Dynazty - Titanic Mass

Stefan

You actually prefer Renatus to Knock You Down?

Now the world truly has gone mad.

I'll assume you dont have the Euro version and leave it at that.

Haha, I was surprised too. Just went back and looked at the ratings and yeah, apparently I found a lot of weak songs on 'Knock you down' for a few gems, compared to just one long average song on 'Renatus.'

I would actually like to hear the albums back to back to hear this confirmed... and may do that soon. To be honest thought, I don't remember a thing from either CD and I've only ever found the band okay at best. For the record I'm 99% sure I have the Euro version of the CD as I hardly have any Jap CDs, and definitely not this one.

Haha, I was surprised too. Just went back and looked at the ratings and yeah, apparently I found a lot of weak songs on 'Knock you down' for a few gems, compared to just one long average song on 'Renatus.'

I would actually like to hear the albums back to back to hear this confirmed... and may do that soon. To be honest thought, I don't remember a thing from either CD and I've only ever found the band okay at best. For the record I'm 99% sure I have the Euro version of the CD as I hardly have any Jap CDs, and definitely not this one.

If its a cdr you got its the Jap cos thats the one which leaked.

I think Knock you Down is an awesome melodic hard rock album and their best. I think i gave it about 90%

yeah yeah i'm also puzzled with Geoff's rating. The average debut is rated quite high and 'Renatus' is better than 'Titanic' and both are better than 'Knock You Down' :D

After a while, actually 'Knock' cools down a bit Glen and I rated it around 81.3% (from previously around 84-85) but yeah I'm surprised to see it rated so low for you Geoff, but I must agree that most songs there are between 7.5 to 8.5 but then probably should be at least 75%.

'Sultans of Sin' is still quite strong and my rating is 86.75%, if I remember correctly, my rating on their debut is 70% or slightly lower, so it might be on par or slightly weaker than 'Renatus'.

Nah Glen, I forked out for the proper Euro copy of the CD. I only stopped buying CDs around mid to late 2014. Before then, I still bought anything and everything decent.

Like I said, dudes, I haven't heard the CD probably since 2011, to be honest, so I do want to revisit this rating. I might even do it soon... maybe before I even finish my "Z"s... because it does seem low. lol. But anyway, here's what I said back in 2011;

1 - Sleeping with the enemy - 7
2 - New sensation - 6
3 - The devil's playground - 6.5
4 - Hunger for love - 8
5 - Get it on - 6
6 - Knock you down - 6
7 - Mr money - 7
8 - Wild nights - 6.5
9 - Brand new day - 5.5
10 - Throne of china - 6.5
11 - The great delusion - 6
12 - This is my life - 7
13 - A girl like you - 7
14 - Stand as one - 7.5
15 - One in a million - 7.5
16 - Too much is not enough - 6.5
Total - 67%
Looking at that track list, maybe I only rated MP3s I had in 2011 before I got the physical CD? 'Cause that can't be the Euro track list, can it? Like I said, I will definitely re-rate this one soon.

I'd have to check but I think it ends at track 12??

Yeah some of those tracks scores look well low imo.....maybe cos its more straight ahead hard rock, but by God some of those songs kick arse.

I think NT is probably right in that it should sit somewhere between 80-85%, depending on your taste.

New Sensation, Hunger For Love, absolutely brilliant melodic power rock songs, that actually have catchy hooks, memorable choruses, and prove this band could create something brilliant had they cared enough to go out and find someone, anyone with any kind of writing talent, and employ that person to write an entire album for them, which in my heart, not only frustrates the fucking shit out of me, actually pisses me off, if you just suspect a band could be killer it's completely different then a band actually proving and giving you a taste of just how good they could be, then dumping nothing but shit on you for every release following it, maybe it's just that nobodys told them their writing skills blow, and their songs suck, maybe it's as simple as someone merely pointing that out to the band?? im finished wasting my money on their shlog though, fuck that, I dont see anything vastly or even in the ballpark of good anywhere in the immediate future.