Yngwie Malmsteen - World On Fire

Axelinger

Just glossed over this album, and I can say without a doubt, I have never heard more muddier production ever. Fucking awful. It sounds like the master tapes were tossed into an old Black & Decker blender and someone hit the frappe button. Worst mix I've ever heard. The music sounds like it was recorded in an empty warehouse by someone with no clue of production whatsoever. The vocals (by Yngwie himself) are so garbled and mangled, and mixed so poorly, you'd swear he'd never been in a recording studio before. I'm not one of those people, who shit all over his work just for the hell of it, but this is just..... bad. No, check that - fucking terrible. I've got a rusty hinge on my gate that sounds better than this poop. Geez, I'm listening to it again as I type this, and it's even worse than I initially thought. Gawd - please make it stop!

I am an Yngwie fan and I've listened yesterday that release.His vox isn't great, no brainer here-we knew that since he was 16 yo, but only 2 songs have vocals. It's mainly an instrumental album. And actually not a good one.

Agree on the comments about production. At least, his tone is good here.

He needs desperately a new mentor/executive producer/manager/you name it.

Who's singing? Yngwie?? Last Yngwie album I heard was probably 'Facing The Animal,' I think, and he had never sung up until that point.

I just wish some European or American label would sign the man, it gets very expensive if you buying Japanese copies with crap Aussie dollar. Rant over.

Who's singing? Yngwie?? Last Yngwie album I heard was probably 'Facing The Animal,' I think, and he had never sung up until that point.

First time Yngwie sung was in one of his first demos, when he was 16. Then he did this very very sporadically.

The latest album is mainly instrumental. Only 3 tracks have vocals, all done by him. I didn't like it at all.

Imo, he's in serious need of a critical friend/executive producer/manager/you name it. But being only just him is a tough job I guess.