RavenEye - Nova

Stefan

6128536.jpeg

This bluesy hard rock stuff won't cause sexually arousal for Geoff but good for what it is (the band I mean :) )

Press release from Frontiers Music:

We have recently signed an incredibly exciting UK rock band by the name of RavenEye and we wanted to share with you the EP they released last year, "Breaking Out"! If you've been digging Inglorious and also enjoy bands like RIVAL SONS, Black Stone Cherry, Blackberry Smoke, and the like, then this band will be right up your alley!

PRESS RELEASE: One year after the release of RAVENEYE’s debut EP, “Breaking Out,” the band makes their debut on Billboard's Heatseekers chart! Hitting #8 on the Heatseekers Mountain chart and #10 on the Heatseekers South Central chart, proving that touring and delivering live drives album sales!

Last year, the trio completed a hugely successful European and U.S. run with Slash. With rave reviews, RAVENEYE were invited to come back to the U.S. – this time to tour with The Darkness. The tour began in the Bay Area at the start of April and has wound its way down the coast and across the south to Cincinnati tonight, Chicago tomorrow, before heading to Indianapolis, Baltimore, New York, Buffalo and ending this run in Boston on May 4th.

The response from the live show has been tremendous, Vegas 24 Seven said of the RAVENEYE frontman, “Oli Brown captivated the audience.” While Rock At Night said of the Houston stop, “…their stage show was INSANE to watch!”

Even though only 25 years old, Oli Brown, singer and multi-award winning guitarist, has already released four solo albums and toured the world for 10 years with legends such as Jeff Beck, Buddy Guy, Johnny Winter and Joe Satriani. Mojo Magazine hailed Oli as, “the hottest young pistol in British blues' and Classic Rock Magazine described him as "one of the best and brightest guitar heroes performing in the world today". He has recorded the 5 tracks on “Breaking Out” late last year, before teaming up with drummer Kev Hickman and bassist Aaron Spiers and to take the songs out live - et voilà – RAVENEYE was born.

Filled with deep, bluesy grooves which invoke giants such as Led Zeppelin Official and Soundgarden, the band (who only formed a year ago) are winning fans around the world with their huge sound and killer live shows. The band plans to head into the studio this summer to record their first full-length album.

''Fuzz-tacular Garage Rock'' - Kerrang!

“A filthy monster of a song” - Classic Rock

"…the title track of the EP has a riff so big it could protect the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros" - Total Guitar

www.raveneyeofficial.com

FB

Last year's 'Breaking Out EP':

11427184_551590714980194_634590580614517

Tracks:

Breaking Out

Get It Started

Hey Hey Yeah

Run Away

You Got It

I've seen these guys a few times live as they are local to me and Kev the drummer is a mate of mine. Not exactly my cup of tea, but a good live band

• 2 months later...

More info from Frontiers Music:

BREAKING NEWS: (Los Angeles, CA – July 13, 2016) Frontiers is proud to announce the release of RavenEye's new album, NOVA on September 23, 2016. Pre-orders for the album are available now:

- http://radi.al/NovaRavenEye
- http://radi.al/NovaiTunes
- http://radi.al/NovaAmazon

Since forming in 2014, UK-based rock band RavenEye has toured globally, supporting bands such as The Darkness, Slash, Deep Purple, Halestorm, and Blues Pills. The band has headlined their own tours through Europe and America and have performed at major international rock festivals such as Download Festival (UK), Hellfest Open Air Festival (France), Azkena Rock Festival ARF (Spain), Rock For People (OFFICIAL) (Czech Republic),Louder Than Life (U.S.), and Aftershock Festival (U.S.), and will also perform at this year’s Maximus Festival in Brazil and Argentina this September. Their incendiary live shows have captivated crowds and put them on the map as a ‘must see live’ band. Now, the follow-up to their wildly successful debut EP, "Breaking Out", RAVENEYE’s full length album, NOVA, will be released worldwide on September 23 and will be the first for their new label, Frontiers Music Srl.

Warren Riker (Ms. Lauryn Hill, Michael Jackson, Down, Anders Osborne), who engineered the debut EP, took over as producer to capture the band’s true sonic identity on NOVA. Together, they worked at Water Music in Hoboken, New Jersey for 25 days and created an eleven-track album that pushed the band beyond its boundaries and into new ground. From the hard hitting riffs of “Inside”, “Madeline” and “Hero” to the raw sounds of “Wanna Feel You” and “Oh My Love’ to the stark reality of life and death in “Eternity”, NOVA takes you on a journey of defiance, pain, hate, death and, yes, love.

With songs filled with deep, bluesy grooves and infectious hooks that invoke giants such as Led Zeppelin and Soundgarden, RAVENEYE (who formed just two years ago) continue to win fans over around the world with their huge sound and killer live shows. The extensive touring in 2015 laid the ground work for a hungry fan-base and, this past April, one year after the release of their debut EP, Breaking Out, the band debuted on Billboard’s Heatseekers chart.

The critical acclaim has been just as loud with Classic Rock Magazinesaying, "RavenEye) deliver a thunderous set of the kind of feet-planted, head-bobbing groove-rock that has paid Pearl Jam’s cable bills for twenty-five years." And Rock at Night said of the Houston stop, “…their stage show was INSANE to watch!”

When RAVENEYE formed two years ago, the then 25 year old, Oli Brown, singer and multi-award winning guitarist, had already released four solo albums and toured the world for 10 years with legends such as Jeff Beck,Buddy Guy, Johnny Winter and Joe Satriani. Vegas 24 Seven said of the RAVENEYE frontman, “Oli Brown captivated the audience”, MOJO hailed Oli as, “the hottest young pistol in British blues” and Classic Rock Magazine described him as "one of the best and brightest guitar heroes performing in the world today." RAVENEYE’s live performances take their present and future fans on a journey to the next level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...