Asshole Family Members

AlphaMale

My sister is a piece of shit. Always has been. But we try to get along for the family.

So Father's Day is this weekend. We had planned to get together at Mom and Dad's house, have a few drinks, and eat a bunch of steamed crabs.

A few days ago, my mother gets a text from my sister saying she isn't bringing the kids down to see her or my disabled elderly father anymore because my nephews (all grown) like to go in the basement and smoke a little weed with me. Now we have done this many many times before and it's never been an issue. But now all of the sudden, she's going to threaten her own parents and tell them they won't see their grandkids anymore? What a bitch!

So I posted a meme on my friends/family Facebook that said "sometimes my sister is a real asshole and I just want to tell her to fuck off". That caused a firestorm.

Her kids smoke weed every single day up their house. They work but they also smoke. They were smoking long before they ever asked to smoke with me. She is basically accusing me of getting them on drugs. And she refused to come down for Father's Day. My mom was crying thinking she wasn't ever going to see her grandkids again.

So I vented on a separate facebook page that I use for band contacts that I didn't mean for her to see. Somehow, my niece found this page and showed her mother what I had posted. I pretty much called her an ignorant nasty bitch who if I never spoke to again, wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. Once she saw that, the real war had begun. She cancelled coming down for Father's Day and who knows if she will ever forgive me. Shouldn't have posted it but I needed to vent and did it under a different name. It's over and done now and I've tried to apologize only to get blocked from her page and my texts go ignored. Is it right to hold your kids as hostage against your grandparents?

We have never really gotten along. She's a goody too shoes type who thinks her shit doesn't stink and that she's this perfect human being. Ummm.... no she's not. She's selfish, ignorant, and a real asshole. So I guess I ruined the family and Father's Day.

Oh, well. No big loss for me except for seeing my niece and nephews who are caught in the middle.

What a clusterfuck.

I haven't seen or spoken to anyone in my family for over 4 years....of course it helps that they are over 1100 miles away lol....not because of any fight....I just don't give a shit...

That's how I feel about my sister. She's a stuck up snobby bitch. I love her kids but I can't stand her.

If she was on fire and I had water, I'd drink the water.

I have 3 brothers. The oldest brother banged the wife (ex-wife now) of one of the other brother's. And the bastard's kids can't figure out why their old man is ostracized by every last one of his brothers and sisters. My family has the market cornered on dysfunction.

I have 3 brothers. The oldest brother banged the wife (ex-wife now) of one of the other brother's. And the bastard's kids can't figure out why their old man is ostracized by every last one of his brothers and sisters. My family has the market cornered on dysfunction.

Wow. That's crazy. Glad I'm not alone in the dysfunctional family department. :violin2:

Bummer for you and I'd say your sis threw the first gauntlet let down so no harm in your venting your frustrations. She will either get over it or she won't. Up to her at this point. I would bet she won't apologize to you though.

And like DP I have not spoke to my family in over 11 years and I feel great. Best thing I ever did was writing them off as they were dragging me down with them. I hope they feel bad too, which they won't cause they are selfish. I do feel sorry for them from time to time as they will never know there grandkids and they have never even met my son. Who like my daughter is cool as fuck.

I haven't had anything to do with my sister for maybe 30 years.

My mother allowed her to sleep in the same bed as her boyfriend when she was 15 and he was 18, and I objected to that.
caused all sorts of issues, and she basically stopped talking to me (with my mothers' guidance)

I tried a couple of times over the years to make things good, but each time my mother intervened and it fell to shit.

Last time I told her that if she wants anything to do with me it's up to her to initiate. That was maybe 15 years ago.

Not something I stress about, I simply don't know her, so I don't miss her at all.

On the other hand, my mother is a nasty piece of work.
Simply, my life is better without her in it causing all shirts of shit.

What's mentioned above is the tip of the iceberg into her manipulations etc.

Thanks guys. Glad I'm not alone here.

My other sister playing the drama queen says "Our family will never be the same".

Oh, give me a damn break. You both never even go to see your parents except on holidays or if one of them is in the hospital. Otherwise, you never come around. And one sister lives 5 minutes away. Don't act like you give a damn now.

Actions speak louder than words.

I hate my sister so much. My other sister always sides with her on everything. I am always the one in the wrong. Bullshit!

