First Signal - One Step Over The Line

Stefan

12045608_1032231870166197_25583439042783

Press release from Frontiers Music:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is excited to announce the release of the sophomore album from FIRST SIGNAL, “One Step Over the Line“ on June 3rd.

In 2010, a marriage made in Melodic Rock heaven between Canadian singer Harry Hess and producer Dennis Ward launched the First Signal project. The concept developed when Frontiers' President Serafino Perugino presented Hess some Melodic Rock songs that harkened back to the magic of the early Harem Scarem sound, who at the time were on an artistic hiatus. The project was met with excellent reviews and interest from the Melodic Rock crowd and even when Harem Scarem re-launched with their album “Thirteen” (one of their strongest to date), Harry was still wanting to go back and sing some excellent Melodic Rock songs that he had from various songwriters under a different moniker.

So, the idea of another First Signal album started to float around and with the help of Swedish producer Daniel Flores (FIND ME, The Murder of My Sweet, etc.), the new record started to take shape. Once again, the inspiration behind the songs are the first two Harem Scarem albums, two absolute classic Melodic Rock releases. But once again, we have some new twists and interpretations, with songs covering everything from AOR to Arena Hard Rock.

Harry says, “I am very excited to be a part of the new First Signal release. I was pleasantly surprised with the positive reaction surrounding the first CD, so it was an easy decision to be a part of the new recording. Between Serafino, Daniel and myself we gathered some great songs that I'm sure the AOR fans will love. Daniel Flores did a fabulous job and put in a ton of effort to make this happen. We met many years ago on a writing trip to Sweden where I immediately noticed his work ethic and dedication to making music. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's reaction to the new album on June 3rd!”

Musicians on the album include the outstanding new talent Michael Palace on guitars and bass, Daniel Flores on drums and keyboards, and background vocals from Hess' Harem Scarem bandmate (and Red Dragon Cartel singer) Darren Smith, Alessandro Del Vecchio, Nigel Bailey, Daniel Flores, Rolf Pilotti and Angelica Rylin.

Another Melodic Rock gem and an absolute contender for the AOR album of the year!

FIRST SIGNAL
Harry Hess - Lead and backing vocals
Michael Palace - Acoustic, electric guitar and bass
Daniel Flores - Keyboards and Drums

Additional musicians:
Francesco Marras (solo on She is Getting Away and Love Gets Through)
Backing vocals: Darren James Smith, Harry Hess, Alessandro Del Vecchio, Nigel Bailey, Daniel Flores, Rolf Pilotti and Angelica Rylin

Produced by Daniel Flores

firstsignal-onestepovertheline.jpg

Tracks:

1. Love Run Free
2. Love Gets Through
3. Still Pretending
4. Broken
5. Kharma
6. Minute Of Your Time
7. She Is Getting Away
8. December Rain
9. Weigh Me In
10. Pedestal
11. One Step Over The Line

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

If I recall correctly, it appeared as though Harry Hess was the last member to be included in the band six years ago. I mean, it sounded as though they had the band together, and all the songs written, and then they called him up hoping he would sing them. Now it appears as though it's his project.

I dunno, I just think it's funny.

Also, is anyone else a little disappointed in the disappearance of Dennis Ward?

• My Little Pony

Loved the first release and I have high hopes for the second....

Don't get me wrong. I got high apple-pie-in-the-sky hopes. But I still wish Mr. Ward was a part of it.

Talk about another super generic Frontiers album cover. How many women with veils or long dresses looking over cityscapes or into sky do we need?

12742175_1015770855145632_38284851685360 firstsignal-onestepovertheline.jpgFINDME_WOL.JPG

That aside....I loved the debut and still think this will be a good one.

• My Little Pony

Talk about another super generic Frontiers album cover. How many women with veils or long dresses looking over cityscapes or into sky do we need?

12742175_1015770855145632_38284851685360firstsignal-onestepovertheline.jpgFINDME_WOL.JPG

I'm guessing one more.

Loved the first one, Hopefully this will get the 2016 AOR/MR genre into gear and give it kick up the arse

Yes, looking very much forward to this!!!

Treat

First Signal

Defiants

Ted Poley

Phantom 5

Sunstorm

Tang Down

Nordic Union

Hopefully the second half of the year is just as good!!!!!

12742175_1015770855145632_38284851685360firstsignal-onestepovertheline.jpgFINDME_WOL.JPG

I'm guessing one more.

I completely agree. IM pretty sure the same designer does alot of their work. Even the font and layout they use for lyrics is actually the same on most releases ;). The First Signal is the weakest cover of those 3.

Don't get me wrong. I got high apple-pie-in-the-sky hopes. But I still wish Mr. Ward was a part of it.

Ward has been dropping off similar releases for a while now... pity because he is brilliant at what he does.

I'm guessing one more.

I completely agree. IM pretty sure the same designer does alot of their work. Even the font and layout they use for lyrics is actually the same on most releases ;). The First Signal is the weakest cover of those 3.

Yes, for me those covers do not scream Melodic Rock/AOR. They need a new guy! lol

Ward has been dropping off similar releases for a while now... pity because he is brilliant at what he does.

Yes!

No Dennis Ward? Hopefully..... no problem.

The debut First Signal was so damn good. Still gets regular spins from me!

I simply cannot wait to hear disc #2 from these guys! Hess rulez!

No Dennis Ward? Hopefully..... no problem.

The debut First Signal was so damn good. Still gets regular spins from me!

I simply cannot wait to hear disc #2 from these guys! Hess rulez!

Agree

FIRST SIGNAL

Additional musicians:

Backing vocals: Darren James Smith, Harry Hess, Alessandro Del Vecchio, Nigel Bailey, Daniel Flores, Rolf Pilotti and Angelica Rylin

So again, noone from the band (apart from Hess, and maybe Smith on some backing vocals) from the previous album...

FIRST SIGNAL

Additional musicians:

So again, noone from the band (apart from Hess, and maybe Smith on some backing vocals) from the previous album...

That's kinda a buzzkill. They had a certain magic on the debut.

I still think this'll be a great one. Gotta say, that is a horrible photo of Hess. Did he age 15 years since his last photo?

I still think this'll be a great one. Gotta say, that is a horrible photo of Hess. Did he age 15 years since his last photo?

He does look very sad.... the moment he found out no Ward?

I think he looks bloody good for his age (48 in July) !!

He does look very sad.... the moment he found out no Ward?

I think he looks bloody good for his age (48 in July) !!

He did still look okay (I preferred him with long hair, tenfold)... until this last photo. Where, as I say, he seems to have aged 15 years or so.

No man looks better with long hair.

Except maybe Eric Bana. He looks a twat with short hair.

Anyway point is Hess looks good for his age....its just the photo mate.

• My Little Pony

Excited for this one !

Me, too. I mean, as much as I worry about this release, I'm always excited for more music from Mr. Hess.