Bulletboys - From Out Of The Skies

Stefan

Press release:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the signing of BULLETBOYS to the label for a new album to be released in the last part of 2016!

BULLETBOYS formed in 1988 at the very peak of the Los Angeles hard rock movement. With record companies constantly searching for new talent, they possessed a pedigree that most bands would kill for. Unlike the other rockers of the day, the BulletBoys were more hard rock and blues fusion than pure hair metal. Using their credentials, they were able to quickly capture the attention of music fans around the world while frontman Marq Torien emerged as one of the most underrated vocalists of the era. Thanks to comparisons to the likes of Aerosmith and especially Van Halen, talent scouts came running and the band quickly received their first major label contract.

With a debut album, produced by none other than Ted Templeman (Van Halen, Montrose) which sported the the smash hit single "Smooth Up in Ya," BulletBoys officially established themselves as the leaders of the then LA rock scene. Constant tours and the support of MTV soon brought the album to platinum status. Two more albums soon followed, “Freakshow” and “Za-Za”.

The band continued to tour and release albums surviving throughout the grunge era and outlasting the nu-metal craze. With 8 more studio albums under their belt, BulletBoys are ready to start again with a new label, feeling stronger than ever!

“We could not be more ecstatic about signing with Frontiers” says Marq Torien. “Thank you to the Executives at the label and Artists Worldwide for believing in our music. We have worked diligently over the past years musically, touring, writing and performing. We are excited to embark on this new venture with Frontiers as our support and really looking forward to releasing our new music with your amazing label. Our new joint is going into a completely new direction musically that has not been heard from us ever. We promise not to disappoint!”

Bulletboys:
Marq Torien, vocals/lead guitar
Nick Rozz, rhythm & lead guitar
Chad MacDonald, Bass
Shawn Duncan, drums & percussion

Holy shit... what's going on at Frontiers? "Enuff Z' Nuff" and "Bulletboys" in two days, both of which feature one original member, and both of whom surely have tiny fanbases these days. Bulletboys' last album was not as bad as it seemed, but they're hardly relevant in the genre anymore... or are they?

they're hardly relevant in the genre anymore...

Waddaya mean "anymore?" They were never relevant. :D

:lol: I still love the debut.

:lol: I still love the debut.

Quote 2004 -

As good a debut as there is out there. Regardless of any comparisons, this album is a f*cking killer. When 'Hard as a rock' hits you know you're in for a hard rockin' explosion. After that it's a free for all with the naughty, but killer 'Smooth up in ya', my favourite 'Kissin' kitty' (MMM!), the awesome hard rock of 'Hell on my heels' and 'Badlands' and my other fave, the closer 'F#9' with it's awesome solo. Good on 'em for doing a debut without the obligatory ballad! Excellent CD!

.......so was it only in later life you became the wimp we all know and love ;):lol:

All joking aside (& I am only winding you up Geoff) , I have a vinyl of this album residing somewhere in my loft but with no record player and no cd I have no way of hearing this - honestly cannot remember one thing about it ???? Very weird.

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: BULLETBOYS' new album, "From Out Of The Skies" will be released on CD/LP/MP3 on March 23, 2018! Pre-orders are available now and the first single and music video, "D-Evil" will be out on January 4th!

Special Limited Edition Clear 180g Gatefold Vinyl Edition available here: https://www.frontiers.shop/bulletboys/ LIMITED TO 100 COPIES WORLDWIDE!

600x600bf.jpg

01. Apocalypto
02. D-Evil
03. From Out Of The Skies
04. Hi-Fi Drive By
05. Losing End Again
06. Whatcha Don't
07. P.R.A.B.
08. Sucker Punch
09. Switchblade Butterfly
10. Once Upon A Time

• 2 weeks later...

:o ...I'll give Marq credit for trying something different, but I'd rather listen to the tune released by the former Bulletboys members (Lies, Deceit & Treachery), which interestingly had a similar song title.

5 hours ago, Crazysam said:

:o ...I'll give Marq credit for trying something different, but I'd rather listen to the tune released by the former Bulletboys members (Lies, Deceit & Treachery), which interestingly had a similar song title.

Not bad. Just not great though either.

• 4 weeks later...

Similar to the previous song, not a terrible song but not a great one. I do kinda like it, but it does not wow me.

I think the album will be ok, but not sure I will rush to buy it on release day.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Horrible

Yeah mate, you're speaking a lot of sense in this thread. They are three absolute shithouse songs.