I moved 2,000 miles away from my moms family to get away from them. I got tired of being manipulated and screwed over by them. There's only so much a person can take. I'm not enemies with any of them. I just don't actively keep in contact with anyone more than I have to. My older sister is one that gets me. When she moved to college she changed. The last few years have been really bad. I don't ask much out of my sister. I would only call her once every other month and it was almost impossible to get a hold of her. Then when I finally did get in contact with her she acted like she couldn't wait to get off the phone and get back to her husbands family. Is a short phone call every other month really asking too much? So if that's how she wants to play it I have no intention of contacting her unless I absolutely have to. There's no point. My younger sister is a disaster. I think she means well and she wants to do well. She is just incapable of it. She doesn't have the will power to do the hard things in life to get herself out of the mess she's in.

I'm in better standing with most of my dads family. Of course I have only known them for 8 years. My dad is a different story though. We had a falling out 5 and 1/2 years ago. I haven't talked to him since and I have zero intention of doing so.

My family and I get along well. Like, really phuking well. So I can't identify. Sorry.

Same

• 2 years later...

Update time:

My sister still won't speak to me. And now, I don't really give a fuck if we ever speak again. My father passed away after another stroke on 12/8/17, and that nasty ignorant bitch wouldn't even speak to me at Dad's funeral. That was the last straw for me. I have no desire to reconcile.

6 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Update time:

My sister still won't speak to me. And now, I don't really give a fuck if we ever speak again. My father passed away after another stroke on 12/8/17, and that nasty ignorant bitch wouldn't even speak to me at Dad's funeral. That was the last straw for me. I have no desire to reconcile.

Sorry to hear that your sister is not a kind person. I'd say as I may have before good riddance to your boat anchor.

No contact for me and my folks or sister in 13 years and my psyche feels great. A great gob of incredibly ignorant selfish people that I am still amazed spawned me.

Chin up young man, surround yourself with those that get it and want to get you, you know.

• My Little Pony

True. Family has many forms, and shouldn't be restricted to biology. Surround yourself with those that do give a fuck about you, those that will respect and love you the way you deserve. 

On 6/16/2016 at 12:37 AM, Axelinger said:

I long ago concluded that the term Dysfunctional Family is redundant.  Show me a family that isn't dysfunctional.

Fuggin' hell, doods. How hectic to hear all this shit. Like the Face Full Of Karpet and Rocker, I certainly have no such issues. 

In fact, I can't even comprehend getting to these sorts of stages with your own family... but of course, every single family dynamic is different. My biggest current fear in life is that my son and daughter won't always be close. They're only three and five now and best friends in the world... but holy shit, if they ever drifted apart like some of these stories it would crush me. 

Anyway, that's way overthinking way, way too far down the track... but good luck with all your predicaments, doods. 

In reality, you need to do some soul searching and self analysis.

Easy to cast blame on to other family members, but sometimes need to sit and allocate blame to both them and yourself.

In my case I did this with my sister. I realised where I had let the relationship down and admitted that to her when I tried to mend things.
As mentioned above, my mother get involved and turned her away from me again.

This was 15 to 20 years ago, so not something I dwell on, but I feel some kind of comfort in thinking that I did all I could.
Prior to that my father took us to family counselling.
For the first appointment, she had the opportunity to speak her mind and shovel the shit on to me.

I started to defend myself, but was directed to sit and listen and that I would get my chance to explain my side.
So I obeyed and sat for an hour listening to my sister run through all the issues she had with me, and the counsellor discuss them with her.
Then time was up and I was told that the next appointment would be my turn to speak.
lol, my sister said "yeah, I don't think I need to come back for any more of this"

Pretty shitty situation, but like I said, I feel like I have a clean conscience.

It's really hard, when someone is being a terrible person towards you, to reflect at when involvement you may have had in that, and what amount of blame falls at your feet, but doing so can allow you to move on in a much better state.

• 1 year later...

Hey Russ, wanna know how to curb this issue? tell them you introduced your nephew to heroin, wait a few days, then say you were just fucking with her, after that, weed won't even be kind of a big deal. Plus!

YOU SMOKE WEED? WTF, im telling

• Haha 1

On 2/25/2020 at 2:05 AM, Leykis101 said:

Hey Russ, wanna know how to curb this issue? tell them you introduced your nephew to heroin, wait a few days, then say you were just fucking with her, after that, weed won't even be kind of a big deal. Plus!

YOU SMOKE WEED? WTF, im telling

And funny thing is, all of them have stopped smoking now except for the oldest, who got away from these assholes and moved to Minnesota an now Wisconsin. Smart boy to get away from these manipulating douchebags.

Fuck Minnesota and Wisconsin would make me have to smoke, Utah drove me to heroine, can't imagine either one of those states being any different, Seattle was by far the worst, probably would've ended a lot worse if I'd stayed there, I wish there was a nice climate not completely jam packed full of people, kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?