BROKEN HEART to be a filler. Which is fine. But there are people that LOVE that song. My point is, that being there are so many take aways, that is a sign of a strong album. VERY PROUD of this album, the band and everyone that worked on it. Thanks to everyone that has embraced it.

Keep enjoying the tunes

THANK YOU