Angels Or Kings - Go Ask The Moon

Stefan

Listened to quite a bit on Spotify.

I LOVE the music but still have issue with those vocals.

Just becomes tiresome after a few songs listening to him straining and gravelly throated. Doesnt match the silky AOR music

Shame

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Listened to quite a bit on Spotify.

I LOVE the music but still have issue with those vocals.

Just becomes tiresome after a few songs listening to him straining and gravelly throated. Doesnt match the silky AOR music

Shame

Truu.

• My Little Pony

Take the title track.

On the intro you feel like you are listening to the best tune of 2016.

Then he starts singing....... :(

I feel robbed.

I enjoy how much we disagree on things, but this we mos def see eye to eye. "Any Other Girl" from the debut is a phenomenal track that even the vocals couldn't ruin, but after that I can't be bothered.

I really like his voice , only heard the first song so far but its a monster

I like the voice too. As I said in the past, reminds me Arti Tisi, whom no-one seems to have an issue with. ;)

I really like his voice , only heard the first song so far but its a monster

I like the voice too. As I said in the past, reminds me Arti Tisi, whom no-one seems to have an issue with. ;)

The guy from Arti Tisi is a great singer - no comparison sorry. If he sounded like that i would have no issue

Trust me - he oversings throughout the entire disc and it doesnt suit the style of music. More so than the debut imo.

But hey you guys carry on.

Just not for me

• 2 weeks later...

Bit too AOR for my tastes.

The first song in the thread was ok though (Any Other Girl)

The first two reminded me of 7800 era Bon Jovi a bit.

The song above bores me to death.

I'm sold! :wub:

Excellent song. Musically, production sounds better, but (and I suspect Glen and Karpetass will latch onto this like leeches on my clenched buttocks) the vocal production leaves a bit to be desired. Not so much the voice itself, but there's something about the vocal production, separate to the music track, that's not superb.

But it's a great song. Love it. It will probably all make more sense coming through the stereo speakers anyway, I'm sure.

Agree on the vocals, sounds a bit strained for my liking. The music in itself is excellent.

Imagine what an excellent voice would do to the songs.

Hit the nail on the head.

:wub:

Fantastic song. Probably my favorite.

Agree on the vocals, sounds a bit strained for my liking. The music in itself is excellent.

I don't mind the vocals, gives them their own identity.

I don't mind the vocals, gives them their own identity.

Agree 100%.

Nothing wrong at all with the vocals.

• 3 weeks later...

For the record, I think this new album is excellent. No one seems to be talking about it, but I just want to chime in with an "I really dig it."

You twats ( ;):wub: ) have got in my head and have me over-analyzing the vocals, but if I can just listen to it for what it is, I really love it. It's a great album. 'On the Corner of Love and Lost' and 'Heartbreak Railroad Company' are a bit weaker than the rest... and 'No alibi' is pretty basic too. But other than that, the rest of the 8 songs are great. They're a very good band.

For the record, I think this new album is excellent. No one seems to be talking about it, but I just want to chime in with an "I really dig it."

You twats ( ;):wub: ) have got in my head and have me over-analyzing the vocals, but if I can just listen to it for what it is, I really love it. It's a great album. 'On the Corner of Love and Lost' and 'Heartbreak Railroad Company' are a bit weaker than the rest... and 'No alibi' is pretty basic too. But other than that, the rest of the 8 songs are great. They're a very good band.

Agreed :popcorn: