First Signal - One Step Over The Line

Stefan

No man looks better with long hair.

Really??? As a fan of this kind of music you honestly believe that?

In my circle of friends, yeah, it's probably true. But I genuinely think these musician guys looked really cool back in the day and to be honest, I don't think one single guy from "back then" looked "good" with a haircut. I don't think it's suited any of them. Definitely not Hess - let's be honest, he just looks like a dorky little dweeb; and let's just call on the most famous of them all... you honestly think Jon Bon Jovi looks better with that awful haircut than he did back in the day?

No way for me. I like my men sexy, with long flowing hair and maybe a bit of eyeliner, and tight leather pants, caressing my nuts- I mean hair. Mmmm. That's the stuff.

Seriously, though, I love the image of the musicians we listen too, especially the 1989-1993 era when it was a little less tacky and a bit more handsome.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...99% of men look better with short hair. Including Hess. He looked a burk with those curls. Lesperance looks a million times better with short hair.

Maybe not JBJ.

Ok...99% of men look better with short hair. Including Hess. He looked a burk with those curls. Lesperance looks a million times better with short hair.

Maybe not JBJ.

• My Little Pony

Hess. He looked a burk with those curls. Lesperance looks a million times better with short hair.

So incredibly truu.

• My Little Pony

You are all a bunch of gays :P

I don't care about looks as long as they sound good.

Admiring a beautiful man is pretty much the straightest thing I can think of.

No man looks better with long hair.

Really??? As a fan of this kind of music you honestly believe that?

In my circle of friends, yeah, it's probably true. But I genuinely think these musician guys looked really cool back in the day and to be honest, I don't think one single guy from "back then" looked "good" with a haircut. I don't think it's suited any of them. Definitely not Hess - let's be honest, he just looks like a dorky little dweeb; and let's just call on the most famous of them all... you honestly think Jon Bon Jovi looks better with that awful haircut than he did back in the day?

No way for me. I like my men sexy, with long flowing hair and maybe a bit of eyeliner, and tight leather pants, caressing my nuts- I mean hair. Mmmm. That's the stuff.

Seriously, though, I love the image of the musicians we listen too, especially the 1989-1993 era when it was a little less tacky and a bit more handsome.

Agree, the image was great. I had the long hair and cool clothes.

I know you're probably kidding, but I actually have really grown to hate this concept of being unable to acknowledge another man's attractiveness. It's so fucking gay. I know I'm not gay, and what's so wrong about just acknowledging the obvious; whether a dude is attractive or not? Doesn't mean I want the dude's schlong in my mouth (well, not always).

Seriously, though, it's so gay to just not be able to acknowledge a handsome dude or not.

Personally, I preferred Hess with his massive head of long curls, and I definitely preferred Lesperence with long hair too. They both just looks like run-of-the-mill businessmen / office staff instead of rock musicians. I'll never apologise for loving the look as well as the music. How cool the dudes looked suited how good the music sounded.

I know you're probably kidding, but I actually have really grown to hate this concept of being unable to acknowledge another man's attractiveness. It's so fucking gay. I know I'm not gay, and what's so wrong about just acknowledging the obvious; whether a dude is attractive or not? Doesn't mean I want the dude's schlong in my mouth (well, not always).

Seriously, though, it's so gay to just not be able to acknowledge a handsome dude or not.

Personally, I preferred Hess with his massive head of long curls, and I definitely preferred Lesperence with long hair too. They both just looks like run-of-the-mill businessmen / office staff instead of rock musicians. I'll never apologise for loving the look as well as the music. How cool the dudes looked suited how good the music sounded.

Yep

• My Little Pony

Uh, it's something I said in jest, because I assumed most would disagree with it, but I actually believe it.

I think I posted somewhere here that, as human beings, we are all judgmental by nature. Every man looks at another man and makes a judgment about him. It's just that society tells us that straight men aren't allowed to admit what we think of another man's appearance.

But, I still have to wholeheartedly disagree that Harry and Pete looked better with long hair.

Uh, it's something I said in jest, because I assumed most would disagree with it, but I actually believe it.

I think I posted somewhere here that, as human beings, we are all judgmental by nature. Every man looks at another man and makes a judgment about him. It's just that society tells us that straight men aren't allowed to admit what we think of another man's appearance.

But, I still have to wholeheartedly disagree that Harry and Pete looked better with long hair.

There is no way in a million years that those 2 look better with long hair....esp Lesperance. He looks way cooler as he does now.

I can kind of accept JBJ. But he really is an exception to the rule.

I mean a classic example is FM - they looked ridiculous with long hair.

Nick Workman is another good example - the longer his hair gets the worse he looks.

Talk about another super generic Frontiers album cover. How many women with veils or long dresses looking over cityscapes or into sky do we need?

12742175_1015770855145632_38284851685360firstsignal-onestepovertheline.jpgFINDME_WOL.JPG

I'm guessing one more.

From the same genetic pool

4556.jpg?5641

4555.jpg?0118

• My Little Pony

There is no way in a million years that those 2 look better with long hair....esp Lesperance. He looks way cooler as he does now.

I can kind of accept JBJ. But he really is an exception to the rule.

I mean a classic example is FM - they looked ridiculous with long hair.

Nick Workman is another good example - the longer his hair gets the worse he looks.

Harry needs a better hair cut, though. Geoff is right that he looks too much like a business man, and not a rocker.

• My Little Pony

He just looks normal....which is how a 48 year old bloke should look.

If you're not fronting the one of greatest Melodic Hard Rock bands on the planet, sure.

Yeah, maybe I'm just being superficial, but I like it when the bands I listen to look cool too. Not look cool, as such, but if they look like musicians. I absolutely hate the father-of-three-next-door-neighbour-9-to-5-office-staff kind of look in musicians.

I acknowledge it's a bit silly for some of these 50-60 year old dudes trying to keep the long hair going, and it's just a sad reality of passing time... but I still like the look of the young bands keeping the image alive as well as the music.

A group of rock musicians, obviously;

HaremScarempict.jpg

Craig, Bob and Chris from the street Christmas Party last week, and a rock musician;

220px-B-Side_Collection.jpeg

i wonder why we were discussing men with their hair haha but it's interesting to quote Glen's statement 'no man will look good in long hair', well I think I disagree there mate, some dude looks better with long hair I guess, for example : Dave Mustaine, Axl Rose, Sebastian Bach, Nuno Bettencourt, Bret Michaels, Michael Sweet in their prime years and probably still better looking when they're old

and some reasons some rockers are cutting their hair short is probably so they can fit in the community and probably for their day job, many musicians didn't survive today if not working, so maybe that's the real reason

Yeah, maybe I'm just being superficial, but I like it when the bands I listen to look cool too. Not look cool, as such, but if they look like musicians. I absolutely hate the father-of-three-next-door-neighbour-9-to-5-office-staff kind of look in musicians.

I acknowledge it's a bit silly for some of these 50-60 year old dudes trying to keep the long hair going, and it's just a sad reality of passing time... but I still like the look of the young bands keeping the image alive as well as the music.

HaremScarempict.jpg

Craig, Bob and Chris from the street Christmas Party last week, and a rock musician;

The rock musician looks like a twat though. His hair is awful - trust me at the most recent gig i saw of Harem it was 3 v cool dudes and one ridiculous looking aging rocker desperately clinging onto something....stupidity ;)

To be honest vitually every band i listen to nowadays has short hair in at least a couple of the band members and look no less cool for it either.

HaremScarempict.jpg

With you on this.

i wonder why we were discussing men with their hair haha but it's interesting to quote Glen's statement 'no man will look good in long hair', well I think I disagree there mate, some dude looks better with long hair I guess, for example : Dave Mustaine, Axl Rose, Sebastian Bach, Nuno Bettencourt, Bret Michaels, Michael Sweet in their prime years and probably still better looking when they're old

and some reasons some rockers are cutting their hair short is probably so they can fit in the community and probably for their day job, many musicians didn't survive today if not working, so maybe that's the real reason

Agree