favourite song of 2016 (so far)

Glen

• 2023 Gold Donors

Love and Bullets - The Defiants

Now that the dust has nearly settled, i think i'm going with

"Waitin' on a hearbreak - The Defiants".

I would go with either "Runaway," or "When I'll Stop Loving You." From that album, anyway. But my favourite song of the year would prolly be from Treat.

Which Treat song?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

I would go with either "Runaway," or "When I'll Stop Loving You." From that album, anyway. But my favourite song of the year would prolly be from Treat.
Which Treat song?

Probably "Endangered," but some days I just really love "Inferno," or "Nonstop Madness," or even "I Don't Miss the Misery." Seriously, I don't understand those folk that say the album is underwhelming.

Which Treat song?

Probably "Endangered," but some days I just really love "Inferno," or "Nonstop Madness," or even "I Don't Miss the Misery." Seriously, I don't understand those folk that say the album is underwhelming.

The 3 latter tracks you mentioned are SO good, and my 3 favorites from the album!

'Endangered' is the best of the bunch for TREAT. Definitely underwhelming when people compared it to 'Coup', and for me, it's 7% weaker indeed. Still worth the purchase and required at least 3-4 spins to really sink in.

As for DEFIANTS, well I agree, 'Waiting On A Heartbreak' is the best out of that album !

Anyway, 'Point of No Return' from NORDIC UNION is one of the best tracks this year folks, don't forget ! :D

Couldn't tell you my absolute favorite song for 2016 but will name Tempt's ''Comin On To You'' simply cause I think it didn't get enough love

I just dig the vibe of that track, pure fun

Christ on a crutch! Have I missed it, or has no one mentioned on this forum that these guys released an album called 'Runaway' on the 17th of June this year? I had no idea, but would have loved to know as I have been a big fan of what's been posted on this forum previously from these guys. Gonna check out this album asap!

Couldn't tell you my absolute favorite song for 2016 but will name Tempt's ''Comin On To You'' simply cause I think it didn't get enough love

Christ on a crutch! Have I missed it, or has no one mentioned on this forum that these guys released an album called 'Runaway' on the 17th of June this year? I had no idea, but would have loved to know as I have been a big fan of what's been posted on this forum previously from these guys. Gonna check out this album asap!

Yeah there was a thread with a couple songs you can listen to but it died pretty quick if I remember correctly. Anyway, they're already working on their second album and playing new tracks live, from what I've heard (on youtube) it sounds promising

Yeah there was a thread with a couple songs you can listen to but it died pretty quick if I remember correctly. Anyway, they're already working on their second album and playing new tracks live, from what I've heard (on youtube) it sounds promising

Ah, I see what happened. Just found the thread. The album was released, and all the forum activity about the album was right in the middle of my almost month long trip to Indonesia, where I didn't see the forum for about 2-3 months around that time, in total. So I understand how I missed it now. I wonder if I missed anything else worthwhile. Can't wait to hear this one now.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=34465&page=2

Ah, I see what happened. Just found the thread. The album was released, and all the forum activity about the album was right in the middle of my almost month long trip to Indonesia, where I didn't see the forum for about 2-3 months around that time, in total. So I understand how I missed it now. I wonder if I missed anything else worthwhile. Can't wait to hear this one now.

You managed to listen to that Tempt album yet mate?

You managed to listen to that Tempt album yet mate?

Not yet... got it lined up for Monday night. ;)

The Defiants - Save Me Tonight.

If anyone knows me well, they will know my (general) dislike of ballads. However when I hear a good ballad I do acknowledge it and for me this song is pretty flawless. Does all the right things in all the right places. Laine sounds amazing as does the production.

The Defiants - Save Me Tonight.

If anyone knows me well, they will know my (general) dislike of ballads. However when I hear a good ballad I do acknowledge it and for me this song is pretty flawless. Does all the right things in all the right places. Laine sounds amazing as does the production.

No brainer this. On par with Angel and Too Young For Wings.

Yeah, I like 'Save me tonight' but it won't be contesting any song of the year honours for me. Not even my favourite song on the album. I will say, though, that I believe this year's best songs may well be the finest list I have compiled for several years. Probably since the year the USA!USA!USA! album was released.

I am getting the impression that although my top 10 albums will all be melodic rock / AOR albums, all my individual favourite songs will be modern and synthwave songs.

• 2 weeks later...

My top 10 favorite songs of 2016

1. Falling - Nordic Union
2. Love And Bullets - The Defiants
3. Carry On - Tango Down
4. Inferno - Treat
5. Face The World - Pretty Maids
6. Never Too Late - Creye
7. In The Dead Of The Night - Hardline
8. Minute Of Your Time - First Signal
9. You Won't See Me Cryin - Ted Poley
10. The Great Pretender - Eden's Curse.

My top 10 favorite songs of 2016

1. Falling - Nordic Union

2. Love And Bullets - The Defiants

3. Carry On - Tango Down

4. Inferno - Treat

5. Face The World - Pretty Maids

6. Never Too Late - Creye

7. In The Dead Of The Night - Hardline

8. Minute Of Your Time - First Signal

9. You Won't See Me Cryin - Ted Poley

10. The Great Pretender - Eden's Curse.

Love that Poley song

Okay, we can blame Stefan for my 13 track top 10 songs of 2016. ;) I was going to exclude the Thief Club songs as they have been doing the rounds for three years now and only just ended up on an "album" in 2017. But, apparently I haven't pushed them enough over the last few years, so I will include them where they rightfully belong, but I won't use them at the expense of legit 2017 releases.
Anyway, here are my top 10 (13) songs of the year:
1. Busted - Without It
2. Magic Dance - Still Haunting Me
3. FM-84 - Running In The Night
4. Thief Club - Knew Your Name
5. The Summer Set - Change Your Mind
6. Thief Club - Weight With You
7. Thief Club - Follow You
8. LeBrock - Dangerous dreams
9. Wigelius - These Tears I Cry
10. Foret De Vin - Carol
11. Palace - Part of Me
12. White Widdow - Last Chance for Love
13. Newdrive - One Last Time

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOGdU9AEz6o

12. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLWJfLLqBxY

13. N/A - sadly all that's available on youtube is this pretty shitty live clip which does not highlight how massive and beefy this song sounds on the record - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhGkJ3UoHLQ

Give me a VCR and I'll direct and record the whole damn movie/s! Is that how it works?

Listen to the quality, though, mate. Listen.

As an aside, though, I love summer. As in, if I could kill winter I would, forever. I just hate it. I'd live in summer forever if I had the money. And for whatever reason, I just love shit that makes me think back to being a kid. Simpler times, I guess. I won't say better times, because I love my time with my kids more than any time I've known, but I love being taken back in time too.

And these tunes here all make me feel something, whatever that may be... and that's why they're in my list. ;)

And for the record, the Busted tune isn't retro... it's just fucking amazing.