Treat - Turn the Dial

Guest theczar

Guest theczar

So, like many of you I'm a big fan of Treat's two post-reformation albums, Coup De Grace & Ghost Of Graceland, however after paying for the pair of them, what's really annoyed me is that one of their finest songs "Turn the Dial" made the Japanese CD of CDG only!

Personally I would have happily seen it trade places with the merely good "All For Love", for example...

Anyway, help in obtaining a high quality MP3 of TTD would be most appreciated.

All For Love is not one of the ones i would trade.

No way, definitely not. One of my faves. It should just be on as an additional track... no need to replace anything on it. I agree, both songs are fantastic.

All For Love is not one of the ones i would trade.

Agree! One of favorites actually

Treat occupies a special category of my listigs which is "bands with great Japanese bonus tracks".

While I agree on the premise of the argument from the OP, definitely All For Love is not one of the candidates for replacing. Jaysus, talking 'bout some huge melodies + leads going into that bliss of a track. It's one of the 4 tracks from CDG which got full ratings from me.

To continue the debate, I wouldn't mind TTD replacing Tangled Up, a very nice but generic rocker, which fails to differentiate Treat.

Btw, I still have sealed my silver pressed Japanese quantity quality cd and I never ripped in my pc. And the site where I d/load it isn't online anymore (good riddance!). I checked Spotify but isn't up there.

Guest theczar

Ha, I've opened a hornet's nest! All For Love is a decent number - I like Paper Tiger the most, followed by No Way Without You & Tangled Up (& of course Turn The Dial); I know there's a lot of love for Roar but the grungy riff leaves me cold...

mrbandwidth - thanks for the tip, managed to pick up the extended mix of Abandon by Dare too!

For me it could replace that insipid ballad. That would be nice ;)

'A life to die for?' It's not that bad. It does start out sounding like it could be 'We are one' Part II, but I actually like it plenty by the time the full chorus hook is given time to flourish.

For me, the song I'd replace would be 'Heaven can wait.' Not an awful song, but the most nondescript kind of average tune on there.

'A life to die for?' It's not that bad. It does start out sounding like it could be 'We are one' Part II, but I actually like it plenty by the time the full chorus hook is given time to flourish.

For me, the song I'd replace would be 'Heaven can wait.' Not an awful song, but the most nondescript kind of average tune on there.

I really like Heaven Can Wait. Breathless or I'm Not Runnin' would be my pick to switch.

I really like Heaven Can Wait. Breathless or I'm Not Runnin' would be my pick to switch.

Im not runnin is ok but i prefer the Stanfour version.