Stand up comedy

simo

Any stand up fans here? Who are your favorites, any recommendations or newcomers to look out for?

I like Sebastian Maniscalco (his first special and ''What's wrong with people'' which is on youtube were both great) although his last one ''Aren't you embarrassed'' wasn't that great.

And of course Bill Burr always delivers.

• My Little Pony

Didn't know Peter Kay, will have to check out his stuff. You're from Canada, aren't you? Russel Peters isn't ''hip'' anymore over there is he?

Russell Peters is not as big as he used to be. I personally get a little tired when all the jokes are race-related. At first it was funny, because half of my friends are Indian, so it was all, "Haha! That's so truu!" But now it's just my life, so it isn't fresh.

With Peter Kay, I'd suggest starting with Live at the Top of the Tower.

• My Little Pony

Also, if you like angry humour -- that's the best I can describe it -- check out Chris Porter.

My other favourite is Brian Regan. Perfectly clean, if that's a concern, and very funny. A lot of his jokes have become every day phrases for me and my family and friends.

While surfing the net, I came across an article on Andrew Dice Clay. It seems they doing a reality show on Clay. It great see him back.

• 2023 Gold Donors

While surfing the net, I came across an article on Andrew Dice Clay. It seems they doing a reality show on Clay. It great see him back.

"The Adventures of Ford Fairlane" is one of my favourite movies of all time.

As for favorite stand up....probably Dave Chappelle.

Also, if you like angry humour -- that's the best I can describe it -- check out Chris Porter.

My other favourite is Brian Regan. Perfectly clean, if that's a concern, and very funny. A lot of his jokes have become every day phrases for me and my family and friends.

Oh yeah Brian Reagan is great, seen one of his more recent specials plus a very old one, mullet included ;-)

Another one I like who is I think one of the most recognized these days is Louis CK. Never disappointed up to now and am excited to see what he comes up with next. Although I think he's busy with other stuff like TV shows etc.so might be a while until his next comedy release

Also like what he did years ago with his Beacon special, released it for 5 $ and everybody could download it from his site. No middle man, available shortly after it was shot which I think is great, a couple other comedians followed suit

Love Brian Regan. My mate showed an extremely politically incorrect guy recently who I found hilarious. Will try to think of his name...

Dara O'Briain

Greg Davies

Jimmy Carr

Russell Howard

Bill Bailey

Eddie Izzard

Jasper Carrott

Billy Connolly

;)

Jimmy Carr

Russell Howard

Urgh, those 2 are about as funny as a kick in the crutch.

For me by a looooong way -

Micky Flanagan and Frank Skinner.

Anyone know this guy? This clip is pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxLhCya6dzE

In his previous life, he played drums for Mortal Sin an Australian thrash metal band.

Yeah, he was on a show I saw late last year - VERY funny :)

Jimmy Carr

Russell Howard

Urgh, those 2 are about as funny as a kick in the crutch.

For me by a looooong way -

Micky Flanagan and Frank Skinner.

Micky Flanagan is VERY good.

I should have been a bit clearer ... Jimmy Carr and Russell Howard BEFORE over-saturation on TV ruined them ...

Dara O'Briain

Eddie Izzard

Jasper Carrott

Billy Connolly

;)

+ Peter Kay

Dylan Moran (Monster is fantastic)

Ross Noble (probably the funniest live show I've seen,jaw was in agony laughing)

Frank Skinner

for me anyway :)

and a couple of other irish comedians...

Andrew Maxwell

Colin Murphy

Jason Byrne

all mad as a box of frogs :)